Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    So I infer from this that they have only upgraded PP for Outlook and have not upgraded PP for XP. Was there any further discussion that confirmed this?
    Hi everyone,

I have been using plan plus 2.0.99 for outlook since december and have had no problems with the 650. When I asked them in November if it worked with the 650 they said absolutely. I am not using it to its full potential but it works fine.

Yes, it still has all the A1 b2 for tasks and I like the plan plus home in outlook. Everything is drag and drop and very easy to use. I hope this helps.

miji
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by feathers
    BenJoeM: It looks like you're the man with the answers for me. What I really like about Franklin software (and I've been using the older FPS 7.something on an older Palm) is the task list function where I can prioritize A, B, C, and then rank within each category 1, 2, 3, etc. I also like being able to mark and move selected tasks as a group to another day, plus many other features about task management. Nothing else is all that impt to me. So does that work on the 650? Any diff on this btw 2.0 and 3.0? What abt btw PP for XP and PP for Outlook? Thanks.
    I can see there are two questions here so I will try and answer both. As far as the Task List, it is actually very similar to FPS 7.0. I am addings some screen shots so you can see what it looks like. You can create categories in Outlook and on your Handheld. You can prioritize them, and rank them. You can move them to any day. You can see there is a "move" button that will allow to move a task to a today(if it is over due), to tomorrow, one week, choose date or even move to your calander as an appointment.

As for the 650 and 2.0, I have yet to have a problem with my 650 and 2.0. I have worked with some of the guys in tech support, they are following a script and are told to tell you to just install it and try it out, and that is compatible. The only problem I have seen is that sometimes in the Task List it won't let you enter a new task automatically like you could with Graffiti, instead you need to push new/details and then enter the task name.

As for a difference in the models, Some of the Drivers are updated but as far as features for the Palm, their are none. In fact the one real new feature for 3.0, which is the project planning module, doesn't sync to your palm it just moves it all to a Master Task List. The XP version is good if you don't use Outlook. But there is not much difference between the two. I have copies of both and have installed both and I have seen no difference in the apps. Infact I don't think I ever deleted the Apps after installing 3.0 and it is still syncing with 2.0.

I willl be happy to double check with my connections on the 2.0 to 3.0 conversion, but I saw know real difference, luckly I didn't have to pay for my versions. 3.0 actually synced very slow with my handheld so I moved back to 2.0.

BenJoe
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Also,

They will tell you 2.0 is not available, that is a lie! In their tech support page you can do a search for 2.0 and you will need to do some searching but it can be found.

Here it is:

http://www.franklincovey.com/downloa...s202_Trial.exe

Please feel free to contact me with more questions.
  5.    #25  
    BenJoe and Miji: Thanks very much for the good info. I'm definitely going to move ahead and run the trial versions.

BenJoe: If you don't mind, I'd like to PM you with some additional questions. I don't think enough people are interested in the topic to clog up the board with details about PlanPlus. Unless I hear otherwise, I'll PM you next week once my schedule lightens up. Thanks again.
    Hey, I see a lot more threads out there that could be classified as "clog" but this is useful for those who use the software. I am interested in more details on Plan Plus... they are pretty rare, even though the user base probably is also.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I know what you mean about "clogs" I really enjoy talking to people about software and hardware issues. I will be happy to talk to anyone by PM or even on this site. Thanks!

BenJoe
    I am getting duplicate tasks whenver I add a task from my Treo 650. Does anyone else have this problems and/or know of a fix ? Last response I got back from technical support was to uninstall and reinstall. I've been through that route and it has backfired more than once on the franklin software.

They have such poor support for their software and unfortunately there is no substitute in the market for it.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    i've ended up using the Franklin Covey Outlook add-in on my pc, and the Palm Task app on my Treo. I just couldn't be a beta-tester any longer for FC.
    Quote Originally Posted by mtang64
    I am getting duplicate tasks whenver I add a task from my Treo 650. Does anyone else have this problems and/or know of a fix ? Last response I got back from technical support was to uninstall and reinstall. I've been through that route and it has backfired more than once on the franklin software.

They have such poor support for their software and unfortunately there is no substitute in the market for it.
    FC tech support's usual response has been uninstall and reinstall. And in the past, a total uninstall of FC was a pain(two pages of instructions-they didn't have an uninstall feature to totally remove the app. Perhaps this has changed)

I gave up on FC working on my Treo 600 last year and went back to Palm Desktop. I dumped them after using their app since 1993 as a stand alone. Then added it to my PalmPilot, Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism and then Treo 600.

Just my 2 cents.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by BenJoeM
    I am a PlanPlus freak, I worked for FranklinCovey for a few years and I still love it even though it doesn't do everything it should on the Treo.

I changed Option/Phone button for the Daily Notes so I could jump back and forth quick. The only problem is there is still no modules for Goals and compass etc. Stick with 2.0, 3.0 didn't have much of a change, infact it slowed my sync time way down! I ran some tech support for planplus for awhile so I will be happy to answer any questions. I have had PlanPlus since 1.0 and used it one every Palm I have had since the 505

I still think Franklin gives the best planning stuff, even if they are idiots with marketing.
    I currently use PlanPlus 2.0 on my Treo650. It blows "Agendus" out of the water...! NEVER a sync issue, backup issue or any bugs with PlanPlus and I am a heavy user of this program and rely on it every minute of every day. PlanPlus is not a BETA release like Agendus should be labeled.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoBeard
    Ok Ben, maybe you can clarify and this should answer feathers' question too. I just got off of a live chat session with a Franklin Covey tech support person. My question was: is the Treo 650 a supported device and are there any plans to update the Palm software?

His answer:
    Rusty: PlanPlus 2.0 software is an old and discontinued software. It is no longer available and it is not compatible with the new Hotsync Manager which comes with the Treo 650 handheld. The new handheld has a higher version of Palm OS. We have a new version of PlanPlus called PlanPlus for Outlook version 3.0.778 which is built to support the new Tungsten T5 and Treo 650 handhelds. What you need to do is upgrade your software to PlanPlus 3.0.778 using the webpage I am sending below.

I then went on to ask:
    Carey: So, do you know if the Palm apps are updated of if this just updates the desktop conduits and Outlook plug-ins?
    Rusty: Yes the applications do upgrade.

I was under the assumption that you mentioned in your previous response, that just a few things were updated in 3.0 and the Palm apps were the same.
    I use PlanPlus 2.0 everday. NEVER a problem with my Treo 650. Be careful of over Zealous commission driven saleman...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12