1.    #1  
    I was playing around with the phone options on my new Cingular 650 and noticed a category named "Phone Lock". When you click on it you are given the option to lock the SIM. It says "To lock your SIM, you will need to enter a Pin code provided by your mobile phone provider. The lock will take effect after you power cycle your phone."

There is also an advance tab that when opened is called "Advanced Treo Lock". There is a box that you can check titled "Enable Fixed Number".

Does this mean that I received an unlocked phone from Cingular, and can switch the SIM card without any unlocking code from them?
    Last edited by Fabricguy; 02/27/2005 at 03:48 PM. Reason: typo
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabricguy
    I was playing around with the phone options on my new Cingular 650 and noticed a category named "Phone Lock". When you click on it you are given the option to lock the SIM. It says "To lock your SIM, you will need to enter a Pin code provided by your mobile phone provider. The lock will take effect after you power cycle your phone."

There is also an advance tab that when opened is called "Advanced Treo Lock". There is a box that you can check titled "Enable Fixed Number".

Does this mean that I received an unlocked phone from Cingular, and can switch the SIM card without any unlocking code from them?

nope!

that phone lock is only to lock your sim card
    that's all
    sorry to break your heart
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by wolwol
    nope!

that phone lock is only to lock your sim card
    that's all
    sorry to break your heart
    I was hoping because the sales person at the Cingular store said that the 600's that they had sold were unlocked and he assumed that all of Cingular's quad band phones including the 650 were delivered to the stores the same way.
    The 600's from Cingular and most of there phones for that matter were never locked. They just started to lock them with the introduction of the 650.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by millerhifi
    The 600's from Cingular and most of there phones for that matter were never locked. They just started to lock them with the introduction of the 650.
    Is every 650 from Cingular being shipped locked?
    Yes.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Yes they are.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone