1.    #1  
    I had constant resets, etc., in other words a complete mess on my 650. I did a hard reset and am going to reinstall the software one by one.

I did a search and am still confused about what to install first. What I think should be done first is install the Uninstall Manager, FileZ and then the Power run.

Is this correct? Thanks.
    Yup...that would work, as long as Uninstall Manager is the first thing you install after you hard reset that way you can easily uninstall apps if they cause you a problem.

palmOne Treo 650 Unlocked GSM / Axalto 64k SIM / Cingular Nation 900 w/ Rollover / MEdia Net Unlimited /

Phone Info: Firmware: 1.14 / Software: Treo650-1.05-ROW
    Accessories: palmOne Cradle Kit for Treo 650 / Free 128MB SD from palmOne / Cardo Scala 500 BT Headset / Krusell Classic & Horizontic Case / Brando Screen Protector
    On The Way: ???

I just followed the steps I listed in this thread (http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=74953) and now my 650 is running perfectly. I did install Uninstall Manager first. If you've been trying out a bunch of software and are fairly satisfied with the apps you have, a hard reset and reinstall of all apps is tedious but worth the effort - especially if you've been dealing with random resets.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks, I did follow those steps but I got a l o n g way to go yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by maryann
    Thanks, I did follow those steps but I got a l o n g way to go yet.
    Keep at it, if your experience is like mine, you'll be glad you invested the time and effort. Good luck!
    when you do a hard reset and move your backup folder on the desktop are your contacts still there to sync over or do i have to rely on a backup on my sd card? any help would be appreciated because this is the only thing that has stopped me from doing a hard reset and starting from scratch..
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
  7.    #7  
    Now I can't find that Voice Dial prc. Its not in my backup folder. So I had to download a trial version and now I have to find my registration number. Yikes, its one thing than another.

I did move and rename my backup folder. Then I finally got a hotsync after numerous failures, freezes and errors. After googling for a few hours, found out that most likely I needed to do a reinstall of Palm Desktop. So I uninstalled it and then went to the web to download a copy and then remembered that I needed the Palm CD for that. I finally found it in the computer room closet (after tearing it apart) an hour later.

I did get my contacts all back though. The software for this phone is getting expensive. Everytime I turn around, its something else for the phone like today I purchased power run and uninstall manager.

I am sure I will be happy about the time investment sometime down the road.
    Quote Originally Posted by donric609
    when you do a hard reset and move your backup folder on the desktop are your contacts still there to sync over or do i have to rely on a backup on my sd card? any help would be appreciated because this is the only thing that has stopped me from doing a hard reset and starting from scratch..
    Well first I would suggest you make a copy of your palmOne\username folder so you can do another hard reset, move the folder back, and HotSync should something go wrong. Having a backup on your SD card is also recommended, but I tend to be overly cautious.

I copied my 'username' folder to a safe place then went into it under the palmOne directory. I deleted the contents of the Backup folder and synced. The HotSync pulled my contacts, dates, memos, and tasks from Outlook (or the Palm Desktop if you sync to that).

As long as you have synced to your computer, copied your 'username' folder and have a backup on your SD card, you should be fine. I was pretty nervous about doing this, but having all my bases covered allowed me to be confident about "unscrewing" myself if necessary.