Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Looks like some ungrateful person got under Shadowmite's skin.

Say it aint so!!!!!

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=75273
    Shadowmite,

Don't stop helping us. We are very grateful for all you do. I know I am! Thank you very much for everything!
    Quote Originally Posted by mahoman
    Looks like some ungrateful person got under Shadowmite's skin.

Say it aint so!!!!!

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=75273
    He just wants to see people kissing his ***, he aint going anywhere. People on the internet trip me out.

Online fame is just too much for some people's online ego's to handle.
    -Cal
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal
    He just wants to see people kissing his ***, he aint going anywhere. People on the internet trip me out.

You sure won't get famous running your mouth like that about this forums most successful contributor.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by mg48
    You sure won't get famous running your mouth like that about this forums most successful contributor.
    I could care less what people on the internet think of me.

I'm not doubting shadowmite's contributions, I have used some of his mods to help improve my treo..I am thankful to him for what he has done. But I still think he is full of himself at times.
    -Cal
    Folks,

Shadowmite should be honored for his early work on hacking the Treo.

Remember that most of the work he did involved enabling things that were designed into the Treo, but that the companies involved in this product (Palm One & the phone carriers) chose not to enable.

If Shadowmite goes away, that is his choice. I would like to see supported companies like Palm One, the carriers, and third party financially viable companies (Good, Seven & the carriers) better support this device and offer solutions that are tested and (yikes) cost money.

If you are pissed off about carriers not giving you DUN, VPN support and an unlimited plan -- ***** to them. If you want a SD WiFi solution, tell Palm One. They all need to know what's important.

I mean no disrespect to Shadowmite in this thread at all, and I do hope he keeps it up.

Glenn
    Well, if he's really gone, you can still gain access to his wisdom at http://www.shadowmite.com .
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.

Shadowmite deserves that and more.
    You know what? Maybe PalmOne is doing this on purpose to make Shadowmite go away because they are really close to release the official Treo 650 patch and they don't want Shadowmite to mess with it. Shadowmite don't let those negative comments affect your work. Just ignore those people and keep up the great work...!!! KUDOS..!!!

Al
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    He's not gone. Most likely he was being sarcastic. Even if he is gone, there will always be someone to pick up after his work. But if you guys are really freaking out, just download everything on his site.
    Palm III -> Sony Clie 73V + Sony Ericsson 610 -> Sony Ericcson P900 -> Nokia 6600 + IPAQ 4150 -> Treo 650 -> BenQ P50 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> HTC Titan (Sprint Mogul)
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Well, if he's really gone, you can still gain access to his wisdom at http://www.shadowmite.com .
    Thanks for the link.

I personally hope he's still around and will continue to participate in this Forum community be it developer or just member.

The boards are enriched from contributions like his and it is a labor.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    But I still think he is full of himself at times.
    aren't we all at times.......
    I've been in his shoes somewhat, and it can really suck and put a bummer on your day, even more when you REALLY WANT TO HELP. I hope he sleeps on it and changes his mind.

My usless, 2-cents worth, Matt

That's just the kind of snide attitude that chases away people like Shadowmite, who was doing fine work, whether you chose to use any of it or not (I have not, for what it's worth).

All he seems to want, and deserve, is for people to respect his work and not take pot shots at him.

That's not so much to ask, is it?

Personally, I don't care anything about Bluetooth DUN, but I respect him for helping those who do, and for his other work.

Shadowmite - I presume you are at least lurking now, and I wish you all the best.
    I have used some of his mods to help improve my treo..I am thankful to him for what he has done.
    Cal,

I am new to this? I read somewhere that after you do the mods, you loose your RAM. Is this true? After doing the mods, were you able to install apps?
    Quote Originally Posted by mgtakahashi
    Cal,

I am new to this? I read somewhere that after you do the mods, you loose your RAM. Is this true? After doing the mods, were you able to install apps?
    definately not true
    I really dont blame him... I have been following these forums for about a year. It seems to have more than its fair share of whiners, pesimists (spelling?), etc. However, there is some really good information once you weed through the other stuff. So, I continue to visit.

bs
    Quote Originally Posted by mgtakahashi
    Cal,

You lose the CONTENTS, (which would happen with any ROM flash) but not the RAM itself. The BT DUN fix though is just a patch, not a ROM re-write.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn_Butler
    Folks,

Shadowmite should be honored for his early work on hacking the Treo.

Remember that most of the work he did involved enabling things that were designed into the Treo, but that the companies involved in this product (Palm One & the phone carriers) chose not to enable.

If Shadowmite goes away, that is his choice. I would like to see supported companies like Palm One, the carriers, and third party financially viable companies (Good, Seven & the carriers) better support this device and offer solutions that are tested and (yikes) cost money.

If you are pissed off about carriers not giving you DUN, VPN support and an unlimited plan -- ***** to them. If you want a SD WiFi solution, tell Palm One. They all need to know what's important.

I mean no disrespect to Shadowmite in this thread at all, and I do hope he keeps it up.

Glenn
    Exactly. Most of Shadowmite's fixes were derived either from the ROM loader that no one was supposed to get hold of (thanks to Mr. faisal!) or reverse engineering and/or completion or undisabling (is that a word?) of what had been disabled. That being said, I couldn't do it, nor could most of us. And THAT being said, NONE of it should have been necessary. Between PalmOne's total silence on this, and what looks to me like a totally unholy alliance between PalmOne and the carriers to give them what THEY want, and not to give us what WE want, well, I've lost all faith and trust in them. They took what everybody pretty much agrees is the best form factor, and of course the best fantastic wonderful screen, and then screwed us on everything else. Might have been the marketing folks overriding the engineers on the memory thing, and might be the demands (commands?) of the carriers on the BlueTooth DUN and WiFi lacks. Now somebody tell me who at PalmOne benefited by NOT having a proper sound fix; we know they could do it; they DID it and gave it to Mr. faisal, who gave it to shadowmite who gave it to everybody else (and more!) But the engineer that come up with the fix apparently almost got fired, and instead of thanking Mr. faisal for 1000's of TREO 650's NOT being returned, they are pi$$ed at him for spreading the good word.

Shadowmite worked hard on this stuff, no question. Read the thread where he bolts...Treomin-Ahnuld had what looks to me like a minor difference of opinion with shadowmite, and shadowmite came out swinging. Maybe he was looking for an excuse to quit this gig...wonder if the PalmOne lawyer types have been ummmm, in touch with him. Unless he talks, we'll never know.

In some ways, shadowmite's departure (if he really is gonna do it, and he might just have needed the night off and a 6 pack) will be a turning point for the TREO 650. Now, we HAVE to rely on PalmOne to make good on the promise of this little telephone. Either we hold them to it, or we put up with every problem that crops up, and I guarantee you, we ain't seen the last of 'em. Guess we'll see....
    Can't we all just get along?!?
    I think Shadowmite is a true asset to this post.
    Semper Fi
    If you want a free IPod click Free IPod

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Will someone please create a poll so we can all vote and show our support for Shadowmite? That way we can separate the morons from the appreciative folks.

"Never argue with an *****, for he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
    Casio A10 -> Casio E100 -> IPAQ 3600 -> IPAQ h1910 -> Treo 650 Sprint

www.techyrants.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast