Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 56
  1.    #1  
    My wife asked me to post the following statement on TC:

    "I am fed up with my husband's obession with his new toy. I swear that he spends more time with his treo than with me. When he is not playing with his treo, he is either on some treo chat room or downloading software. What can I do?"

    In anticipation of this problem, I bought the wife her very own treo 650. Of course, all she does is play tetris on her treo.

    Please help
  2. #2  
    Have your wife join TreoCentral. Once she spends some time with us here she'll be so addicted to her Treo 650 and to T/C that you'll be complaining how she's ignoring you all the time.
  3. Silver5's Avatar
    Posts
    529 Posts
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    #3  
    How American!

    A: your wife needs to lighten up.

    B: You need to put down the Treo and spend time with her, you know, doing fun stuff like shoe shopping or getting her nails done...

    C: If A and B don't work you should sue PalmOne for ruining your marriage. Have them compensate you with a new Treo.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver5
    How American!

    A: your wife needs to lighten up.

    B: You need to put down the Treo and spend time with her, you know, doing fun stuff like shoe shopping or getting her nails done...

    C: If A and B don't work you should sue PalmOne for ruining your marriage. Have them compensate you with a new Treo.
    D: Who's with me?!?!!!!!!!!!!
  5. #5  
    I upgraded my wife's memory to the new wnvfs

    Now no matter how much she drinks she remembers how annoyed she is at my TC addiction
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I upgraded my wife's memory to the new wnvfs
    However now she gets bloated very quickly
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  7. #7  
    I'm having the same problems here and even more than with my previous PDAs. The Treo has really changed my life and the way I see things now. However, I try to give them their own time. Whenever we go out, I stop doing things on my Treo. Even though Verichat and Snappermail keep calling me. On weekdays after work I try to stay a way from my Treo as much as possible until 9 pm when my son goes to sleep. On weekend I wake up early and do all my software updates and reading. You have to learn to balance your Treo usage and your family time.

    Al
  8. raziel's Avatar
    Posts
    180 Posts
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    #8  
    Your wife must dig the vibrate mode
    Palm III -> Sony Clie 73V + Sony Ericsson 610 -> Sony Ericcson P900 -> Nokia 6600 + IPAQ 4150 -> Treo 650 -> BenQ P50 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> HTC Titan (Sprint Mogul)
  9. #9  
    My husband is mad at me for spending so much time on my 650 as well... He really wants one too but isn't willing to pay that much for it and since I just broke my piggy bank to buy mine, I can't afford to get him one too... Oh well, he keeps hoping the newness will wear off and I'll be back to normal soon... We'll see
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    I'm having the same problems here and even more than with my previous PDAs. The Treo has really changed my life and the way I see things now. However, I try to give them their own time. Whenever we go out, I stop doing things on my Treo. Even though Verichat and Snappermail keep calling me. On weekdays after work I try to stay a way from my Treo as much as possible until 9 pm when my son goes to sleep. On weekend I wake up early and do all my software updates and reading. You have to learn to balance your Treo usage and your family time.

    Al
    Good plan, I admire your resolve. My addiction seems to get the best of me in the end it seems.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

    Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  11. #11  
    dont call Dr. Laura...and dont call Dr. Phil...and get the wife beating meat ball stained shirt on (kidding kidding). Im not married and such, but um your wifey needs to lighten up...
  12. #12  
    That's why it's called the T(h)re(e)o: There's Tre of you now. Years ago, when the HP-65 (programmable [with plastic strips] hand held calculator] came out (hmm, 65 => 650?), I subscbribed to an HP-65 newsletter (there was no internet!) and one of the issues had a photo of a man and a women (then, married) in bed. He's focused with a vengence on his new HP 65 and she had a terribly hurt scowl on her face, one that he did not notice, of course.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by mgabel_pi
    That's why it's called the T(h)re(e)o: There's Tre of you now. Years ago, when the HP-65 (programmable [with plastic strips] hand held calculator] came out (hmm, 65 => 650?), I subscbribed to an HP-65 newsletter (there was no internet!) and one of the issues had a photo of a man and a women (then, married) in bed. He's focused with a vengence on his new HP 65 and she had a terribly hurt scowl on her face, one that he did not notice, of course.
    Oh boy, this brings back memories. I had programmable calculators in those days. I think I started with a 29C, but it was the HP-41C that was a classic for me. We had an assembly language course and a friend and I had a contest to see who could write the most compact piece of code using our HP-41's to test it out. We had a code segment that was so short that the TA was convinced it did not work, until we demonstrated it on the 41. We were such nerds...

    I also wrote some articles for that HP newsletter -- it was not specific to the 65 as I recall. What was it called, again?
  14. #14  
    If you wife wants to woo you away from your Treo, all she needs to do is get her freak on with you.

    Problem is, like most married women (generalization, I know, but tends to be true), they take their husbands for granted and assume their libido doesn't need attention except once a week/month/year/never.

    That attention needs to go somewhere...for some men, it is other people, but usually it takes the form of gadgets, audio-visual equipment, video games, movies, TV and sports.

    This is one of those simple things that most (again, generally) women do not get.
  15.    #15  
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I think I am going to put the treo up for sale on ebay in an effort to save my marriage.




    Just kidding
  16. #16  
    Your wife better take notes.... you've kicked your tired 'old phone' aside for the sleeker model that can do things the old one never could (would)... this example alone should get her back with the program.
  17. #17  
    Did you try removing the e-Grips first?
    Treo 650 is causing marital problems!!!
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    IThe Treo has really changed my life and the way I see things now.

    Me too.....I lost at least 20 pounds....at least in baggage weight. No more Palm Vx, .......No more Nokia phone, ......no more suitcase full of books, no more laptop......no more dicatation device.

    I only have one question and please be brutally honest.....Does carrying the 650 make me look fat ?
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome
    Of course, all she does is play tetris on her treo.....Please help
    Tell her you don't like Tetris and couldn't she find something on her Treo that you both would enjoy.......Of course, while she was in the shower, tell her you loaded a new game on her Treo......

    .........one you picked up over at http://www.palmasutra.org/eng/
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver5
    How American!

    A: your wife needs to lighten up.

    B: You need to put down the Treo and spend time with her, you know, doing fun stuff like shoe shopping or getting her nails done...

    C: If A and B don't work you should sue PalmOne for ruining your marriage. Have them compensate you with a new Treo.

    i can think of alot more fun stuff to do with my wife then that......
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions