1.    #1  
    I just loaded a trailer for I-Robot on to my laptop... It was 11mb and in MPEG format. I copied the MPEG to my SD Card...

Then I opened it up using the Movie player/recorder that is built in to the Treo!! It played flawlessly.. It was more than clear enough to keep me happy.

I do not understand why everyone keeps discussing the need for MMplayer and such.... Just need to use a tool to rip the DVD and convert it to MPEG...
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Are you talking about the app that records movies on the Treo? Can you direct me to the site where you downloaded the trailer for I-Robot?
    Thanks for the info.
    Darlene

Save a life, spay or neuter your pet.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by darjay
    Are you talking about the app that records movies on the Treo? Can you direct me to the site where you downloaded the trailer for I-Robot?
    Thanks for the info.
    Yes I am talking about the app that records movies...

Try this link for some movie trailers

copy them to the proper directory on your card.. The movie app has no way of navigating the card so it has to be in the same directory that your recorded movies and pictures are in.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    I am thinking that a few of the advantages of a 3rd party multimedia player like MM player are that the movies can be played back using the full screen instead of just using two-thirds of the screen the built in player provides, the advantage of utilizing sound processing equalization which the built in player lacks, as well as other multi control functions 3rd party players provide that the built in player lacks. I myself am using the built in player for my movies and videos too because I am experimenting with a few 3rd party players with not such great success, but I am still learning things as I go along. I am sure there are other advantages I have not mentioned so if anyone has more on this, I too would like to know. Thanks.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ehosey2
    I am thinking that a few of the advantages of a 3rd party multimedia player like MM player are that the movies can be played back using the full screen instead of just using two-thirds of the screen the built in player provides, the advantage of utilizing sound processing equalization which the built in player lacks, as well as other multi control functions 3rd party players provide that the built in player lacks. I myself am using the built in player for my movies and videos too because I am experimenting with a few 3rd party players with not such great success, but I am still learning things as I go along. I am sure there are other advantages I have not mentioned so if anyone has more on this, I too would like to know. Thanks.

If you think about it... You do not need more of the screen to be displayed... I downloaded the I-Robot clip.. It plays in widescreen on the Treo.. from one side of the screen to the other.. Since the screen is a perfect square it wont matter if you tilt the display..

That being said.. you cannot zoom this video format any closer without loosing the sides... The resolution is sooooo good it would not matter to me..
    Quote Originally Posted by blackvette

copy them to the proper directory on your card.. The movie app has no way of navigating the card so it has to be in the same directory that your recorded movies and pictures are in.
    what link?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    the Built in Media app is support mepg1,mepg4(asf codec) format at all. (it is an enhancement version that came from Zire72)

or u can drag'n drop some unsupported videos on ur Quickinstall app interface, if ur PC is installed property codec, then the QuickInstall will convert the video to asf format and sync it to ur SD card DCIM dir nexttime.
    but Quickinstall can not batch processing, u must do it one by one ,,,,,
    Handspring treo 90/180/600
    pa1m0ne Treo650 palm Treo 680, palm Treo750,Centro,Samsung i780, Now Treo Pro
    I just loaded a trailer for I-Robot on to my laptop... It was 11mb and in MPEG format. I copied the MPEG to my SD Card...

Then I opened it up using the Movie player/recorder that is built in to the Treo!! It played flawlessly.. It was more than clear enough to keep me happy.

I do not understand why everyone keeps discussing the need for MMplayer and such.... Just need to use a tool to rip the DVD and convert it to MPEG...

Blackvette,

Are you GSM or CDMA. I tried what you are suggesting but it doesn't seem to to want to work on my Sprint Treo 650? I say this because the different carrier phones do use different native formats when recording movies.

Sprint CDMA use 3GP and I understand that the GSM phones use H.263

Trying to understand if this is the difference?
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts

What Link?
    Darlene

Save a life, spay or neuter your pet.
    The native app does play mpegs and 3gp2, but the functionality and quality is much better on Kinoma and/or MMplayer IMO.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Katway
    The native app does play mpegs and 3gp2, but the functionality and quality is much better on Kinoma and/or MMplayer IMO.
    I do not understand how the quality can be any better??? The quality is determined by the how the original MPEG was compressed... The player just plays it as it sees it..

The I-Robot clip I have is simply incredible in quality.. Widescreen and all...
    Remember the Treo Screen is square.. There is no way to play a movie and use ALL the treo screen without ruining the Aspect ratio...
    Quote Originally Posted by darjay
    What Link?
    still missing the link.

where is the link?

looking for the ring 2.
    Felipe
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    still missing the link.

where is the link?

looking for the ring 2.
    Sorry, my bad...

http://www.pocketmovies.net/

Be sure to put the movie in exact directory that the other pictures and movies go on the SD card...
    I do not understand how the quality can be any better??? The quality is determined by the how the original MPEG was compressed... The player just plays it as it sees it..

The I-Robot clip I have is simply incredible in quality.. Widescreen and all...
    Remember the Treo Screen is square.. There is no way to play a movie and use ALL the treo screen without ruining the Aspect ratio...
    It's akin to all DVDs being the same, but a Sony player generally provides better picture and sound than an Apex player. In other words, the input may be the same, but the output on the Kinoma player seems better to me than the native app. That's my experience, others may have different experiences.

In addition, I have used Kinoma producer to get AAC sound quality that has made movies a pleasure to watch. The native app won't play these higher quality files. Others may find the native app tolerable enough for their uses. I like to watch movies during my travels and prefer not to lug around a DVD player, so the improved quality over the native app is well worth it to me.
    I hear all thiw talk of "better" but no actual facts on how this is so. What makes those other qpps better?
    treoneo,
    Every time I see your avatar I have to wonder how stoned you got your cat to get him to sit still for that picture.
    ok, I found the ring trailer in MOV. Kinoma producer wont convert it because it is DRMed. And, Kinoma Player doesnt support it.

Anyone know what I can used to either convert it or view it?
    Felipe