Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 49
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    But I think she means that unless you know the users name, you can't find it. Theres no search or "newly updated blog" listing.
    Yes, that's why I started this page, otherwise you are just stuck on your page with no one else to "visit"!
  2. #22  
    Now after looking at it a second time, this Blogsite is different as being more of a photo gallary, cuz you can't link to other Splashblog sites nor can you add comments to any pics.

    It's nice for allowing others quick access to photo's on the web without the bells and whistles.

    Not sure I want to pay for it after the trial period though. I would be more tempted if there were easy access link to other Splashbog sites to view and enjoy.

    I may contact the developer to see if they would consider modifing to support links.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

    Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  3. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    Now after looking at it a second time, this Blogsite is different as being more of a photo gallary, cuz you can't link to other Splashblog sites nor can you add comments to any pics.

    It's nice for allowing others quick access to photo's on the web without the bells and whistles.

    Not sure I want to pay for it after the trial period though. I would be more tempted if there were easy access link to other Splashbog sites to view and enjoy.

    I may contact the developer to see if they would consider modifing to support links.
    I agree, splashblog is in it's infantial stage. I would think they are listening to us. I like the fact that it can all be controlled from the treo. Here's to hoping that they add newest additions, comments, and of course ways to link outside. I you folks can think of anything that would make splashblog better please post your suggestions, oh and also post your blogs. Whether or not it is with SB.

    I have forwarded this thread to the Splash folks.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Llynx
    Are the giant ads in the main screen or in everybody's personal pages?
    On everyone's personal pages.. [textamerica]
  5. raziel's Avatar
    Posts
    180 Posts
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    #25  
    That's soooo coool! I'm gonna download it when I get home from work, ride out the first 30 days and then buy it on payday =)
    Palm III -> Sony Clie 73V + Sony Ericsson 610 -> Sony Ericcson P900 -> Nokia 6600 + IPAQ 4150 -> Treo 650 -> BenQ P50 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> HTC Titan (Sprint Mogul)
  6. aldamon's Avatar
    Posts
    650 Posts
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMiami
    Loved the flowers and trees. Where were they taken?
    http://www.hr.duke.edu/dukegardens/dukegardens.html

    We love to take our friends and family there.
  7. #27  
    So, what would everyone recommend for photoblogging: SplashBlog, TextAmerica, Phlog, etc.? I'm new to this would am very interested in trying it out...oh, and, it'd be nice to be able to upload videos to my blog site. Thanks.

    I'm leaning towards SplashBlog (for its application's integration with the blog site) and am hoping they support videos in the future...
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650 | T-Mobile
    Received: 2/10/2005
  8. #28  
    I just purchased splashblog and have sent them an email regarding supporting videos, have not heard anything back yet. Maybe if we all sent an email they will support it.
  9. #29  
    Can you direct link to photos posted to Splashblog?
  10. #30  
    Yes, Although they only support jpeg. The main advantage is how simple it is. Pretty basic.
  11. #31  
    I think one of the problems with Splashblog is that if you take the pictures off your phone and then re-sync, they'll be erased (I think - has anyone tried?)
  12. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by kstation23
    I just purchased splashblog and have sent them an email regarding supporting videos, have not heard anything back yet. Maybe if we all sent an email they will support it.
    I haven't purchased yet, but , I sent them the address to this thread so they see our requests. keep em coming guys/gals.
  13. #33  
    Hopefully they can include an html option for your template.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by drrjv
    I think one of the problems with Splashblog is that if you take the pictures off your phone and then re-sync, they'll be erased (I think - has anyone tried?)
    Good ques...... Will have to test that
  15. #35  
    llynx.textamerica.com
    :-)
  16.    #36  
    Here's where it really gets good...In the Palm Splashblog main screen, select "New". You can enter anyone's user ID (without password), and it will let you download their blog with view-only access. And you can opt to download just the thumbnails, then select the thumbnail(s) of pictures you are interested in seeing and it will download the full image! So, you don't even need to go to your browser to view friends' blogs!
  17. #37  
    I just recieved an email from Justin (splashphoto support) stating they will be including mpeg support in the future, didn't give me any exact dates though.
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by kstation23
    I just recieved an email from Justin (splashphoto support) stating they will be including mpeg support in the future, didn't give me any exact dates though.
    That's exactly what I wanted to hear - hopefully, they'll support it soon and won't charge an upgrade price to get mpeg support. Hmm, should I get it now or wait for mpeg support...decisions, decisions.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650 | T-Mobile
    Received: 2/10/2005
  19. #39  
    Textamerica has support for MPEG, lots of interblog links, takes both title and text from the email, etc. And it's free, but of course in return for the ads - I'm a little immune to them, so they don't bother me much. TA has a good home page as well to highlight featured sites, recent posts, etc. Quite an active community there!
  20. #40  
    Yeah, I'm gonna give TA a try and see how I like it - since it's free. What I really like about SplashBlog is the ability to manage my site via the software...
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650 | T-Mobile
    Received: 2/10/2005
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions