1.    #1  
    Hi all. I have to make this a quick review this morning, but I did want to tell those considering this headset that it's not ready for prime time yet. The biggest flaw is it's long delays in transfering the call to the headset from the Treo 650. It consistently takes 11 seconds. Doesn't sound like much, but if you other side picks up immediately chances are they will hang up because they will be talking to themselves for most of that period.

This is NOT a Treo issue. I've now tried the Sony HBH-300, the Plantronics 2500, the Motorola 820. None have the problem. My current favorite is the Moto 820. It picks up in 2 seconds, before you other end picks theirs up.

There's more too. Per other threads here, I can confirm that you won't necessarily get the caller id. In just testing it for a few days I did not. Furthermore, it didn't even give me the option of answering the call when I knew it was coming in. It just lit up, but with no choice on answering.

Add to the above, it's not as comfortable as I thought it would be. My Moto 820 is so light that I can forget I'm wearing it. You won't forget the Jabra. If you hadn't felt a comfortable headset then you'd probably accept it, but if you do, you'll notice the difference.

Last note for now, whatever headset you get, download BTMute for your Treo. For $5.00 it fixes a volume bug on the Treo. Without it I was ready to return the Moto 820 because I thought it didn't have sufficient volume. However threads here clued me in that it wasn't the headset, but the Treo and that BTMute fixes it. Now, I have so much volume I have to lower it.

Don
    Quote Originally Posted by HighFlyer

Last note for now, whatever headset you get, download BTMute for your Treo. For $5.00 it fixes a volume bug on the Treo. Without it I was ready to return the Moto 820 because I thought it didn't have sufficient volume. However threads here clued me in that it wasn't the headset, but the Treo and that BTMute fixes it. Now, I have so much volume I have to lower it.

Don
    Don thanks for the scoop about BTMute, mind posting a link to that software?

Thanks

K
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Thanks!
    Additionally, I just got off the phone with Jabra Customer Service and confirmed that the 800 IS NOT compatible with the Treo650.

No Caller ID
    8 second lag time to connect
    No Voice Dialing
    No Ring Tones...
    Sorry. The only true compatible headset (he said) for the 650 was Jabra's 250P, exclusive to Palm and available at PalmOne site.
  6.    #6  
    I thought since I waited nearly 2 months for the BT 800 from MacMall, I'd give it a try when it arrived to see if Jabra did anything for the US version to help with the Treo 650 situation and I was completely disappointed. I thought the BT250 was a bad connection, but the BT800 is even worse. It takes between 8 and 15 seconds to pick up the phone and then proceeds to echo throughout the call. It's just plain awful. I really hope Palmone does something about this. I'm tempted to tget a bluetooth doggle for this "bluetooth" phone just to make the darn thing work. Anyway, I'm getting off point... the point is BT800 just doesn't work with the Treo 650.
    I never liked the size of the BT800 anyway. I'm hoping the BT500 will work properly with the 650 but i'm not going to hold my breath. I really like the behind the ear design of the jabra's, but their performance is awful.