1.    #1  
    Victor just emailed me the new program and it works on the treo 650 now!!!

I can't send post it due to being a paid program, but now Xlive friends works. You'll still need those two java files, but other than that no problems so far.

When do we form a Halo2 clan?

PS Splinter Cell 3 just 3 weeks away
    Last edited by darkfox3; 03/05/2005 at 10:55 AM. Reason: CHANGE IN PROGRAM
    Not sure I totall understand the question, you have what you need.
    Get Java from http://www.palmone.com/us/support/jvm/ which it sounds like you already have ("WebSphere Everyplace Micro Environment" posted Feb 9th.)
    Install it. You'll now have a Java entry in your preferences.
    Download and install the XBOX friend program (.prc) just like you would any normal palm .prc application.
    Run Xbox friends, and you're good to go.
    I was stoked to see this app, I've been looking for something like this. However, I can't seem to get it to work. I mean it works, but it just keeps saying "You must be logged in to your passport account to view your friends list."
    I know I have my user name and password correct, and I'm able to see my friends list on XBOX.com "My Live" http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Live/MyLive/default.htm, so I know the gamertag is linked properly.
    So what gives, I assume the XBOX friends list program is unable to log me in and I don't know why.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    cool app, any one play halo 2?
  4.    #4  
    My question was java sphere has like 20 different prc files and I wasn't sure which ones I needed to install. can you give me actual file names?
    I spoke with the software creator and he said he's working on the problem. halo2 and soon splinter cell 3 game tag is shieldwolf
    I did...to be honest I didn't like it overall as much as Halo 1...I just felt I was being rushed through it a bit, some of the levels though were amazing. What did you think ? Best games I played last year were Chronicles of Riddick and Thief Deadly Shadows.
    I had a lot of fun with Halo 2 but after going through the game on legendary I have yet to touch it again. It seems that it was only good for a fling.

Lately, I've been playing Tom Clancy games, mostly ghost recon right now. I seem to enjoy replaying levels on that game more than any other.

I would love to see more games support mass co-op, even if it makes the game too easy. Because I swear there is nothing more fun than havinga bunch of friends over bsing while playing some games. Co-op is a must since I hate dealing with the sore losers
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by ultrasonoman
    cool app, any one play halo 2?
    I love Halo 2, that's about all I ever play these days (XBOX Live multiplayer.) Like everyone else I too had a hard time accepting the changes from Halo 1 to 2 into my life, but after months of playing I have to say I'm completely addicted and Halo 1 is a distant memory to me now. I play every evening I can (usually about once every 3 days.)
    Gamertag is: Biohazird
    Anyone, feel free to send me an friend invite. I'm usually playing Big Team or Team Skirmish
    Last edited by taylorh; 02/28/2005 at 05:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkfox3
    My question was java sphere has like 20 different prc files and I wasn't sure which ones I needed to install. can you give me actual file names?
    I spoke with the software creator and he said he's working on the problem. halo2 and soon splinter cell 3 game tag is shieldwolf
    Ah, I understand what you're asking.
    WEME571.zip, when unzipped, is a whole boat load of files.
    If you unzip it and find the file Install.txt, open it, you'll see a paragraph titled "Windows Installation Instructions"
    In summary, it says to install the following files:
    J9JavaVMMidp20.prc (This is the Java Install.)
    JavaVMCheck_enUS.prc (I have no idea what this actually is.)
    They are located in the WEME571JVM\JVM\ARM4T directory.

When you install J9JavaVMMidp20.prc, it will explode into about 10 or so files totalling almost 2MB. Unfortunately, none of them can be moved to the card, they have to stay in RAM (except for 'IBM Java VM.prc' but it's only 8k, so don't bother.) I unwittingly ran it without the JavaVMCheck_enUS.prc file installed, so I don't think it's really needed. But it's only 1k, so you save nothing by not installing it.

You would think they could make the install process a little more straightforward. Let me know if you have trouble.

It sucks that Java takes a full 2MB of our precious Treo 650 memory. In the end, though, there are a few cool JAVA programs I want to run (like this one) so I have to sacrifice something else to save space.

I'm looking forward to seeing this XBOX live friends list program fixed. I've wanted a way to check my list from my Treo.
    Last edited by taylorh; 02/28/2005 at 05:10 PM.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    gt: bangin your M0M (the "0" in mom is the number zero)

we should make a treo clan.
    one word comes to mind: creepy
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    I love Halo 2, that's about all I ever play these days (XBOX Live multiplayer.) Like everyone else I too had a hard time accepting the changes from Halo 1 to 2 into my life, but after months of playing I have to say I'm completely addicted and Halo 1 is a distant memory to me now. I play every evening I can (usually about once every 3 days.)
    Gamertag is: Biohazird
    Anyone, feel free to send me an friend invite. I'm usually playing Big Team or Team Skirmish
    Ah, so nice to see other H2 players on here. As for me, LOVE IT. I don't think I can get enough of it (on Live, that is). I played through the campaign once and that was it...in my opinion, the game's for Live not for the campaign.

Anyways, there's a great forum site created by mature adults who still like frag other mature people - you guys should check it out: www.seasonedgamers.com

My GT: Koo. But, I haven't been online in a while (a very long story of how I'm stuck with a crappy ISP - average 200kbps but will be back online once I buy my condo and get Comcast.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650 | T-Mobile
    Received: 2/10/2005
  12.    #12  
    Check the Top Post for Update!

I can't send post it due to being a paid program, but now Xlive friends works. You'll still need those two java files, but other than that no problems so far.

Then how the hell do I get it? You got it from the developer, but if I can't buy it yet, then how do I get it? I want to/will pay for it.
    In any case, great news that it works now. I did figure out how to see my live friends lisy by bookmarking a URL directly to bungie.net, but this program would be much better.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    Then how the hell do I get it? You got it from the developer, but if I can't buy it yet, then how do I get it? I want to/will pay for it.
    In any case, great news that it works now. I did figure out how to see my live friends lisy by bookmarking a URL directly to bungie.net, but this program would be much better.
    You can buy it now at handango I beleive.

I sent him an email about some things i would like to see updated. Alarms possible messaging multiple accounts etc..
    Well I went to Handango and paid for it. Seeing as it was updated on 3/4/05, I figured maybe it was the updated version. Oddly, however, it still says it's version 1.0. It still doesn't work, this time it's a different error message that basically just says my user name or passoword is incorrect.
    I guess I'll have to contact him and ask him for the latest.

Thanks for the update by the way, I've been waiting for something like this for a while.

SC 3 looks great i played the demo and it is the best looking xbox game iv seen.
    ANY one going To E3 2005 ?
  17.    #17  
    only if you can get me in
    Update: So I contacted Victor (developer) and he confirmed that the 3/4/05 version on Handango is the latest.
    I gave him my Passport login/pw and he was able to troubleshoot it. The problem was due to my userID being a non-MSN/Hotmail user ID (it's just my normal email address.) Appearently there is a slight difference in the log-in which was causing the problem.
    He sent me a new version which now works.

I'm stoked, I really like this program. Such a simple little 'tool' and I anticipate I'll get quite a bit of use out of it. Bookmark the right page in Xiino to the "my XBOX Live" page or to your friends list on bungie.net will accomplish the same goal, but this is just a little more convenient.

I'll try to remember to send you guys friend invites the next time I'm on Halo 2.
    Last edited by taylorh; 03/07/2005 at 04:42 PM.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    i cant some one send my a link to this app, i cant seem to find anywhere
    Go to Handango
    Search on 'XLive' as it's called 'XLive Friends'
    http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...t%5B1%5D_title
    Treo 750 (AT&T)