1.    #1  
    Does anyone know how to associate a different email program besides Versamail to show up the New Mail message icon (envelope) on the Phone startup screen??

I have the options of Agendus Mail (which I prefer) and also SnapperMail (which I like but I can;t figure out how to add a Hotsync account)

Also, Agendus Mail lets me use the POP3 account to send/reply to my Hotsync Account which is AWESOME! So, I can sync my corp. mail and then respond at my leisure using bellsouth.net

I am not sure if Snapper/VersaMail lets you do above and as easily.

Well, I guess I had two questions,

a)envelope icon for Versa/Snappa
    b)hotsync email instr. for Versa/Snappa

Thanks in advance....
    I have detailed files.
    I've been wondering if this was possible with SnapperMail too. I have it set as the default e-mail client but it still doesn't work. It's definitely something I can live without out but it would be nice.
    Maybe you could check with Shadowmite?
    MRL-MO
    Quote Originally Posted by mlemke
    Maybe you could check with Shadowmite?
    I was going to say the same thing, but didn't want to pile on...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  5.    #5  
    Why don't you two go wash his car or something and make him feel better again?
    I have detailed files.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treominator
    Geez, after I just defended you in that now infamous thread...
    oh well.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    You can't do this yet as PalmOne hasn't made public the API for this. Maybe someday...
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Geez, after I just defended you in that now infamous thread...
    oh well.
    Well, you got to remember that the Treominator plays both a good and a bad guy....

And I just don't see how the concept of "freeware" keeps getting brought up. Shadowmite was rewarded handily by his own admi$$ion for the patch write up, so much so that he wanted them to reduce their contributions.

There are TONS of freeware out there that get good reviews and bad reviews all the time.
    I have detailed files.
    Shadowmite was rewarded handily by his own admi$$ion for the patch write up, so much so that he wanted them to reduce their contributions.
    For the record, he never asked for anything. In fact, when people first started talking about donating, he was against the idea.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Well, you got to remember that the Treominator plays both a good and a bad guy....
    Well, whether you deserve it or not, there will be people who will think you're a bad guy, and probably will just skip right over any posts you have needing help.

Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Why don't you let it go? It has absolutely no effect on you, yet you have to bring things down by acting like a child.

Talk about a control freak.
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4
    You can't do this yet as PalmOne hasn't made public the API for this. Maybe someday...
    I'm pretty sure Chatter does this. I don't have any new mail right now, but I'm almost positive that when I do, it shows a mail icon with a number on the Phone screen.

-Sabrina
    Chatter used that icon to show the number of emails received since you left the Chatter interface.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I'm 100% sure Chatter does this. Prior to v1.0.3b8 it required you to leave the Phone app to update properly (Ie. From the Phone app, hit Applications, and then Phone App). I inquired about fixing it, and the author, Marc, had an updated beta the next day. It updates immediately. Other mail programs (Snapper, Agendus, etc.) *don't* do it because they just haven't looked into it.

To my knowledge, the only mail programs that do it are VersaMail (shows the count of unread messages in the current account), Seven/XpressMail/BusinessConnect (total new messages), and Chatter (total new messages).

treotroller in action
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    This is kinda hilarious that because I'm looking to further enahnce my efficiency with my Treo, I've somehow stumbled upon some kind of online soap opera, lol.

Anyway, I was wondering the same thing, and it seems I've found the answer, thanks kjohn.
    1 | 2
    Does anyone know how to associate a different email program besides Versamail to show up the New Mail message icon (envelope) on the Phone startup screen??

I have the options of Agendus Mail (which I prefer) and also SnapperMail (which I like but I can;t figure out how to add a Hotsync account)

Also, Agendus Mail lets me use the POP3 account to send/reply to my Hotsync Account which is AWESOME! So, I can sync my corp. mail and then respond at my leisure using bellsouth.net

I am not sure if Snapper/VersaMail lets you do above and as easily.

Well, I guess I had two questions,

a)envelope icon for Versa/Snappa
    b)hotsync email instr. for Versa/Snappa

Thanks in advance....
    back on track.

the software maker needs to update the software to update the envelope. snapper says they are going to do it, just not when. dont know about agendus mail.

as for the syncing reply. snapper doesn do this. it doesnt have a conduit so it isn't even an option. i dont have a clue if versamail has a conduit.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    What if it's in ROM?
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    What if what's in ROM?

I don't think that the VersaMail that comes with the 650 can sync through a conduit. I know the version that came with my Tungsten W could.