Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    I want to get rid of this app but don't see them on Shadowmites list...can I remove them? What are the file names? Thank you!
    Hi everybody

After having built my first custom ROM some days ago, I really suck in every information I can get about it from any forums I find. A lot of information there, but spread in too much a jungle of different posts and forums.
    I'm trying to build up some "complete" list about ROM-working apps to post it continually for everybody. I even would take the job to update it regularly.
    If anybody would be interested in my idea of collecting all this information in a central location, just tell me following (by posting or mailing to mcyoda@gmx.net):
    - kind of Treo 650 (Sprint, GSM, Verizon, ... whatever)
    - your Treo 650 firmware
    - your working (or NOT working as well) ROM Apps (which version, with any dependencies to maybe other apps or other necessary conditions to get it running)
    - maybe the link to the file (for freeware files like FAT32.prc etc.)

I know: there are about a dozen lists around, but some are not updated anymore and don't show the community's current know-how.

So if interested, do as told above, if not, then just let it be... But contributing to the community will help all of as to get a step ahead...

McYoda
    Last edited by McYoda; 03/28/2006 at 05:17 AM.
    If you are going to do this I would start with this list. It is only a month or so since last edit.
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showp...1&postcount=75

When Customizing it really is better to just strip out as much as possible and leave it that way. The only apps I put back in ROM are apps that pass these two tests.
    1- Would be locked into dbcache anyway. (Meaning always there)
    2- Make my Treo as stable or more stable running from ROM.

You are not really saving "RAM" by putting apps into ROM, but there are a few threads already discussing this.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    If you are going to do this I would start with this list. It is only a month or so since last edit.

When Customizing it really is better to just strip out as much as possible and leave it that way. The only apps I put back in ROM are apps that pass these two tests.

You are not really saving "RAM" by putting apps into ROM, but there are a few threads already discussing this.
    James or anyone - I'm trying to nuke Xpress mail and I can't find it on shadowmites list...I've gotten rid of versa and multi mail but Xpress mail still there...anyone know what those file names are?

Thanks again...Snapper is running great / faster in ROM, machine in all is faster with everything. I ended up putting blazer back in but don't care for it...Where can I get this "Fast blazer" from and which files do I really need to make blazer better? I ended up putting all 5 or 6 back in there just in case.
    Thanks!
    Jeff
    Did you remove the get_mail and Get_good? I haven't messed with the Cingular a whole lot but I remember removing those two.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by J-Ho
    I want to get rid of this app but don't see them on Shadowmites list...can I remove them? What are the file names? Thank you!
    GetMail.prc is the files to remove.

Here is something that might help:
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showp...5&postcount=40
    Just call me Berd.
    GetMail.prc is the files to remove.
    Cool thank you!

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    Thanks! I had not seen that one (there is SO much info and SO many pages to read)

What about Fast Blazer? What do I need?
    Also is there anyway to change the graphic on the splash screen "Hello" and "Goodbye" with the cingular logo? Just curious...
    Also is there anyway to change the graphic on the splash screen "Hello" and "Goodbye" with the cingular logo? Just curious...
    There are overlays available @ www.shadowmite.com
    Just call me Berd.
    Thanks! I had not seen that one (there is SO much info and SO many pages to read)

What about Fast Blazer? What do I need?
    If you read my post "Easy way" most if not all links to relevant threads are included.
    Yea, there is a lot to read, but Custom Romming is Serious Biz.
    Just call me Berd.

Hi James

Thanks for the info. I already collected all these lists I could find in TreoCentral forums. I'm also aware of the DBCache fact while putting apps into ROM (thanks to the community for all these information around).

My strategy is to put apps into the ROM which I would never miss whatsoever happens with my palm (battery drain, necessary hard reset etc.). Yes I know, you could do this with backup solutions as well. Most of them are quite small tools (as far as filesize is concerned) like Graffity Anywhere, Butler and such...
    I think it's really all about finding a good balance between putting some apps to ROM and enhancing the DBCache size. Every user shall choose himself...

Again, if anybody is interested in such a list, I try to keep it up to date with the communities help. As soon as I have the first list nicely layouted and finished, I will publish it in the TreoCentral forum.

Greets
    McYoda
    I scrwed up... please help
    made a rom and all was ok. treo was working fine with the new rom. than i wanted to do more modification and now the treo is in a continious loop mode.
    I tried to remodify the rom and load it through the sd card as i did several times before, but the card does not pick up. the best that i can get is hard reset and than go to the select language than press english than it goes in loop again. I also tried to install the official rom, but that also did not come through as part of the process i should sync, and obviously it did not sync as the treo is in an eather loop mode or language selection screen, so the installer is also stuck at step one
    Any advise would help.
    Thanks
    can you get to the bootloader screen (rainbow)?
    Please take this concern to the RomTool thread, you'll get more help over there.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluevoice
    I finaly built my own custom ROM. One of my goals was replacing the Real Player with Pocket Tunes.

For Pocket Tunes I used the files from the LifeDrive ROM (as they are much smaller files than the version 3.1.1 which also works but won't fit the ROM after deleting the Real Player Files):

- PocketTunes.prc (391 kb)
    - PocketTunes_enUS.prc (34.3kb)
    - palmOne_Skin.pdb (165kb) - (cannot be copied directly from LD ROM with FileZ - you can use POSE or ROM Backup from Brayder to extract the file)

This is the "bundle" version 3.0.9. Putting the palmOne_Skin.pdb in ROM brings you into a continuous reset loop. Removing the file from ROM makes the whole thing work, you only get a "one time" error saying "Error:could not load the specified skin", (logical as I omitted the file) and the program displays the "Built-in Skin". If you place the skin in RAM before starting PTunes for the first time, you won't even get this message.

The question is: why does the skin work in the ROM of the LifeDrive or PalmTX but causes a reset loop when placed in the ROM of the Treo 650?

Second question is, how do they fixed this matter as I saw that the Treo 700p will have Pocket Tunes in ROM and I presume will have a preloaded skin. Take a look at the Sprint folder, lower left corner of the screen.
    Hi BlueVoice

Where could I find a LifeDrive ROM. I tried with the LifeDrive Updater 2.0 from the palmone homepage, but could get to the files (even after extracting the exe-file).
    Anybody has a LifeDrive ROM around? Please post a download link!
    Or at least all these PocketTunes files?

Thanks
    Greets
    McYoda
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Pilot Professional -> HandEra TRG Pro -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 650 GSM Unlocked -> Treo 680 GSM Unlocked
    May the force be with you and your Treo
    Ptunes version 3.1.1 will also run fine from ROM.

Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    Just loaded TextPlus.prc version 5.8 in ROM and it works fine. I had a previous version 5.6 in ROM but accessing the application caused a reset.
    Did anyone try the new Pocket Tunes v3.1.5 in the Treo ROM?
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    has anyone got smartlist to go working in ROM...?
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast