1.    #1  
    Is there a way to access and turn off the auto mode control for the screen lighting up and immediately displaying the text of an incoming SMS, MMS, and email? Can't find it anywhere it's still doing it after the Verizon update. If there's no cure, does the 650 do it also? Is it about Verizon?!!

Thanks in advance!

DzinerMW
    Last edited by dzinermw; 02/27/2005 at 06:52 PM. Reason: need HELP!!!
  2.    #2  
    Just noticed 23 people have read my post without any responses. Sooooooo.... now I'm curious if this auto display of all versions of text messages (lit up and broadcast to the world) is typical of ALL Treo's and I'm the only one that can't live with it........?!!!
    There's a privacy function in the sms app, at least in the GSM version. Is there one for the CDMA version? If so, you can activate it and your message will not be displayed. This has been dicussed before sometime back by someone not wanting his girlfriend's messages to pop up when he was with his wife...
    Quote Originally Posted by dzinermw
    Is there a way to access and turn off the auto mode control for the screen lighting up and immediately displaying the text of an incoming SMS, MMS, and email? Can't find it anywhere it's still doing it after the Verizon update. If there's no cure, does the 650 do it also? Is it about Verizon?!!

Thanks in advance!

DzinerMW
    There are numerous programs that will supress SMS, Calls etc for the T600, Calfilter, Callshield etc.. I don't believe they work properly on the 650 as of yet.

The privacy option masks the text of the sender not the fact you received the message. You will still get a light up screen telling you there is a Privacy Mode message.
    Last edited by dlbrummels; 02/27/2005 at 09:09 PM.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by tuen
    There's a privacy function in the sms app, at least in the GSM version. Is there one for the CDMA version? If so, you can activate it and your message will not be displayed. This has been dicussed before sometime back by someone not wanting his girlfriend's messages to pop up when he was with his wife...

Well, there's also instances where private use of your personal phone shouldn't have to invade your professional life when you need it in those circumstances as well. No, this setup, as is, doesn't allow that option for all 3 text modes on this Verizon CDMA phone. I found the old discussion finally, and it really didn't offer any other options either. But not knowing how long ago that was, I'd hope there would be a way around it by now.

Thanks anyway!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    There are numerous programs that will supress SMS, Calls etc for the T600, Calfilter, Callshield etc.. I don't believe they work properly on the 650 as of yet.

The privacy option masks the text of the sender not the fact you received the message. You will still get a light up screen telling you there is a Privacy Mode message.

Thanks! We'll have to try those out. Reading the reviews, it looks like there's some new features in Callfilter so maybe it finally keeps the light off, too. Looking for the best keyword to search on to find some of these programs is a tough one as well!

Thanks again for the leads!

Anyone else have any further success?!!!!