1.    #1  
    A friend of mine said that the 650's AC charger is good for Europe and that all I have to do is put adaptor plugs on it. I looked at the plug and it reads Input: 100-240V-50/60Hz. Will I need a "Foreign Travel AC Converter" like the ones they sell at Radio Shack also?
    No, you do not need a converter because Europe runs around 220V, although you will need an adapter to fit the plugs in Europe. Western Europe (except for the UK) uses the two round prongs, and the UK uses the massive three prong monster. The travel charger kit from PalmOne has all the adapters, and probably costs about what you would pay for an adapter kit.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by orangemarlin
    No, you do not need a converter because Europe runs around 220V, although you will need an adapter to fit the plugs in Europe. Western Europe (except for the UK) uses the two round prongs, and the UK uses the massive three prong monster. The travel charger kit from PalmOne has all the adapters, and probably costs about what you would pay for an adapter kit.
    I am confused because the PalmOne travel charger appears to be the same type of AC plug that I have now that reads 100-240V. All that they are providing is adapter plugs for the various countries.
    That is correct. You can buy plain adapters and use your current charger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabricguy
    A friend of mine said that the 650's AC charger is good for Europe and that all I have to do is put adaptor plugs on it. I looked at the plug and it reads Input: 100-240V-50/60Hz. Will I need a "Foreign Travel AC Converter" like the ones they sell at Radio Shack also?
    If you're traveling with a laptop, give some consideration to buying one of the combination HotSync/Charger cords that are available for sale at TreoCentral and elsewhere. These work very well and cut the need for a separate transformer brick and cord and HotSync cable to one retractable cable that is much smaller and lighter. I haven't traveled with my PDA charger since these appeared on the market.