DA does NOT work in rom scary stuff
    backupman or backupbuddy?

thanks
    Korndog
    Verizon 700p
    Backupman works great.
    Quote Originally Posted by clownracer
    DA does NOT work in rom scary stuff
    And PDAReach does not work from the SD card. Loads and connects but does not control or track the Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by airjoe
    As Joebar stated, using a backup program will back up *everything* (provided it works, which is a different topic). I've restored over a hundred times with my T650, and all personalization is restored.
    Let me also add Backupman does not restore your pictures or media you have in the Pics&Videos. Remember to copy it to card first.
    Here is a list of programs I have purchased. Which ones would be the best candidates to add to a Customized vs. of Cutom Rom #3. I want to remove Voice Memo and Note Pad first and then add any you recommend below: I put an * next to the ones I'm thinking might be best.

Ultrasoft Money
    Docs to Go Premium Upgrade
    Pocket Tunes Deluxe
    My Bible Deluxe
    *Voice Dial (Paid)
    Mobile TS
    PdaNet
    VeriChat
    Bob's Alarm
    *Keyboard Lights Out
    *LED Off
    *BackupBuddyVFS
    *Uninstall Manager
    TreoGuard
    Directory Assistant
    PowerRun
    mSafe
    mVoice
    BugMe Notepad
    SplashID

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by scsanden; 03/05/2005 at 01:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    Hey, I can't make up my mind what I want in ROM, and I had Chatter in ROM for a couple weeks - that must counted for 50 updates alone!
    SCS:

I have heard that KB LightsOff and Uninstall Manager will work without problem.

Don't bother to put DTG in ROM. Go to DataViz's website and download the DataViz Tech Tool (http://support.dataviz.com/support.srch?docid=13105) which is on the middle of the page. It moves almost all components to the card (much more than could be moved to ROM). I got about 2 MBs back and I was only using the basic DTG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagger
    SCS:

I have heard that KB LightsOff and Uninstall Manager will work without problem.

Don't bother to put DTG in ROM. Go to DataViz's website and download the DataViz Tech Tool (http://support.dataviz.com/support.srch?docid=13105) which is on the middle of the page. It moves almost all components to the card (much more than could be moved to ROM). I got about 2 MBs back and I was only using the basic DTG.
    Thanks, I experienced the same. Seems to work great.

It's propbably in one of these threads somewhere but how much can be put in ROM? What is the size limit and how can you tell?
    Last edited by scsanden; 03/05/2005 at 08:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by airjoe
    Hey, I can't make up my mind what I want in ROM, and I had Chatter in ROM for a couple weeks - that must counted for 50 updates alone!
    Well it's a good testamonial for backup software
    Quote Originally Posted by scsanden
    Thanks, I experienced the same. Seems to work great.

It's propbably in one of these threads somewhere but how much can be put in ROM? What is the size limit and how can you tell?
    Think it's 8 megs... Best bet is to head over to Shadowmite.com before trying any homemade roms and read the message boards over there thoroughly. You dont wanna mess up.
  12.    #32  
    Think it's 8 megs... Best bet is to head over to Shadowmite.com before trying any homemade roms and read the message boards over there thoroughly. You dont wanna mess up.

i really cant stress that enough! go over there ask questions shadowmite is very helpfull
    Has anyone had experience/success with the following apps in a custom ROM:

VoiceDial***especially this one!
    TextPlus
    MyBible
    "Documents" (the DTG module left in internal memory by the DataViz Tech Tool)
    Have you tried Voice Dial?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagger
    Rumor has it that pTunes does not work in ROM (no personal experience, just passing info along the grapevine...)
    You are correct. I tried to add itto ROM and when I tried to run the program I would get a reset everytime. needless to say, I had to re-make the ROM minus Ptunes.
    -Cal
    When you build a ROM using his tool, it shows the available space.

I misread the size once and made one too big. Upon installing the ROM it halted and gave me an error. I moved a few programs out and re-built and problem was solved.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -Cal
    Thx Cal -- Would you mind posting a list of all the stuff you have in your custom ROM?
    Thx Cal -- Would you mind posting a list of all the stuff you have in your custom ROM?
    No prob...here is what I have on mine:

Snapper Mail
    Zlauncher
    DocsToGo
    LightWav
    TreoHelper
    LEDOff
    BackupMan
    Cleanup
    Colorize
    FileZ
    KBLightsOff
    PhoneTechnician

Shadowmites Rom #5 (Only voicepatch, DUN Patch, Voice memo, NO note pad)
    I tried to put Butler in, but was getting resets when clicking the "close" button.
    Last edited by Cal; 03/12/2005 at 04:13 PM.
    -Cal
    All of the above apps seem to be working fine in ROM
    -Cal
    cool, thx
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast