1.    #1  
    I'm usung my 650 with the HFL in my Acura TL... Installed the Palm CarKit patch and the two pair up fine.

Problem is, about 2/3rds of the time, when I initiate a call from the car and the Treo is turned off, I get a soft reset. If I turn the Treo on first, seems to work fine. And when I say on/off, I mean bring it out of standby, the radio is always on.

Anyone else with me? I guess the next step is to do a hard reset. I've already disabled all likely applications that may interfere with no luck.
    Did you ever resolve this problem? I have an 05 TL and am experiencing the same problem. I'm using the 1.12 firmware which has the car kit already builtin.
    Quote Originally Posted by dawarner
    I'm usung my 650 with the HFL in my Acura TL... Installed the Palm CarKit patch and the two pair up fine.

Problem is, about 2/3rds of the time, when I initiate a call from the car and the Treo is turned off, I get a soft reset. If I turn the Treo on first, seems to work fine. And when I say on/off, I mean bring it out of standby, the radio is always on.

Anyone else with me? I guess the next step is to do a hard reset. I've already disabled all likely applications that may interfere with no luck.
    It would be helpful to know carrier and exact firmware for comparison purposes, I assume this is Sprint. My wife's Verizon 650 with 1.01 works fine with our 05 TL. There are a lot of Treo posts on the Bluetooth 3G Acura TL forum http://tl.acurazine.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2. Predominant problem seems to be dropped first call, not the reset you describe. Try pairing a friend's phone with the car, and then try pairing your phone with a TL at the dealer to see if it is the phone or the car, some people have had to have their HFL units replaced on the car.
    Well i have Sprint and i have the 1.08 update. The only reason why i haven't upgraded to the 1.12 is because my hot sync isn't working for whatever reason. However, it sounds as if i don't need to bother with it if it's not going to work w/ it. I just picked up my 05 TL last night and as of now everything is fine EXCEPT for 1) When it's in use, it doesn't show battery indicator and signal strength. It has the icon for the signal strength but doesn't show what it is. 2) Once i get in and make a call, the first call won't connect but all calls from that point on will connect and sound is clear and awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyA
    Did you ever resolve this problem? I have an 05 TL and am experiencing the same problem. I'm using the 1.12 firmware which has the car kit already builtin.
    I have an 05MDX with HFL. I had the same problem but figured out the source. It was Butler. Whenever I would enable Alarm on Butler, it would cause my phone to reset when dialed from HFL. I hope that helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by choile
    I have an 05MDX with HFL. I had the same problem but figured out the source. It was Butler. Whenever I would enable Alarm on Butler, it would cause my phone to reset when dialed from HFL. I hope that helps.
    I'm not running Butler actually, but I got to playing with it some more and found that having discovery turned on in the bluetooth settings is causing most of the problem. Turning this off fixed my problem with making outgoing calls with the HFL, but when I use the HFL and hang up(using the hfl button near the steering wheel) my palm occasionally resets.
    Well, Ive narrowed this problem a bit further. A crash only occurs when hanging up using the HFL, but only when the other party hangs up first. If I initiate the disconnect(using the HFL) everything works just fine. Also, it seems like this does not happen if my treo is awake before I make the call.(I can initiate a call just fine from the HFL and disconnect while the treo is not awake)
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyA
    Well, Ive narrowed this problem a bit further. A crash only occurs when hanging up using the HFL, but only when the other party hangs up first. If I initiate the disconnect(using the HFL) everything works just fine. Also, it seems like this does not happen if my treo is awake before I make the call.(I can initiate a call just fine from the HFL and disconnect while the treo is not awake)
    I tried installing RLock and locking commonly used app dbs. That didnt make much of a difference. I'm also experiencing a long high pitch noise when trying to initiate a call(This also happens on my BT headset). The noise goes away once the call is connected. Anybody else experiencing this?(That started happening when I upgraded to 1.12)
    I was having the same problems as dawarner except that I was getting the resets whether my Treo was on or off. Installed the Resco lock program, moved a few files (Butler, Chatter were the ones that I was most suspicious of as causing the problem) and lo and behold, it works fantastically now. Thanks for the tip guys!
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    yes yes, I have the exact problems.
    Sprint 650 with 1.12.
    Just got my Acura TL and same exact problems... exactly !!

First call does not connect all after is fine...
    I also get the high pitch sound when making a call...
    and I also get a soft reset when initiating calls from the HFL.. not all the time though...

wow, I thought I was alone..

we need a solution ...
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    someone must have a solution.. the not connecting on first call isn't so bad...
    but the soft resets when dialing from HFL is bad...

hhhheeeeeelllllppppp please.....

the dialing from HFL is awesome and works great.. just need to fix the soft reset issue..
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    no one has any answers of suggestions??

come on, some of you out there with Acura's help lol....

please.
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*