Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    * = SD card through Powerrun
    ** = msmount
    /.../

Lightwav 5.3
    aznmode, you got Lightwav 5.3 installed and you're not getting ANY resets/freezes?
    I guess no one got Shadow's Wi-fi to work uh?

Simon
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany
    Feel free to post the list of software that YOU have on your 650 that works without any resets, etc.

Mine has been reset-free for about two weeks now with this setup and I am loving my 650.

(Note: I'm not listing any ROM programs and I have the standard Palm-delivered ROM setup).

Installed on Internal memory:
    * 4 Stocks
    * BillsLog
    * Bonsai
    * Pocket Tunes Deluxe
    * VeriChat
    * Wassup
    * Cleanup
    * Uninstall
    * KsDatebook
    * PDANet
    * Snap
    * KBLights
    * PowerRun
    * LauncherX
    * Switch5 (amazingly useful)

Installed on external card:
    * Directory Assistant (you sooo need this one!)
    * Splash Photo
    * TreoAlarm (love it)
    * MMPlayer
    * SDS Time
    * WiFile
    * Backup Buddy VFS
    * Card Export II
    * FileZ
    * HAL9000
    * Legacy
    * PacDude
    * Strategic Commander
    * Warfare Inc.

The above gives me right now what I need.
    I'm still looking for a final email application but so far VersaMail is working really well for AOL and Gmail accounts - I'm still trying to figure out Outlook and Exchange emails.
    Tiff,

Which version of mmplayer are u using that is stable on 650? I have heard there are lots of crashes with mmplayer...

Ta.
  4.    #44  
    My version of MMPlayer is 0.2.14p1
    Solid as a rock
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MapaMan
    Thanks, unfortunately I'm getting the following error message: "Unable to resolve name pop.gmail.com. Check your DNS settings or enter the IP address for your mail server."
    Make sure you've enabled pop mail in Gmail...You may have to wait a few hours before it takes effect. When I set mine up, it didn't work right away either. I tried again the next morning, and it worked perfectly.

In Gmail, go to "Settings", then select "Forwarding and POP". Select "Enable POP..." (whichever option you prefer...all mail, or all mail from now on.) Then Save Changes.

That should do it...

If you've already done that, and you've waited up to a day for the changes to take effect, then I have no idea...You may have to contact Gmail support.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko85
    Couple questions/comments:

1. Have you tried zlauncher, and if so, how does it compare to LauncherX?
    ZLauncher - If thye first thing you do after laoding Windows XP is turn off all the fluffy, pretty stuff then Zlauncher won't hold much alure for you.

LauncherX is more Spartan and, to my eyes, useful in that respect but after using it for a few weeks I find I prefer the standard Palm Launcher. Though I used LauncherX and LauncherIII before that on my Palm VX, I'd find with the Treo, I'd rather thave the screen real estate than save a tap switching between app sets. If the tabs were smaller with just A for apps, M for main etc, I'd like it better.
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    If the tabs were smaller with just A for apps, M for main etc, I'd like it better.
    Well you know you can name the tabs anything you want - including "A", etc and the tab size adjusts automatically.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

1) Yeah I tried them all... and I LOVE LauncherX but do yourself a favor and don't JUST listen to people here - try the free trials out and find the one that works for YOU

2) Actually FileZ doesn't allow you to move files to the card (and gosh I hope I'm not wrong..) as it's "just" one of the best - and free - file viewers out there. PowerRun, LauncherX, Zlauncher, etc all allow you to move files to the card - it comes down to how committed you are to use either program as should you change..you will have to go through a little bit of work to pull them down to memory and reload them to the card with your 'new' tool.

3) Actually I don't know..that was a typo in my list..I have TreoAlarm in the internal memory...

4) I'm using KsDatebook v1.6.1 from July, 2004. Do you have the same?

Great, thanks for the responses. I've installed FileZ. It's a keeper. Haven't tried LauncherX or Zlauncher yet...

As for KsDatebook...since I had installed/removed so many things, I think my Treo was jacked up. So, I did a hard reset and installed only those things I know I want to keep. KsDatebook now works (v1.6.1) without crashing.

Cool...
    * = SD card through Powerrun
    ** = msmount

Aces Texas Holdem*
    Backupman*
    Bejeweled2(trial)*
    Black Jack*
    Bob's Alarm**
    Bt Toggle
    Card Export*
    Checkers*
    Check Split*
    Coconut Fern*
    Dataviz*
    Directory Assistant*
    Documents* + moved with Dataviz tools
    Domino*
    Filez*
    Firestorm(demo)*
    GBulator*
    Handzipper lite*
    IBM Java
    KB lightsoff
    Lightwav 5.3
    Linkstart*
    LJP **
    Madden 05*
    MMPlayer*
    Mobitv Trial (doesnt really work)*
    Msafe
    Mvoice
    NesEM*
    NotePad
    NR Deluxe*
    Open Chess*
    Pacdude*
    Pocket Chess*
    Powerrun
    Prison*
    Ptunes
    PXA Clocker
    Shields (doesnt quite work)*
    Sketchers*
    Snappermail prem*
    Soft Reset
    Sol Free*
    Sol Free 1st edit*
    Solitaire*
    Treo Alarms
    UDMH
    Uninstall
    Verichat
    VFSMark
    Video Poker (java)*
    Voice memo
    Volume Rocker
    Webpro*
    Winhand
    Xiino*
    Yellow pages (verichat aol)
    Zap2016*
    Which WebPro? I've got 3.5 from a Zire 72 which refuses to launch.. says something about not on this model.
    Solid as a rock
    Thx... will try it out! I am also trying a free converter that will convert movie files to a format that can be played by native media application. It was developed for PSP but can also work with palm.. they say the compression can be as high as 1MB per minute of movie length.. so it sounds pretty good to store many movies in cards..

For anyone interested, it is called 3gp converter and the link is here:

http://www.nurs.or.jp/~calcium/3gpp/

(sorry it is in japanese, I am still deciphering the page... )
    Lightwav 5.3
    aznmode,

I have LightWav 5.1.1 working fine, albeit without KoolAlarms (KoolAlarms gave my T6.5 "vicious-loop-cycle" syndrome <Cured by a system reset> Ugh!)

I'm therefore curious as to whether:

1) Your stable 5.3 version is the beta or full version

2) And whether you have KoolAlarms installed

Thanks.

P.S. BTW, nice thread here, Tiffany
    Last edited by aolumide; 03/06/2005 at 10:53 AM.
    -- "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king" --
    Main Memory: 12.8 MB remaining

Cleanup 3.37b
    FileZ 6.5
    Hi-Launcher 2.8
    KeyCaps600 (T 6.5 version)
    LightWav 5.1.1
    mLights 3.5.1
    MMPlayer 0.2.14p1
    Pocket Tunes Deluxe 3.0.6
    SnapperMail Enterprise 2.2.2.01
    Uninstall 2.70

SD Card:

Mapopolis Navcard 1.12 (w/ Seidio Serial Mouse/Mount)
    MyBible 4.002
    -- "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king" --
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoko
    Yes. I leave data in internal memory and only moved the app to my SD via zLauncher. This allows perfect syncing with my Mac OS X SplashPhoto client as hot sync can find the SplashPhoto db in internal memory. All photos reside on the SD card and will sync directly to there if specified. I do not keep photos in internal memory. However, if you use the photo function with your contacts, then you'll have to pshysically move the photos from the SplashPhoto folder in /PALM/Programs/SplashPhoto to /DCIM.

All Splash products that syncs with a desktop client must have the data in internal memory. Photos can go anywhere... its the splash dbs that must be in internal memory.

Thanks for the advice. The SplashData site stated none of it could reside on the Card. Will try it now since that'll save a huge chunk of space. Now if only there was a way to get either Agendus or Zlauncher onto the card. Those are hogs!
    has backup buddy pro or vfs worked on a major restore for anyone. I was informed it was not totally compatible with the 650. anyone can tell me otherwise? the program looks good, but i want on ethat is known to work well when i need it to. thanks.
    How do you tell the version of MMPlayer. I look under info and version and it shows 1.0 I know that is wrong as I just downloaded 2.14 from the web page.
    Last edited by wareynolds; 03/08/2005 at 06:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by shodown23
    has backup buddy pro or vfs worked on a major restore for anyone. I was informed it was not totally compatible with the 650. anyone can tell me otherwise? the program looks good, but i want on ethat is known to work well when i need it to. thanks.
    3.0.7 did a good restore for me but choked on two unimportant items that I was later able to manually restore... MIDI Ring Tones and one specific TON-ring-tone-name file.
    bump
    I am reinstalling if anyone has changed to more stable settings please post here.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    BeCrossword*
    Bejewed2*
    Bike or Die*
    Docs2Go* (mostly)
    PalmaryClock*
    eReader*
    GTS racing*
    Joust*
    MegaGammon*
    MicroQuad*
    Monopoly*
    NesEm*
    SplashBlog*
    Warfare Inc*

DocsToGo can be installed on the SD card? I didn't install since it is so large and I thought it had to go in main memory. What applications from DTG did you put on the SD card?
    Solid as a rock
    Tiffany,

What movies do you play and at what bitrate (video and sound)?

I have that exact same version and I get a lock up when I forward through the movie too much on the slider bar or if I pause/unpause more than 3 times.

I'm curious about this, as it's infringing on my Pinky and the Brain Viewing Experience.

{= )
    Last edited by Blademonkey; 03/15/2005 at 06:40 PM.
    Feel free to post the list of software that YOU have on your 650 that works without any resets, etc.

Mine has been reset-free for about two weeks now with this setup and I am loving my 650.

(Note: I'm not listing any ROM programs and I have the standard Palm-delivered ROM setup).

Installed on Internal memory:
    * KsDatebook

The above gives me right now what I need.
    I'm still looking for a final email application but so far VersaMail is working really well for AOL and Gmail accounts - I'm still trying to figure out Outlook and Exchange emails.
    Have you done the new update from Sprint and, if so, is your KSDatebook still working afterward? I'm guessing not, since I have tested it multiple times and each time it creates an endless soft reset loop for me.
    Last edited by TheTreoGuy; 03/23/2005 at 04:56 PM.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast