Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Listen up PalmOne:
    Bradley's gone, now get it together.
    OK so you've made some honest improvements in many areas:
    1. The Camera, you were right about the quality vs. resolution [applause].
    2. The new "Agenda" view of datebook, finally!.. thank you. [applause].
    3. The MP3 player, good first attempt, dump realplayer & move on [applause].
    4. More entries in the speed lists, bravo! [applause]... and there are others.

On the other hand, you have gotten so caught up in technical BS and "cool stuff" that you've completely left common sense and basic functionality in the dust in many areas.
    What do I mean? Your CEO, Mr. Tom, has always touted the Treo as a "one-handed, one touch" fast-access-to-vital-functions device, right?
    Well, I'm here to tell you, you've taken a step backwards (600>650).

1. If I'm driving down the road, and I want to quickly access my call log (by feel) with hard buttons... I want to push one button, not 3. and/or I don't want to have to sacrifice valuable speed dial space to get to what the 600 provided without the sacrifice... bring back the customizable 5way nav.

2. And what's up with the Call Log? As soon as you enter the log, the damned "Cancel" button is highlighted instead of the top (last) entry! So if I want to start scrolling down the list I have to hit the top of the 5way nav... then hit the bottom... C'mon Man, get it together! Did you even field test this thing before release?

3. Bluetooth... I have to contain myself here because my anger is getting the better of me on this issue. You advertised for a year that the new Treo will be fully Bluetooth enabled. YOU LIED. It's that simple. Nearly every other basic Bluetooth enabled phone out there will work with the latest headsets out there... And thanks for 1.1 (vs. 1.2) You freaking jerks. This will bite you square in the *** if you don't do something quick... Hey Todd Bradley what ever happened to your obligation to your shareholders? See Ya.

This is a classic example of losing sight of your objectives, failing to ask basic questions about a new product along the way, and allowing your technology to overcome your humanity.

Never forget, the logical human form comes first.

Hopefully, it'll be honest thoughts like this post that spurs you to act logically.

Don't get angry... get busy.

Thank You Treo Central for allowing for honest in this killer forum, you guys rock.

Tundy in Key West, FL
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    well said!
    Amen!!! Can I get a Halleluja!
    Yeah!

The call log issue is not only INCREDIBLY annoying, it shows utter lack of attention to detail. Palm made its reputation on avoiding pitfalls like this. Very telling. If a firmware update isn't available soon, I'm dumping the 650.
    Can someone verify this for me? I was just as Cingular's site to look at ordering a 650....and there is no 650 there! Did they pull it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Loci
    Can someone verify this for me? I was just as Cingular's site to look at ordering a 650....and there is no 650 there! Did they pull it?
    do a search,

they pulled it from their site. lack of inventory some say, but you might be able to place an order if you call.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I agree about the call log usability.

It is as if PalmOne wanted to avoid novices placing calls when they clumsy around with the call log application. But hey, it doesn't seem like it was really a problem with the Treo 600, so why "fix" it??
    YES....My point exactly. Do people at Palm actually use it?

Quote Originally Posted by tundycentral
    Listen up PalmOne:
    Bradley's gone, now get it together.
    OK so you've made some honest improvements in many areas:
    1. The Camera, you were right about the quality vs. resolution [applause].
    2. The new "Agenda" view of datebook, finally!.. thank you. [applause].
    3. The MP3 player, good first attempt, dump realplayer & move on [applause].
    4. More entries in the speed lists, bravo! [applause]... and there are others.

On the other hand, you have gotten so caught up in technical BS and "cool stuff" that you've completely left common sense and basic functionality in the dust in many areas.
    What do I mean? Your CEO, Mr. Tom, has always touted the Treo as a "one-handed, one touch" fast-access-to-vital-functions device, right?
    Well, I'm here to tell you, you've taken a step backwards (600>650).

1. If I'm driving down the road, and I want to quickly access my call log (by feel) with hard buttons... I want to push one button, not 3. and/or I don't want to have to sacrifice valuable speed dial space to get to what the 600 provided without the sacrifice... bring back the customizable 5way nav.

2. And what's up with the Call Log? As soon as you enter the log, the damned "Cancel" button is highlighted instead of the top (last) entry! So if I want to start scrolling down the list I have to hit the top of the 5way nav... then hit the bottom... C'mon Man, get it together! Did you even field test this thing before release?

3. Bluetooth... I have to contain myself here because my anger is getting the better of me on this issue. You advertised for a year that the new Treo will be fully Bluetooth enabled. YOU LIED. It's that simple. Nearly every other basic Bluetooth enabled phone out there will work with the latest headsets out there... And thanks for 1.1 (vs. 1.2) You freaking jerks. This will bite you square in the *** if you don't do something quick... Hey Todd Bradley what ever happened to your obligation to your shareholders? See Ya.

This is a classic example of losing sight of your objectives, failing to ask basic questions about a new product along the way, and allowing your technology to overcome your humanity.

Never forget, the logical human form comes first.

Hopefully, it'll be honest thoughts like this post that spurs you to act logically.

Don't get angry... get busy.

Thank You Treo Central for allowing for honest in this killer forum, you guys rock.

Tundy in Key West, FL
    Treo 700p, 650p 600p, 300p, IIIc, III, Vx, USR Palm Pilot, Newton Message Pad 130, Newton Message Pad 120, (Was there a MP 100?), HP Calculator, Pencil and Paper, Chisel and Rock ....
    I think they should NOT made the phone button the ability to select and use the center button only to select. For example, when I'm in contacts and I want to get out of contacts. If I accidentally hit the phone button and my highlight is on a phone number under the contact name, it will try to call that number instead of go back to the phone screen. But if my highlight is on the name then it will go back to the phone screen. So I have to make sure I'm not highlighting a number. Also for the call logs. If I'm just browsing my call log without the intent of calling any on the list and I wanna exit out, I just wanna hit the phone button and have it take me back to the phone screen. Same goes for redial. Sometimes I just wanna look at my last redial and when the redial screen comes up you can't exit out unless you hit the left or right on the 5 way. If you hit the phone button it will call the highlighted number. If the center button was the only way to select then everything would be much easier. If I'm scrolling down any list and do decide to call that number then my finger is already on the 5 way anyway so all I do is hit the center button.

Is there any way of disabling this feature on the phone button?
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    What we really need is a complete replacement Phone app. Let's face it: Phone sucks. The new call log sucks (for former T600 users anyway), the GUI of Phone has generally been made less usable, switching to Phone from other apps is SLOW as hell now, despite a much faster processor than the 600, and what's worse, Phone seems to be responsible for many of the soft reset issues out there (perhaps in interaction with funky hardware or 3rd party software.

Hopefully there will be some serious work on patching this app up in a new firmware release, but I'm a bit doubtful given Pa1mOne's track record.
    "Did you even field test this thing before release? "

HAHAHAHAHA That's a good one. This thing is the greatest gadget of all times. Releasing this phone too soon could end up setting it back years.

Cingular says they are backorderd, but all I see is people returning them. I say no way. If you can get em on the net next day, it's not a s/d issue.

Luckily, I stuck it out and love this buggy little animal.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Thank you for that important post. I have now firmly made up my mind to sit out the 650. It has taken me months of 600 replacements to have a unit that is the least objectionable to live with. i am accustomed to its every quirk and bug and my family and friends resigned to the speakerphone ECHOOOOOOoooooo. But I will not, AND ABSOLUTELY CAN NOT live with out the call log one thumb functionality. I use it when driving all day. Add in the fact that you can't cusomize the 5 wayNav??? Is that true ...? How assenine. Why, Why would you remove existing customization and features from a new model? Well I guess to please someone out there, but disenfranchise the existing franchise of owners is what it does. The silver lining?

I'm saving 500 plus bucks and treo tampering is no longer up there with nutrition, sleep and sex....not until the 700, that is.

OmoAnya
    Holy crap, I feel so much better that someone else is as frustrated with the call log thing as I am. Being a former 600 user, that was the first thing I noticed. And no, just to confirm for those who do not have a 650, you can not customize the 5-way nav. In fact, your first 10 favorites buttons are pre-set and can not be changed! I really don't get it -- where's the logic in removing features??? Favorites are supposed to be convenient shortcuts, but instead it takes 2 or 3 clicks to get to where you wanna go!

B/w this and lack of WiFi SDIO support, palmone is really starting to get on my nerves...
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    do a search,

they pulled it from their site. lack of inventory some say, but you might be able to place an order if you call.
    It's still on the site for my area (Missouri City, TX - 77459).

http://onlinestore2.cingular.com/web...&svcAreaId=HOU
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsey
    Holy crap, I feel so much better that someone else is as frustrated with the call log thing as I am. Being a former 600 user, that was the first thing I noticed. And no, just to confirm for those who do not have a 650, you can not customize the 5-way nav. In fact, your first 10 favorites buttons are pre-set and can not be changed! I really don't get it -- where's the logic in removing features??? Favorites are supposed to be convenient shortcuts, but instead it takes 2 or 3 clicks to get to where you wanna go!

B/w this and lack of WiFi SDIO support, palmone is really starting to get on my nerves...
    I am completely on board with everyone with respect to the non-customizable 5-way. I don't understand why we had to take a step backwards. More button presses to accomplish almost everything now. It really pi$$es me off. However, you CAN change the first 10 favorites. There are several options. You can either drag and drop them to another page (like the last one so you never have to see them), or you can use a program like Filez to edit the PhoneFavorites2DB file. You can even make changes to the default voicemail shortcut, like changing the number, changing the default shortcut to something other than "1", changing the atrributes so that it's editable from within the phone app. Check out these threads:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=74001
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...oicemail+filez
  16.    #16  
    You said it brother... it's amazing just a few days ago, how much crap I caught from die-hard Palm followers. The forest and the trees. The forest and the trees.
  17.    #17  
    Huh?
    WOW, the atmoshere is really changing around TC, about 2 weeks ago, the P1 Fanboys would have stormed this thread and labeled everyone who felt there was bugs with the T650 liars, and idots..

My question to the Fanboys, are you still there or did you "convert"?
    "They say my ghetto instrumental detrimental to kids, as if they can't see the misery in which they live." Krazy -Tupac Shakur

"Should we cry when the pope die? My request, we should cry if they cried when we buried Malcom X." Blasphemy - Tupac Shakur
    My original post a bit back was that the T650 had disappeared from Cingular's site. It has returned. I thought it might be significant at the time, since in my experience they do not pull backordered phones, and that they might be falling back and punting on the T650. Seems its not so...

With all of these problems reported, I am in no hurry to get a T650...will keep watching.
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    The 100 to 1 principle goes like this: every crash story keeps 100 people away. It takes 100 features to attract a buyer, but each horror story takes 100 people away.

Right now the 650 is a minefield. One little change and it will crash the whole 650. Or the whole desktop. This has hurt Palm OS independent software companies to no end.

Aren't we all just frozen in fear, afraid to download one more app that will start the continuous reset cycles? The random crashes? I am.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast