1.    #1  
    I have this weird problem with my Treo 650 GSM:- I kept the phone turned on and attached to the charger overnight. Next morning the indication light would will be solid green. When I turned on the machine in the morning, it immediately reset itself. Phone calls which came before the reset were all directed to the voicemail (proving that at some point during the night the phone turned off automatically).

Any suggestion or idea?
    maybe caused by some incompatible apps?
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
  3.    #3  
    I wonder if any person in this forum has experienced the same problem.
    I saw a unlocked 650 having the same thing...the phone just shows fatal exception error for "Phone"...whenever turning on the radio, it'll turn off right away....but one day, it works fine...for couple hrs..then it happens again.....did a hard reset already...same...I had suggested the guy to do a zero-out reset and see if the problem will be solved....as from this point...it's very hard to find out whether it's a software problem or a defective phone...

BTW, the phone has no 3rd party software installed...just everything comes with the phone by factory.
  5.    #5  
    But I only encounter the reset once a day, ie when I turn it on for the first time in the morning. Very strange.
    You can always do a #*377 (dial) to find out what's wrong.
    I'm getting this occassionaly too. GSM P1 Unlocked on TMo. #*377 shows the following-

'A reset was caused on DD/MM/YY at x:xx pm while running "Phone": Fatal Exception'

It's happened twice since I got it. Don't know if i have faulty hardware or if it's a sowftware issue. I wish PalmOne would speak up if this is a known issue. It would probably save them alot of returns/replacements if it's just a software issue that a patch could fix.

I'm hesitant to return mine, as everything else seems good.
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
  8.    #8  
    I dialled #*377 and got the following message:-

HALRadioAcDc.c,
    Line:441, Host wake not
    asserted in time

Any idea?
    Quote Originally Posted by paris
    I'm getting this occassionaly too. GSM P1 Unlocked on TMo. #*377 shows the following-

'A reset was caused on DD/MM/YY at x:xx pm while running "Phone": Fatal Exception'

It's happened twice since I got it. Don't know if i have faulty hardware or if it's a sowftware issue. I wish PalmOne would speak up if this is a known issue. It would probably save them alot of returns/replacements if it's just a software issue that a patch could fix.

I'm hesitant to return mine, as everything else seems good.
    That's same for my friend's case....if it works...everything goes very good....but it's so annoying to have the phone turning off the radio itself....so what's the point to get a cell phone with its basic function not working at all...this is not even considered as a random reset as in this forum...it's just phone off...

Paris, I would suggest you try the zero-out reset to see if it'll help or not....and make sure you backup your stuffs...
    I have a GSM Unlocked version as well and am also using T-Mobile - perhaps there is a connection?? Mine crashes at least once a day.
  11.    #11  
    I'm going to check with my telephone company to see if it is the problem with the SIM card I am using.
  12.    #12  
    I changed my 64K SIM card to a 32K SIM card and the problem has gone. PalmOne should investigate why Treo 650 is incompatible with 64K SIMs.
    My troe 650 has auto turned off the phone a few times by itself...frustrating fer me too...

I'm living in malaysia btw(I'm chinese...NOT malay.. )

Kinson.
  15. e40
    Wow, that #*337 is cool. I got this:

A crash occurred on 2/28/05 at 5:46 pm while running "Phone":
    HALRadioAcDc.c, Line:441, Host wake not asserted in time
  16.    #16  
    Sorry to report that 2 days after changing from 64K sim to 32k sim, the same "Host wake not asserted in time" error reappeared. So it has nothing to do with the sim afterall. Anyone has any idea as to the exact cause of this error?
    I have been having this problem as well...my phone constantly turns off by itself all the time!!!! its driving me crazy. I have switched sim cards..that didnt work. I have checked all 3rd party programs...they are fine. The same prob happened with my 600 as well....it has to be something with unlocked treo, at&t sim card??? any suggestions?
    Add me to the list.

While running security:

HALRadioAcDc.c,
    Line:441, Host wake not
    asserted in time
    I am having a similar problem... .First yesterday at 3 am in morning the phone shut off ... I know because I woke up when it made the typical Cingular phone swithing off sound.... did #*377 ... no error message except the one it was showing because of the Zap game since the day before.....

In addition, every so often the phone crashes when a call is coming in and sends the caller straight to my voice mail. Very annoying. For an 'executive' all in one toy, this is a highly unreliable phone.

Amit
    I like treo 650 so much except "occassionally switch off/on" & "RESET". That's it.