1.    #1  
    What do you think about Palm SimCity? It's quite expensive ($30) but then again, it is the offical version.... and I like SimCity.

What scares me is that some people says they have no problems and love it, while other says it crashes their Palm OS device. I don't want to go out and buy a $30 piece of software just to find out it contiually crashes my Visor.
    http://store.yahoo.com/pilotgearsw/simcity.html
    imax:

Sorry I can't add anything to assist your purchase, but I am in the same boat as you.

I really want to purchase this game, but have seen a very mixed reaction in the reviews.

I'm hoping some people who have purchased this will provide some feedback.
    I went ahead and bought the game and it runs great on my Visor Deluxe. I was really frustrated with it until I figured out that you need to tap in the upper right corner of where you want to place a zone instead of the center of where you want it. Until I made that realization building my cities was pretty frustrating. Since then I've really enjoyed it. If you liked the original I'd recommend getting it.

-David
  4.    #4  
    Hey!

Well, I went ahead and bought it and it works great! No problems! (But David, you need to tap in the upper-left hand corner: not the right.)

My only complaints is that there's no undo (but that's the same with the computer version) and it won't let you see exactly where you are placing a zone. I still feel thats frusturating.

Otherwise, It's a great game!

iMaX - doncom@buyamac.com
    IMAX:

Is it really worth the money???
    I'm tempted to purchase it now that you have tried it, but I need a little more convincing

If your REALLY into the original simcity, then it is really cool. But I find it a pain to have to tap and drag to select a building function from the upper left corner. Instead of just clickign once on a palette. I have been playing Sim City 3000 lately, so classic just seems simplistic now. Then again, this is one you can play in your palm..
    I got the game as a gift. At first it's pretty good, takes a lot of my time, wasted a set of batteries in just 3 days. Then it just got old, you really don't collect much from taxes and they always want more road even though the whole area is nothing but roads.
  8.    #8  
    Originally posted by Billy:
    I got the game as a gift. At first it's pretty good, takes a lot of my time, wasted a set of batteries in just 3 days. Then it just got old, you really don't collect much from taxes and they always want more road even though the whole area is nothing but roads.
    I know what you mean, but try this. Open the title bar (where you can close the city and set prefrences) and go to the disasters menu. Then try to recover yourself. That kept me busy for hours!

iMaX -doncom@buyamac.com