Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    My Treo 650 locks up, with the screen off. Pressing the keys doesn't do anything; the only way I can revive my 650 is to reset it. I have an unlocked GSM 650 with Cingular.

I'm not having ramdom reboots -- just locking up with the screen off. Has anyone else experienced this?

Here are the 3rd party apps on my 650:

BackupBuddyVFS
    CleanU
    ClipPro
    Dir Assistant
    FileZ
    FlightStatus
    Keyboard
    mReset
    mSafe
    PalmAid
    pTunes
    Snapper
    SoundRec
    TreoAlarm
    VeriChat
    Can you replicate the lockups consistently? If so, I would suggest doing a hard reset (wipes everything out), and before you hotsync for the first time try to recreate the lockups. If you can do it, then you most likely have a defective Treo and I would ask for a replacement. If it works fine, then it could be something that is coming over from your PC at the hotsync.

Also, which brand SIM do you have from Cingular? Does it end in the letter A or the letter G?
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    Can you replicate the lockups consistently? If so, I would suggest doing a hard reset (wipes everything out), and before you hotsync for the first time try to recreate the lockups. If you can do it, then you most likely have a defective Treo and I would ask for a replacement. If it works fine, then it could be something that is coming over from your PC at the hotsync.

Also, which brand SIM do you have from Cingular? Does it end in the letter A or the letter G?
    The lockups aren't that consistent. They seem to follow my running Verichat -- but that's only a casual association, since the lockups can happen as long as 12 hours after running Verichat.

I do have the notorious G SIM card from Cingular, but I'm not experiencing any of the other G SIM card problems.

--Bill
    Well, I would suggest you uninstall Verichat and try it like that for a few days to see what happens. Also, I would suggest getting the Axalto SIM anyway. Not all symptoms are present in all situations.
    Cingular Treo 650
    i have exactly the same problem and none of the same third app.I use unlocked with t mobile.
    I have the same problem intermitently...

I've gotten this from debug

The crash occured while running "Phone".

HalRadioAcDc.c Line: 441 Host wake not asserted in time.
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoStallion
    I have the same problem intermitently...

I've gotten this from debug

The crash occured while running "Phone".

HalRadioAcDc.c Line: 441 Host wake not asserted in time.
    Although I've owned every Treo since the 180, I'm still not fluent in "Treo." So -- do you know what this means?

I just experienced another two freezes -- about 30 minutes apart. These came after running pTunes. This is the first time my Treo has frozen (screen off) after Pocket Tunes has been running.
    I had this problem once and it turned out to be a corrupted call log. I deleted the PhoneCallDB file and all was well again. Another indication of this being the problem is when you try to view the call log the 650 will reset.

HTH

-X
    Xathros

SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xathros
    I had this problem once and it turned out to be a corrupted call log. I deleted the PhoneCallDB file and all was well again. Another indication of this being the problem is when you try to view the call log the 650 will reset.

HTH

-X
    The problem of my Treo 650 freezing (screen off) is now happening quite frequently. Just recently it froze and I had to reset it after no particular application was running.

My phone log is okay -- viewing phone log does not cause my Tre to reboot.
    Quote Originally Posted by badler
    Although I've owned every Treo since the 180, I'm still not fluent in "Treo." So -- do you know what this means?

I just experienced another two freezes -- about 30 minutes apart. These came after running pTunes. This is the first time my Treo has frozen (screen off) after Pocket Tunes has been running.
    I'm not sure what that means either... I'm assuming (hoping) its a software issue that will be resolved. If not then could be an underlying hardware problem.
    I found that it had to do with the "Security" application and with whether the keys were "locked"
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT
    I found that it had to do with the "Security" application and with whether the keys were "locked"
    So are you saying your Treo was freezing and when you removed the keylock feature it went away?
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoStallion
    So are you saying your Treo was freezing and when you removed the keylock feature it went away?
    I turned off keylock --and I turned off the phone iteself-- but my Treo 650 is still locking up. Now on a fairly frequent basis.
    Check to see what SIM card you have. If it is a GEMPLUS, it could be the problem. Mine is a 32k card, and it seems to have this problem, although the announcement said that the 64k cards were the culprit. I have the feeling it is any GEMPLUS SIM.
    Renee Roberts
    renee@portable-essentials.com

:-D
    get rid of treoalarm and all its references in the saved pref using clean up. Reinstall treoalarm and you should be fine.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by reneeroberts
    Check to see what SIM card you have. If it is a GEMPLUS, it could be the problem. Mine is a 32k card, and it seems to have this problem, although the announcement said that the 64k cards were the culprit. I have the feeling it is any GEMPLUS SIM.
    Which "announcement" was this?
    Try the TreoCentral homepage.

Here is the direct link to the article: http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/556-1.htm
    Renee Roberts
    renee@portable-essentials.com

:-D
    Actually, I've had the unlocked GSM Treo 650 for a few days now and even though no extra programs have been installed, I find it freezes on average twice a day in keylock mode, with the screen off. It seems to be a software problem.
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reneeroberts
    I do have a Gemplus SIM card, but this problem happens even when the phone is off. (I presume that with the phone off the SIM card isn't a factor.)
    I would swap the SIM out anyway. One less variable to worry about.
    Cingular Treo 650
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast