1.    #1  
    This goes into the "For what it's worth" file:

My Cingular Treo 650 is rock solid so far. I've had it for a few days now, with no problems. I tried to wait to install third party apps, but things were working so I really went to town.

I do not use any Internet services yet, so any problems there remain to be discovered in the future sometime.

I do not use Bluetooth or Versamail, except for setting it up so I could get calendar sync, tasks, etc with Outlook - I do not sync e-mail. I sync on my work computer to Outlook and on my home computer to the Palm Desktop only. On my work computer I also sync with a MS Smartphone provided by my company.

I have I do not know how many third-party apps installed, including Datebook 5, Card Export, Graffiti Anywhere, LEDOff, Launcher X, 18 games, a few calculators, and several benchmarking programs.

I use LauncherX to run most of my apps from the tiny 14MB card I had from another phone, leaving me 9.34 MB available. "CardSpeed" shows this little card as fast (Wrt32bit: 113 bytes/sec, wrt8KB: 224054 bytes/sec, Read8KB: 2383127 bytes/sec), but that could be a result of simply being a very small card. My 128MB card is on the way from PalmOne.

I tried to run PXAClocker but saw no effect on any benchmark. Since I am using the free (Lite) version, maybe I am one of the 2% where it refuses to actually change the frequency?

Edit:

One more thing, this has, so far, been much more stable than my old CLIE SJ30 - though I had many hacks and overclocked the heck out of that one, pushing it to the edge, and frequently over, of stability.
    Last edited by westronic; 02/27/2005 at 09:13 AM.
    Ever since I exchanged my SIM, my Treo has been rock solid too, and I have a LOT of stuff loaded. I even tried my hand at PXAClocker at 468MHz, and this baby FLIES!!!
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!