Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Here is a case different from the rest .Pouch case with flip cover and space for credit cards . You need not carry your wallet .
    Anyone seen this before?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...754449265&rd=1
    Last edited by Mtreosexual; 02/28/2005 at 12:45 PM.
    nope, havent run across that one...nice find
    Depending in the number of cards it can hold, this might be THE case for me for work.

I will post a review once I get it. I am also VERY interested in the fact that it can stay horizontal too AND has a clip type that I like- not the over extened swivel type.

By the way, if you go to the Ebay store for this guy, you can buy it cheaper and faster. I ordered mine for 18.90 including shipping!

This case almost looks like a Treo owner actually designed it based on common needs.

Good thing I held off pressing the trigger on the Krussell Classic with the cutout type case this morning
    I have detailed files.
    Ya want room for cards, money, keys and things ?

http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/grinder...mp-review.html

though there web site is gone, many vendors are still carrying.
    I don't think the two compare. Once a professional carrying case in genuine leather (?), and the other is a hefty nylon case. It is almost a dig cam type case.

I DID see a case of the above type that came close to being usable and was available in Walmart type places and Compusa pretty cheap. I can't remember the name - Nitize or Niteeaze or something like that... will post if I can find it.
    I have detailed files.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=70832

It was little bit too tight for my preference, and only vertical type but boy, it came close to getting the job done
    I have detailed files.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treominator
    Depending in the number of cards it can hold, this might be THE case for me for work.

I will post a review once I get it. I am also VERY interested in the fact that it can stay horizontal too AND has a clip type that I like- not the over extened swivel type.

By the way, if you go to the Ebay store for this guy, you can buy it cheaper and faster. I ordered mine for 18.90 including shipping!

This case almost looks like a Treo owner actually designed it based on common needs.

Good thing I held off pressing the trigger on the Krussell Classic with the cutout type case this morning

Ordered mine today , before i posted the thread .
    I think i will be able to get rid of my wallet with this case. Great, one less load to carry.
    I already bought the krussell ,modified it and removed the clip . even though it 's slim case. I felt my Treo was tied down and keyboard was getting little annoying .
    I put on egrips ( a must for treo).
    I think with a good screen protector and this case, i am good to go, and will stop hunting for cases.
    That is it, for me............................
    Last edited by Mtreosexual; 02/27/2005 at 11:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    That is it, for me............................
    I hear you
    I have detailed files.
    Nice case, nice find.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treominator
    I don't think the two compare.
    Wasn't intended to be comparable....merely offer another alternative for those looking for what is not already on the board. I think there's enough case threads already and the title seemed to apply aptly enough
  11.    #11  
    Wow!
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...754449265&rd=1
    7 bids at 19.00 bucks.
    Why would you do so ?
    Hmm.. an impulsive buyer...
    Checking the store, would have helped save 5 bucks !
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    Interesting case. I wish he would ship to Canada.
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
    Mtreosexual/Treominator

Let me know how you like the MOBO case.
    also can you tell me if the clip is removable?
    also the MOBO Verticalic Monaco Case on the same website looks very nice... amost identical to the Gizmo Skin.

clancyCJF
    Please post a review, for $19 it's a great extra case.
  15.    #15  
    As far as the clip is concerned. It seems you can remove it with taking out the small leather patch by cutting the stitching .I did the same with my Krussell case.
    Monaco case is nice for 9.99 +shipping.
    Will post review whosoever get 's it first.
    Got this case today, thanks for the lead....

For the money, fine case. The clip rotates freely for Vertical or horizontal belt-clip action, it looks like it can be removed the way Mtreo described...removing the stitching... I will prbably do this. I'm not big on belt-clips... might as well have a fanny pack.

I like the wallet feature, isn't gonna hold much though, coupla cards, an ID... I'll probably stretch that baby out nicely stuffing crap in there.

Don't expect leather (at this price), just some petro smelling stuff that looks like leather from a diiiiiiiiiiiiistance.

Don't know how long it will last... doesn't look like a long time.... but I'll give it a good breakin' in.

Like the concealed magentic closure...and it fits in my back pocket like a.... big wallet.

All in all... good case GREAT price....

Waitin' for other $.02's
  17.    #17  
    Hmm..
    That was quick..., still waiting for mine.
    I think the seller is in CA. That's why ?
    Thanks for info.
    I like the wallet feature. I am in scrubs mostly and is useful to have minimal belongings.
    4 cards , stertched to may be 5 -6, isn't bad. I do n't plan to remove clips on this one.
    It 's not as classy as vaja , but you can buy 6 of these for the price of one vaja.
    Other companies should look into making something like this more upscale.
    Does the belt clip lock in place to be used horizontally?
  19.    #19  
    Received my case today .
    Everything true , what Jeffhaus eluded to.
    The case does smell like, it was dipped in some petrochemical.
    Needs lot of stretching .. so i stuffed in my TV remote inside the case to stretch it . It works .
    Stitching and cuts are average.
    Clip stays in vertical and horizontal position. Small metal logo on the clip gives it a cheapo look, will get rid of it soon.
    Magnetic Flap works great and the logo in front is more classy.
    I was able to squeeze in 4 cards and a 20 dollar bill. I believe with stretching it will accomodate 1 or 2 more.
    With cards the bulk increases ...
    Overall not a bad deal for the money.
    Now if Vaja makes something like this with space for few more cards. I will not hesitate to spend 150 bucks !
    The Review:

Design: B+ (the wallet idea is a sorely needed tweak for cases)
    Leather Quality: C+ (got that strange smell....will see how it handles stains/daily use)
    Bulk: B- (the more cards the more bulkier/unstable on the belt)
    Functionality:C+ (not enough credit cards allowed I use the pockets for extra SD cards for PocketDVD burnt movies )
    Price:A- (18 bucks delivered in 2 days!)
    Clip:A- (Stays put like it should on both postions and close to the body)
    Latch A (Magnetic) : A- (no problems here)
    Latch B (velcro): C+ (pressure = number of cards = unstablity)

Improvements I would like to have seen:

Using a Button flap instead of Velcro
    - the wallet is where the clip is so the more you stuff in it the more pressure in the Velcro and the more unstable the case. For that reason a clickety clip is a must

An open pouch instead of credit card slots - they increase bulk - this venture of a case is already pushing limits of size with its versatility. (Kinda like the Apollo 13 movie - need to save every amp aka. mm in this design)

OVERALL GRADE: B-

PROS- Price (if bought via ebay)
    Design (Wallet feature is good for a credit card or three)
    (Horizontal/Vertical both work)
    Clip is close to the body

CONS - Cheap "smelling" leather - need time to get true picture. Looks very professional out of box
    Velcro snap - should have had button snap for stability
    Wallet Size - Not enough room for many cards

OPINION - NOT BAD FOR AN EXTRA CASE AND DRIV. LIC + CC (or SD Cards)
    GREAT OPTION FOR PEOPLE DESIRING POUCH TYPE CASES.
    I have detailed files.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast