1.    #1  
    I think I'm going to exchange my T650 tomorrow. What is the <safe> procedure for restoring everything to the new unit? If I sync it up, will it replace all of the OEM software (after reinstalling Docs To Go).

I have a few things on the SD card, so if I just put it in the new unit, all that should still be there, right?
    It should, but I would highly recommend spending $20 and getting BackupBuddyVFS Pro. You will be able to backup the contents of your Treo to your SD card, and even create checkpoints so you can have a backup before and after a major app install. You can have your Treo back in 30 seconds flat and don't even need a PC to do it.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
  3.    #3  
    Thank you for your response. Actually I didn't ask the question correctly. What I was referring to was my tasks, contacts, and DocsToGo documents. . . I assume that is what you meant.
    Yes, those files are kept on your PC and should be restored along with your apps when you do a hotsync. A backup utility is more thorough and useful if you use applications that do not have a hotsync conduit, but if you are using a standard PIM (or Outlook) and DocsToGo, it should be OK. Do you have DocsToGo installed in RAM or on the SD Card? I think it should work either way, but hotsync wont backup or restore anything on the SD card. Files on the SD card should be fine since you are keeping your card and moving it to the new phone.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!