1.    #1  
    I was wondering if there is any software or any way that would allow me to view html e-mail on my handspring? I sometimes get html e-mail and all the handspring shows is a blank e-mail when I try to read it. Thanks
    You can view HTML email with Eudora's Internet Suite for the Palm OS. It is free! You can also get their desktop mail client for free (adware version).

The internet suite also comes with a web browser. When you click on links in emails it automatically opens the browser just liek your desktop! Of course you have to have a modem and be connected to the net to do this.
    I like Eudora as well, but I haven't been able to get it to delete mail from the POP server once it is downloaded. This problem was not manifest with MM Pro or TGPostman. I emailed Qualcomm for help, but never heard back.
    Originally posted by dreichert:
    I like Eudora as well, but I haven't been able to get it to delete mail from the POP server once it is downloaded. This problem was not manifest with MM Pro or TGPostman. I emailed Qualcomm for help, but never heard back.
    Go to Options / Mail Checking / More Prefs, and you'll see where you can tell Eudora to delete from the server. Personally, I have "Delete when emptied from Trash" selected, as this lets me decide what stays in and what goes.

Will the Eudora program replace my current mail program if I'm using it when I HotSync, or is it only for use with a modem?
    Or you could just request that the people who send you HTML email without an alternative content type either fix the configuration of their mail programs, or switch to one which isn't broken.

Sending HTML, or any non-flat-text, email without a plain text alternative is highly rude, and should be frowned upon.

Plus, HTMl email is inherently evil.

------------------
    "The tree of liberty must occasionally be watered by the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson
    Jammer:

I love my email in HTML. Plain text is so yesterday. We are in the year 2000 now my friend
    Evangel:

What email client are you using on your desktop now? eudora claims that it conduit can allow hotsyncing with other programs. However, you would have to pay for it. You can find out more here: http://www.eudora.com/internetsuite/
    Originally posted by euangel:
    Will the Eudora program replace my current mail program if I'm using it when I HotSync, or is it only for use with a modem?
    I have Eudora Mail on my Visor and on my desktop, and the inboxes can synchronize in various ways. Under "Options / HotSync" you have the option of disabling the link, synchronizing deletes with the desktop, and so on.

There is a drop down menu with a bunch of other mail programs, but I can't confirm they work.

Originally posted by yardie
    Jammer:

I love my email in HTML. Plain text is so yesterday. We are in the year 2000 now my friend ;)
    So use it. Just be sure that your mailer also includes an alternative content type for those of use who don't think a logical-oriented document markup language should be used to pretty-print notes from your grandmother.

For more information, see RFC 1521 (http://RF.Cx/rfc1521.html), and look particularly at the items pertaining to multipart/alternative.
    "The tree of liberty must occasionally be watered by the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson