1.    #1  
    Has anyone had the problem with their Treo 650 causing a buzzing/distortion sound when it is accessing the Internet and the phone is close to a PC or IP phone system? I vae a wireless network in my home and notice when I am near my PC with the transmitter I get a buzzing type sound when the phone is transmitting. I also get the same sound when the phone is near my IP phone at work.
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers
    Has anyone had the problem with their Treo 650 causing a buzzing/distortion sound when it is accessing the Internet and the phone is close to a PC or IP phone system? I vae a wireless network in my home and notice when I am near my PC with the transmitter I get a buzzing type sound when the phone is transmitting. I also get the same sound when the phone is near my IP phone at work.
    The 600 had the same issue. For the life of me I cannot remember if my 180 did the same thing. I have heard its only the GSM radios that do this.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Yup, happens with any GSM phone. Causes interference with wireless LAN as well as cordless phone frequencies. What seems to reduce the buzz is to:
    1. upgrade your wireless to 802.11G from 802.11B, if you haven't already done that
    2. upgrade your cordless phone from 2.4GHz to 5.8 GHz
    I did these, and there's no more buzzing for me.
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    GSM and iDen (Nextel) all interfere with speakers, it stinks. CDMA does too, but at a much lesser extent. I can hear my Sprint Treo 650 sometimes on my computer speakers, but its no where near as irritating as with a GSM phone.

Joe
    As stated already, most mobile phones cause this. Just move the phone about 6 feet from your PC monitor, speakers, etc. and no more issues.
  6.    #6  
    Kind of hard to move the phone too far away with a docking cradle. Can this buzzing be damaging? I assume if I turn off the phone when it is in the cradle that would stop the buzzing right?
    Nope, it's not damaging. I lived with it for a looong time before I could afford to upgrade my cordless/wireless devices. Turning your phone off in the cradle should stop the buzzing.
    GSM and IDEN are serious problems in this regard. It is not a treo issue. Get any GSM phone near audio equipment and you have problems.

I am an audio engineer and we ban them from the studio. My CDMA phones (including my Treo 650) do not cause any issues at all. I am not saying that CDMA is completely interfearence free, only that it is not a problem around our professional audio equipment. When we are not doing sessions and have our GSM phones on we can tell when a call is comming in before the phone even rings they are so bad!

We only use GSM phones becasue my company has a contract with ATT/Cingular so the business phones are GSM.
    No Buzzing w/ UMTS?
    Yea Well, Until they get it up and running better.
    Getting reports of handoffs in the Portland and Seattle area:
    http://forums.wirelessadvisor.com/ci...r-handoff.html
    Just call me Berd.