Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    The Agendus .prc you mention is too big to but in ROM - at least for CDMA.
    This is just a breather.
    thank you treo....

i guess thats what i wanted to know ... nevermind ... it's disappointing ... but at least it gives me some direction ......

regards to all,
    aussietanker
    Thanks to recent posts,
    I'm updating the list:
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showp...1&postcount=75
    Thanks everyone.
    Just call me Berd.
    ok.... sorry ... it's me again

again i've searched and searched ... but can't find either of these two apps on the lists of apps that will or won't work in a custom rom .....

aeroplayer and textplus ... has anyone had any experience with putting either of these in a custom ROM ....

also can i confirm ... even tho' berdinerdickles list says to only put prc into the Rom ... in the case iof zlauncher you need to not only put the prc but at least one skin and one background (does the sound one go in ROM or RAM ?)

thanks all ... i think that i am getting closer

regards
    aussietanker
    At one point I did have Aeroplayer in ROM. It worked. I also have a ptunes skin that is a pdb in ROM. If you try any pdb in ROM it has to be one that no program can/will change.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    At one point I did have Aeroplayer in ROM. It worked. I also have a ptunes skin that is a pdb in ROM. If you try any pdb in ROM it has to be one that no program can/will change.
    That's an interesting point.
    I might make a note of that at the bottom of my List
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by aussietanker
    in the case iof zlauncher you need to not only put the prc but at least one skin and one background (does the sound one go in ROM or RAM ?)
    You can actually get away with just the .prc and a theme.
    thank you guys...

well i think i've got ut all sorted in my mind ...will give the variuos posts yet another read ... a bit of a dry run or two ..... and then ..... time to ....

just do it! .....

brings back the excitement of the old jackflash/sprat days .....

except then my Vx didn't cost me Au$ 1100 ...

thanks again for your help...

regards
    aussietanker
    Updated List:
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showp...1&postcount=75
    Thanks aussietanker
    Just call me Berd.
    hi all ... and greetings from sydney australia ...

thanks to everyone for contributing here ... the info has been very helpful in "designing" my own custom rom based on the basic one done by james gangut .... and i think cranium and shadow .....

you may be interested to know that i have very successfully included in my custom ROM both .....

aeroplayer (best to also include a skin other than the default one that comes with the app)

and ....

zlauncher (major problems getting it to load until i took the advice from another poster and included one zlauncher theme in the custom rom ) ....

.... i initially found some problems with both these apps at first ... but adding the extra skin for aeroplayer and theme for zlauncher solved the problem and saved me about 1.5 hours of fiddling the second time around .....

both now seem to work flawlessly .... altho i will probably remove aeroplayer as it doesn't do wav files ....

this may save some time and headaches for others .... altho i'm far from an expert ... just my 2 cents worth .....that's how it worked for me ..

regards all
    aussietanker
    Here are the apps that work perfectly in my custom ROM:

AeroPlayer (& plugins)
    DateBK5
    DiddleBug
    FieldPlus
    FileZ
    Keyring
    PetitLaunch
    SlovoEd
    Shortcuts.prc & Shortcuts_enUS.prc
    SoftReset
    Snap

I also have AlwaysOn in my ROM, but it does lose its settings after a reset.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    I got looping resets when I made a custom 1.20ENA ROM with eReader included. (And resets disappeared after removal.) I was also adding FileZ and HandzipperLite (they worked)
    Again folks, unless you absolutely need it after a hard reset youre better off not putting anything in ROM. The less in ROM the more DBCache you have. Even if there is an app you need after hard reset a decent backup app should solve this issue.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    @ berdinkerdickle
    Pockettunes 3.1.3 definitely doesn't work when placed im ROM. I had to rework another ROM. The same is with backupbuddyvfs 3.2.15. Again I had to reflash. I think you should try yourself before setting progs on the list. :-((
    Quote Originally Posted by conum
    @ berdinkerdickle
    Pockettunes 3.1.3 definitely doesn't work when placed im ROM. I had to rework another ROM. The same is with backupbuddyvfs 3.2.15. Again I had to reflash. I think you should try yourself before setting progs on the list. :-((
    Berd has version 3.1.1 Pocket tunes listed not 3.1.3. He only puts apps on the list that people have had success with, no way he can do it with all of them.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

FYI - if you use Agendus, you MUST leave ToDo.bprc and ToDo_enUS.oprc in the base ROM for the application to work correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by GatorFan
    FYI - if you use Agendus, you MUST leave ToDo.bprc and ToDo_enUS.oprc in the base ROM for the application to work correctly.
    Thanks,
    How might I reconcile this Post?:
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4
    The Agendus .prc you mention is too big to but in ROM - at least for CDMA.
    by Treo2die4
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    Thanks,
    How might I reconcile this Post?:

by Treo2die4
    I've chosen not to attempt placing Agendus in ROM - and I'm not even sure it would fit. I run it from RAM.