1.    #1  
    I heard some rumblings aout this on the net but cannot figure out how to get this for my Treo 650. I had the opportunity to compare my Treo 650 to a Blackberry 7290 and the Treo won hands down. The only ting I wish was I could get my corp. e-mail puched out to me. I cannot configure versamail to work with anything other then my home e-mail.

Do any of you know if Blackberry Connect will be made available and how to get it? I am on ATTWS/Cingular

Thanks!
    I dont think its available yet. However if you are on at&t/cingular you can use xpressmail which works quite well if you are able to leave your computer running all of the time.
    Treoseur
    Or you can check out ChatterEmail. www.chatteremail.com Works like a champ and gives you a Blackberry-like experience at least for email.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
  4.    #4  
    Anything I need to know about installing chattermail? This looks like a good push solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers
    Anything I need to know about installing chattermail? This looks like a good push solution.
    You need to make sure you have a POP mail account that supports IMAP and the "idle" command. That is what ChatterEmail uses to create the "push" mail experience. Chatter maintains a data connection open all the time, although there is not a lot of data transfer, and it monitors the IMAP mail server. Once an email comes into your inbox, Chatter is notified almost instantly through the IDLE feature and the email is sent directly to your Treo. I would highly recommend an unlimited data plan for this. Although the amount of data may not be large, and you can control what you get, having the data connection on all the time makes me a bit nervous. The developer is currently refining some features like sleep hours which will help with that. Also, you can defined your mailboxes as Offline boxes, and have them sync every X minutes like a more traditional mail client. I currently monitor 3 pop mailboxes and this program works great. It supports multiple SMTP profiles so you can send "from" a number of email addresses, and it supports attachments to/from the SD card (not the email itself).

You can download a 30 day trial version and try it out. Version 1.03 is due out by March 1st. Current version is 1.02. 1.03 will support SD card attachments.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Actually, I don't think you need to have a POP mail account. You just need to have a mail account that supports the IMAP protocol.
    Quote Originally Posted by illustreous
    Actually, I don't think you need to have a POP mail account. You just need to have a mail account that supports the IMAP protocol.
    POP and IMAP are two different protocols. You need an IMAP account that supports the IDLE command. POP doesn't support the IDLE command.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Well, my account supports both. You really need IMAP, but I am not sure if having POP capability is necessary or not. It does use SMTP profiles for outgoing mail, so that may require POP. A quick email to the developer ought to clear that up, or maybe someone that knows a lot more about mail protocols and Chatter than me.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    Well, my account supports both. You really need IMAP, but I am not sure if having POP capability is necessary or not. It does use SMTP profiles for outgoing mail, so that may require POP. A quick email to the developer ought to clear that up, or maybe someone that knows a lot more about mail protocols and Chatter than me.
    SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) has nothing to do with POP (Post Office Protocol). SMTP is the protocol used to send mail. It can be on the same server as a POP or IMAP (Internet Mail Application Protocol) account, or on a different server. Makes no difference. You use SMTP to send mail whether you are using a POP or IMAP account.

You need to know what the SMTP server is when you set up your SMTP profile in Chatter. If your e-mail service provider requires authentication to use their SMTP server, then you'll need to supply your user name and password.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Just to be clear - for "push" style email you need an IMAP account that supports the IDLE command. I also use Chatter with a non-IDLE IMAP accounts as well (eg Groupwise).

Chatter (currently? ) does not support the POP protocol. You will not be able to use Chatter directly with Yahoo!, Hotmail, Gmail and other POP mail accounts. However, there are some excellent ways around this by using an intermediate IMAP solution such as Fastmail!
    Quote Originally Posted by illustreous
    Just to be clear - for "push" style email you need an IMAP account that supports the IDLE command. I also use Chatter with a non-IDLE IMAP accounts as well (eg Groupwise).

Chatter (currently? ) does not support the POP protocol. You will not be able to use Chatter directly with Yahoo!, Hotmail, Gmail and other POP mail accounts. However, there are some excellent ways around this by using an intermediate IMAP solution such as Fastmail!
    Correct. I use Fastmail, myself. Fusemail is another solution I've read about.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint