1.    #1  
    I've used Chatter for several months and love it. Sorry for this dumb question.

I'd like Chatter to just vibrate once when new mail arrives in my "Inbox" but not other folders. I don't want any ringtones going off or screens flashing.

Chatter has so many possibilities that I just turned off all notifications since I couldn't figure this out.

Thanks for any help you all can give!!
    Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on any of this... Unfortunately, Chatter doesn't let you set custom notifications for each mailbox (yet!), other than just changing which tone to use. But for vibrations only, I believe there is a "workaround." I think you can do the following to get what you want, assuming you're running the most recent version, 1.0.3b14 (may be slightly different in older versions):

1. Go into Preferences (Pref menu) and choose Notifications. Make sure each of the checkboxes in the "Vib" column are checked, and all of the other checkboxes in the grid are unchecked. Tap Done, then OK.

2. Make sure your Inbox is selected and go into Edit Mailbox (Box menu). Tap on "Other," and put a checkmark next to "Custom Vibrate." Also put the number of pulses you'd like (sounds like you want only 1). Tap OK.

3. Repeat step 2 for all of your other mailboxes... make sure Custom Vibrate is checked but set the number of pulses to 0.

Please let me know if that worked!

Good luck,
    Jesse
    Last edited by jberman; 02/27/2005 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Clarification.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks! What you said worked like a charm.

I like getting just one good vibration!

I somehow managed to get this setting on my Treo 600 a few months ago but then I changed things and gave up when I upgraded to the fabulous 650.
    jberman - I'm not sure I would have thought of that...

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    jberman - I'm not sure I would have thought of that...
    Well, when you program in Microsoft Access for a living, you get pretty good at finding "creative workarounds."

Glad it worked.