Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    what makes it so darn fast? and why cant blazer be as fast? xiino is kind of ugly and primitive in terms of visual interface but i am very impressed with the speed. any way of hacking blazer to make it near as fast?
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Xiino has it is own proxy server that all the clients connect to ... of course it's fast?

(Maybe I am wrong but that's what I heard)
    hi where do I find the site to trial Xiino? done searches and can't find. could please post web address etc. Many thanks I'd advance. BBKBAZ
    applause for xiino also from over here - dropped blazer from the beginning, love the images-options at xiino.

http://www.mobirus.com/eng/products/Xiino/
    cheers my good man. send me your tel number and we should catch up for that beer.
    cheers
    It's caching is the best, no need to wait to go back a page. From time to time accessing posts on the tc mobile site however, the browser can't read the page or brings up some server error, which never happens on blazer...anyone else experience that?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Any of you Xiino fans know how to back up the bookmarks? I lose mine every time I do a hard reset.
  8.    #8  
    is there a widescreen option in xiino? that is the one thing that is really not working for me. i'd really rather do a bit of scroling than be totally disoriented by the reformatting of sites.
    Anyway to delete Blazer?
    Quote Originally Posted by nchargreed
    Anyway to delete Blazer?
    Custom ROM will allow you to get rid of Blazer...

Anyone else on Sprint notice that if you load Xiino your picture SMS no longer works?
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyparanoid
    Custom ROM will allow you to get rid of Blazer...

Anyone else on Sprint notice that if you load Xiino your picture SMS no longer works?
    Thanks for the info about the ROM.

My picture SMS still works on the Sprint network.

K
    I too was impressed by xiino's speed, but the formatting is ugly, pages look 10x better in blazer.
    1 | 2
    Quote Originally Posted by MFizzel
    I too was impressed by xiino's speed, but the formatting is ugly, pages look 10x better in blazer.

AGREED!
    AGREED!
    ...and again....
    Okay, now how do I make Xiino my default browser? When I go to Preferences Xiino does not show up in the drop down menu of choices. Only "Web" shows up.

K
    Okay, now how do I make Xiino my default browser? When I go to Preferences Xiino does not show up in the drop down menu of choices. Only "Web" shows up.

K
    Haven't tested this myself, but:

http://mytreo.net/downloads/modules....etails/lid/264
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Thanks, doesn't have the best reviews, seems the 2 pieces of feedback, nobody could get it to work. I'll download and report back at my earliest convenience.

K

K

Is Xiino stored in your SD card only? Try copying it to RAM. Once it's in RAM you can also edit one of your favorite buttons as a shortcut.
    If you don't want to keep it in RAM then you will need to use Powerrun or Zlauncher to copy it to the card. You should then be able to chose it as a default as well as put it in your favorite.
    Not that another opinion on Xiino's looks is needed, but I also think it is dog ugly, and the lack of an easy-access URL bar was a pain. I tried to use it, but eventually went back to Blazer. Even though it is slower, I'll live with the speed difference - not to mention the reliability in rendering pages.

Now what I want to know is - has anyone either:

A) Hacked the cache mgmt function of Blazer (so it works like Xiino)
    B) Used a proxy with Blazer to speed it up (and if so, which proxy)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast