Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    everytime i use it it locks up the usb port and makes me HARD restart my treo 650 just to allow me to hotsync (otherwise it says the port is "busy")really annoying anyone else encounter this?
    Are you using Card Export II? That version has worked really well on my 650.
  3.    #3  
    yup using card export 2 funny thing is it worked great on my 600 any ideas?
    Since it works great for me and apparently many others here my only guess is that it is conflicting with something else you got installed..

Now list ALL apps you have installed :-)
    The problem may also be on your PC end as well. I have had USB and bluetooth port conflicts with Hotsync, PDAnet, Card Export, all trying to use each others ports.

You may want to add a one or two more virtual ports. Or first trying exiting Hotsync before starting Card Export, and then restarting it when you're done.
    Chris

Evolution: PalmPilot > Palm Vx > Visor Prism > iPaq 3955 > iPaq 4155 > Treo 600 > Treo 650
    I too have been using Card Export II on my 650 and been working great.
  7.    #7  
    ok ive pretty much figured out it is a USB conflict problem...time to call dell
    Quote Originally Posted by clownracer
    ok ive pretty much figured out it is a USB conflict problem...time to call dell
    Have you tried plugging into a different USB port on your machine? I've had some devices not work in one port, only to work in another. Go figure. It may have something to do with built-in hubs vs. a non-hubbed (that CANNOT be a real word) port. I do not know and have put any energy into finding out.
    I have the same problem. But I can prove that it is not the computer at fault as my wife's Treo still sync's with the treo.

Did you resolve the problem Clownracer?

I really want to sort this out as Card Export II is a brilliant bit of software.
    Try a reinstall...delete the app and all its prefs, then do a soft reset then reinstall it. I've never had probs with Card Export, but I have with some other apps. Doing this fixed them...that is if the problem resides on the Treo and not on the PC.
    On the PC try uninstall the USB port from Device Mangler and then reboot...it should re-autodetect it. If not, you may have to download the USB drivers from the manufacturer. (If you have a Dell computer, these will be the chipset drivers.) And as always, reboot your Windows computer....
    The title of your thread attracted me instantly whereas I'm having similarly frustrating problems with my CEII and Treo600. I believe my main problem stems from my ancient desktop computer (Windows 98). I've been going back and forth with support, but so far no fixes. They tell me it should work with Windows 98 now but so far, not so much. Anyway, I will now pay close attention to this thread now that I'm subscribed.
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
    Yep, deleted per CEII directions and reinstalled. Everytime I attempt a connection from my Treo, my desktop freezes with the hourglass icon. Won't release unless I disconnect from the Treo. I've been through the pdf, tech support and the readme. Its got to be something on my desktop. Anyone have similar symptoms on CEII?
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
    Similar symptoms here with my 600 and Windows XP recently. Seemingly out of nowhere I started having the same problems as Beantown. Tried uninstalling per CEII direction and reinstalled as well, but still no luck -- Windows XP just hangs until I disconnect.

This happened to me once before a while back but the uninstall/reinstall method worked back then. No luck this time.
    Does anyone have this working with a Treo600 and Windoze 98?
    Update: Reformatting my SD card did the trick. I always back it up to the desktop so it wasn't a big deal to copy everything back to it.

My card is probably the problem (I actually don't even remember what brand it is -- definitely not one of the popular ones though). I'm guessing this because I have no issue with USB on different computers, using different devices, with fresh CEII installs, etc.
    Does Card Export II support BT connection?
    Not that I know of...
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Playcentric
    Does Card Export II support BT connection?

Try Blue files instead:

http://www.softick.com/bluefiles/

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    HELP!!!

I have a "Cannot Send USB descriptor. Host failure?" error when i connect to my PC.

It happened to me before and found a solution. It's happening again but the Softick forum is down.

Anyone having the same problem?
    I was using CardExport on my home desktop PC just yesterday and it worked fine. Today I tried to use it on my laptop and got exactly the same "Cannot send USB descriptor" error. I had success with it on this laptop before and don't know what's going on now. I tried the other USB port on the laptop and it didn't help. Can anyone provide some insights? Thanks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast