1.    #1  
    My Treo 650 was bought from AT&T wireless. Even though it is on the Cingular service I do not seem to be having the chronic problems others are discussing on this board... ( SIM issues, VM, soft resets...etc )

I have had no VM issues and even though I have a Gemplus SIM it states AT&T wireless on it. I ahve had a couple of freezes and a soft reset or two but nothing on a regualr basis. In regards to freezes I would say I have had about the same number as I had with my Tungeston T2. I have had the phone since Februart 1st and love it and do not seem to be having any significant problems. My question is am I living on borrowed time based on various threads on this site or is the fact my phone and SIM came from AT&T wireless shielding me from most of the Cingular issues?

Thanks!
    Are you using a 32K SIM? If so, no worries as you will not have these problems:

http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/556-1.htm

look for a G at the end of the SIM's serial number...
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    For reasons I don't understand, the ATTWS 650s seem to escape many of the problems the Cingular and unlocked 650s have. I guess I should be grateful...
    How do you tell the difference between the SIM cards when you only have the SIM card and not the holder anymore?. My t650 is an AT&T one and sometimes the phone will be sitting on the desk and shut off. Other than that I can say I'm pretty happy that I have not had the problems that a lot of others are having.
    ATTWS here with my 32k SIM from my 600 and no probs here
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  6.    #6  
    I know this will be a stupid question.....but how can I tell if I have a 32K SIM?
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers
    I know this will be a stupid question.....but how can I tell if I have a 32K SIM?
    tx: I believe if you have no "G" at the end of your GEMPLUS serial number it is a 32K SIM... Mine came from my 270 and is pretty old, so I know it must be 32K. Perhaps there are no 64K SIMS that say AT&T Wireless on them?

Here is a good thread to check out:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=74723
  8.    #8  
    Sorry for another stupid question....But what is the benefit of a 32K over a 64K? I mean I know it is a larger SIM but what exactly is it doing for me that makes 64K better then 32K?
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    More storage for contact info on the SIM - useful if you swap SIMs among phones. Otherwise, nothing.