Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    @ berdinkerdickle
    I like the way you changed your posting #75.
    I have not only Filez (6.8.3), filepc2pda, MVoice (4.2), SlovoEd (4.13), SplashID (3.32 with the language-file SplashID_deDE.PRC), the (ZLauncher "missing icons") Treo650.prc and the ZLauncher theme ZLT_ZoopieFixed_OS5_64K.prc running in ROM without resets now (for 3 days), but also PalmaryClock Screensaver (2.01) (for 2 days).
    Quote Originally Posted by AnteL0pe
    The less in ROM the more DBCache you have.

Is this true AnteL0pe? You can increase the DBCache size of the Treo 650 by adding less to a custom ROM? If so, this is really big news since the small size of the current DBCache is the cause of so many resets.
    Quote Originally Posted by conum
    @ berdinkerdickle
    I like the way you changed your posting #75.
    I have not only Filez (6.8.3), filepc2pda, MVoice (4.2), SlovoEd (4.13), SplashID (3.32 with the language-file SplashID_deDE.PRC), the (ZLauncher "missing icons") Treo650.prc and the ZLauncher theme ZLT_ZoopieFixed_OS5_64K.prc running in ROM without resets now (for 3 days), but also PalmaryClock Screensaver (2.01) (for 2 days).
    Conum,
    May I ask,
    What FW are you using, 120 ENA, w/ Fat32?
    I'm in the process of Updating the list to clarify those that work w/ENA,Fat32.
    Thanks
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by antmelnat

Is this true AnteL0pe? You can increase the DBCache size of the Treo 650 by adding less to a custom ROM? If so, this is really big news since the small size of the current DBCache is the cause of so many resets.
    This is true
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    What FW are you using, 120 ENA, w/ Fat32?
    I updated the original palm 1.20-ENA and then I performed an update with one of the custom roms ("1.20ENA_Full_Mod" and removed all languages but two (EN / DE)). I am now on 1.20-ENA with FAT32, ENA-ENA-001, CarrierDB 255
    I updated the original palm 1.20-ENA and then I performed an update with one of the custom roms ("1.20ENA_Full_Mod" and removed all languages but two (EN / DE)). I am now on 1.20-ENA with FAT32, ENA-ENA-001, CarrierDB 255
    Thanks
    Just call me Berd.
    I know most folks are against RealOne Player so some might not really be interested in determining this. Real came out with an upgraded version of the app, which is 1.6.1 a long time ago. Since 1.6.0 was in ROM, you could never overwrite the older app and hence would have two versions of the same program loaded on a Palm. Just wondering if anyone could test this out to see if it would work. Can't see why it wouldn't, but I've seen stranger things about computers and glitches where I can't rule something out without seeing actual proof.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    From my experience...

TreoGuard does NOT work in ROM without affecting the messaging app. I wasn't able to actually write any letters or lookup contacts.

I also experienced issues when installing RescoExplorer and RescoLocker together. I now only have RescoExplorer in ROM.

I have also experienced issues with BackupMan.

All I have installed in ROM now is:

AlwaysOn
    Uninstall Manager V2.79
    SnapCalc
    RescoExplorer

And I have about 9.4MB NVFS.
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
  9. aph
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Anyone try the Java environment and KMaps?
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    @ berdinkerdickle
    Although on the #75 in this thread there is a line at the bottom as:
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle : 02/15/2006 at 10:19 PM.
    if I call this posting direkt, there's no sign, when you last edited this posting :-(
    @ berdinkerdickle
    Although on the #75 in this thread there is a line at the bottom as:

if I call this posting direkt, there's no sign, when you last edited this posting :-(
    I know.
    I don't like that either.
    Once I asked James if he could put a revision date at Top of his ROM page, and he said it was at the bottom. I thought hmm.. because it wasn't there for me.
    Thanks, I will put a Rev. Date at the top pg. and change it only when I make a significant change.
    Just call me Berd.
    Berdinkerdickle ....

while i don't want to duplicate posts, i thought that there is some info Here that you and some of those doing customs might like to know ... it is quite relevant to "what apps work in ROM" ... i have summarized it below for you ....

BD1 initially said ...
    My earlier problems were caused by trying to load ereader pro. It doesn't work and causes reset loop.
    aussietanker said in reply ...
    i think that this is probably correct ,... i use eReader pro a lot .... but have had major problems getting it into ROM .... first time it just didn't show up on the applications list ... second time it bricked my treo ....

fortunately with the help of TEM and Shadowmite and others on this forum i was able to (eventually) use shadowmites rom restore tool to get it working ok ... not a fun experience tho' ... but a special thanks to all those that helped get my treo back up and running ...

yet others report that they have successfully placed it in rom .... whish i could ... cause i relly use it a lot ...

wish i knew why it didn't work for me ..
    i am really puzzled why some of us seem able to get some apps ...ie eReader into ROM, yet others seem to have absolutely know trouble with exactly the same app ...

so if you are thinking of putting eReader in ROM .... be carefull ... and read up on the shadowmite restore tool first ...

regards
    FWIW, I loaded Opera Mini into a custom ROM and got the WSOD (White Screen Of Death) after I reset. I removed it from the ROM and now my phone works fine. The ROM update tool said my ROM wasn't too large, even with Opera Mini. Anyone get Opera Mini to work in ROM?
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    I also loaded Palm Bible+ (open source Bible reader) into ROM, and it works fine. The file name is PalmBible_.PRC.

I also put PalmPDF.PRC in there. I get an error when it starts, bit it works fine after that.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Quote Originally Posted by aussietanker
    Berdinkerdickle ....

while i don't want to duplicate posts, i thought that there is some info Here that you and some of those doing customs might like to know ... it is quite relevant to "what apps work in ROM" ... i have summarized it below for you ....

BD1 initially said ...

aussietanker said in reply ...

i am really puzzled why some of us seem able to get some apps ...ie eReader into ROM, yet others seem to have absolutely know trouble with exactly the same app ...

so if you are thinking of putting eReader in ROM .... be carefull ... and read up on the shadowmite restore tool first ...

regards
    Thanks,
    I have been distracted for awhile w/ the new stuff going on.
    I plan on updating the list, and perhaps including specifics on certain things like; Fat32, ENA or APR, and also some results CDMA vs GSM, version #'s
    But depending on how things go in the next few weeks, and revised understanding in the workings of, DB Cache, NVFS, Usable RAM, some of this info make take a different direction.

For those using the afor mentioned List (Post# 75)
    Be sure read all preceding posts do be sure and have the Latest info for Apps.

Thanks Again to All who have contributed to this thread, and all others.
    Just call me Berd.
    Just looking at Tony's post reminded me of something.
    He gives specifics about what he has, which carrier, and fw/sw
    "Unlocked Cingular Treo 650, 1.71 firmware, 1.20 ENA software"
    This is a Good Practice. Not only does it help me w/ this list,
    But it will continue to become of even greater value, in regards to getting support from others.
    Just call me Berd.
    One more thing that I haven't seen mentioned. I am using the new ROM tool to update my ROM. It compresses the files, so if I put a 500k file in there, it actually takes up much less space. So theoretically, stuffing compressed programs into ROM will allow more total programs to be stored on the device, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    One more thing that I haven't seen mentioned. I am using the new ROM tool to update my ROM. It compresses the files, so if I put a 500k file in there, it actually takes up much less space. So theoretically, stuffing compressed programs into ROM will allow more total programs to be stored on the device, right?
    Could you do me a favor and ask something similar over at that tool thread.
    Get clarified if it is a good Idea to put stuff back in Rom.

Because recently I've been told not to put anything in Rom, So why in the Tool after you select the source ROM for upload do we get a so called "wasted" total.
    Is it wasted? are we supposed to strip it, and put nothing back in?
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    Could you do me a favor and ask something similar over at that tool thread.
    Get clarified if it is a good Idea to put stuff back in Rom.

Because recently I've been told not to put anything in Rom, So why in the Tool after you select the source ROM for upload do we get a so called "wasted" total.
    Is it wasted? are we supposed to strip it, and put nothing back in?
    I thought I'd post it here cause people were asking why to put files in ROM. . .

I'll ask it over there, also (where the other experts are posting).

I finaly built my own custom ROM. One of my goals was replacing the Real Player with Pocket Tunes.

For Pocket Tunes I used the files from the LifeDrive ROM (as they are much smaller files than the version 3.1.1 which also works but won't fit the ROM after deleting the Real Player Files):

- PocketTunes.prc (391 kb)
    - PocketTunes_enUS.prc (34.3kb)
    - palmOne_Skin.pdb (165kb) - (cannot be copied directly from LD ROM with FileZ - you can use POSE or ROM Backup from Brayder to extract the file)

This is the "bundle" version 3.0.9. Putting the palmOne_Skin.pdb in ROM brings you into a continuous reset loop. Removing the file from ROM makes the whole thing work, you only get a "one time" error saying "Error:could not load the specified skin", (logical as I omitted the file) and the program displays the "Built-in Skin". If you place the skin in RAM before starting PTunes for the first time, you won't even get this message.

The question is: why does the skin work in the ROM of the LifeDrive or PalmTX but causes a reset loop when placed in the ROM of the Treo 650?

Second question is, how do they fixed this matter as I saw that the Treo 700p will have Pocket Tunes in ROM and I presume will have a preloaded skin. Take a look at the Sprint folder, lower left corner of the screen.
    Last edited by bluevoice; 03/22/2006 at 03:31 AM.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast