Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    Ok, I'm starting a new thread in an attempt to get to the bottom of this problem. Something seriously weird is going on, and I'd like to solve this...

The basics:

- Unlocked GSM Treo 650
    - T-Mobile, full ($19.99) data plan
    - PDA Net 3.2
    - Google secondary sites (gmail, maps, etc.)

I can get to these sites just fine using Blazer on the treo (they don't exactly work, but I can still *get* there). Going through PDA Net on a Windows machine however, I cannot. (Using IE or Firefox). All other websites work fine.

Even more weird - I just discovered today that I also cannot POP my gmail through PDA net (using OE or Thunderbird), even though I can POP other accounts with no problem through PDA net, and I can POP gmail just fine on the treo via snappermail.

Something, somewhere, on some layer, is preventing PDA net from working with google sites.

So here's a question - for the folks out there using the built-in DUN (instead of PDA net) on T-mobile, can you get to gmail and google maps through the DUN connection? If so, there has to be an issue with PDA net. If not, then the issue is with T-mobile? And if that's the case, why? Why block only google sites only through DUN but not on the treo itself? Why block POP to gmail through DUN but nowhere else? It doesn't make any sense.

This is *amazingly* frustrating. I'm getting ready to do some travelling with a treo and laptop, and I can't use gmail or google maps on the laptop at all.
    What is the "built-in DUN" that you mention? Do you mean the T-mobile Internet service listed in Network?

Gives us some URLs. Maybe someone can test for you. I don't have the 19.99 plan.

You can also try JuneFabrics support. Good luck getting a useful answer from them.
    Treo knowledge base (FAQs)

Treo Hater's Club

Treo 600 (GSM)--> MDA Vario (HTC Wizard)
    I'm wondering if this issue may be related to how PDA Net handles javascript? Have you tried going to other javascript sites and see if they load/operate properly?
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    >Have you tried going to other javascript sites and see if they load/operate properly?

Yes I have, and they work fine. (Just FYI, PDA Net doesn't "handle" javascript - that's a different layer altogether. PDA Net is just a network transport.)
    Same problem here... except I don't use pdanet, I go via Bluetooth. All google sites are unreachable fron my laptop along with google mail. Everything is fine on Treo. I think it may have something to do with T-moble.

OK... I just tried it and it works!!! I went 3 months without google. let me know if you still have problems. Try http://www.google.com/pda

I did change some stuff with bluetooth. I also had pdanet before and it did not work