1.    #1  
    Sorry to post this on a Treo forum, but as a relatively new Mac user, I was not sure where else to go. I did try the Apple support forum to no avail.

My problem is that I seem to have lost the tactile feedback from my Powerbook G4's touchpad. The click is accepted by software, but I get no sensation that anything was clicked, only that I pressed hard on the button -- know what I mean? In any event, I imagine a piece of dirt might be stuck under the button but I was wondering if this a known failure of the touchpad...

Thanks for any help.
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    1800 Sos Appl
    Is it still in warranty or do you have Apple Care? Contact Apple hardware support directly or check with an Apple store.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the replies. Yes, I have applecare. Just wondered if this was a common failure that could be corrected by blowing out dust at high pressure. I think I will try that, too...
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Yeah, try that; but I have NEVER run into that problem with oh, four PowerBooks now… 5400c, 2400c, Titanium, 12" iBook, 15" Alu., 12" Alu. hey that's six! dang!

Never a problem. Call Apple, or go to an Authorized Service Center.
  6.    #6  
    Turns out it must have been dust underneath the button. A few short bursts of air and it was clicking again...

Thanks for the help.