Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by GatorFan

Now what I want to know is - has anyone either:

A) Hacked the cache mgmt function of Blazer (so it works like Xiino)
    B) Used a proxy with Blazer to speed it up (and if so, which proxy)
    that was in fact, the original question asked (in less detail)
    Anyone have a problem getting links in Xiino to work? When I click on web links, I sometimes get a Javascript: Redirect error message.
    Quote Originally Posted by markinbright
    Any of you Xiino fans know how to back up the bookmarks? I lose mine every time I do a hard reset.
    Use Filez to set the backup flag on the Xiino bookmarks file.
    Using Xiino for the first time right now.....WOW!

I'm LOVING my Treo 650 at the moment....
    Actually it's been just great lately, no problems at all :-)
    I beamed blazer off of my 180...now that is fast...it too uses a proxy....problem is 2 proxys...
    hproxy.handspring.com
    and
    sproxy.handspring.com for secure connections.......
    now if the ols blazer just had the capabilty as the new....but for wml pages is the fastest
    Okay, why can I use Blazer to access my Bank account info, but Xiino won't even respond after I put in my account number and password and press "sign on"????

K
    Xiino is fast but basically unusable since pages are formatted horribly and illegibly.
    Quote Originally Posted by nchargreed
    Okay, why can I use Blazer to access my Bank account info, but Xiino won't even respond after I put in my account number and password and press "sign on"????

K
    Doesn't handle javascript very well from what I could tell, also could be an issue with SSL Support.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  9.    #29  
    can i set up a proxy server (at home or using my website) that i can then connect to faster than what blazer is connecting now?
    does xiino have the 2mb download limit link blazer or no...?
    I use Xiino for large pages
    Reqwireless Webviewer for pages with Javascript because Xiino doesn't support javascript well and webviewer has excellent javascript support. It's also proxy based and very fast but does have some ugly formatting like Xiino. It also doesn't draw tables, it shows the contents, but doesn't draw the table outlines. However, it works on almost every site, even banking sites, unlike Xiino.

Blazer as a last resort, or for smaller pages because it looks the best. Blazer also supports more web pages than the other two

Give Webviewer a try if you have Java installed on your Treo.
    http://www.reqwireless.com/download-webviewer-palm.html
    WebViewer is Java, so you must have Java installed.
    It also has a very small memory footprint (designed for cell phones.) Unfortunately Java has a huge footprint.
    Last edited by taylorh; 03/01/2005 at 07:37 PM.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12