Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anybody else seen this problem? It will power on for no reason, and if the keyguard was not on it would stay on. ANybody else seen this or knows what causes it?

palmOne Treo 650 Unlocked GSM / Axalto 64k SIM / Cingular Nation 900 w/ Rollover / MEdia Net Unlimited /

Phone Info: Firmware: 1.14 / Software: Treo650-1.05-ROW
    Accessories: palmOne Cradle Kit for Treo 650 / Free 128MB SD from palmOne / Cardo Scala 500 BT Headset / Krusell Classic & Horizontic Case / Brando Screen Protector
    On The Way: ???

Mine does it all the time. . .
    Is the power on screen or Phone? I seen to be having a problem with the screen turning on when an alarm is disabled in Palmary Clock.
    What does your signal look like when this occurs? Mine does the same and it appears as if the phone lights up when the signal strength drops out or comes back. I have also noticed that this occurs when the battery level is low (50% of less from my observation).

i
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    If you're near another BT device that it has previously paired with, it will wake up if it receives a ping (even if there's no other BT activity).
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by robin24k
    Is the power on screen or Phone? I seen to be having a problem with the screen turning on when an alarm is disabled in Palmary Clock.
    The power can be on screen or phone I've seen it do it on both, but I do have Palmary Clock installed with no options set including the Alarm

Quote Originally Posted by imott
    What does your signal look like when this occurs? Mine does the same and it appears as if the phone lights up when the signal strength drops out or comes back. I have also noticed that this occurs when the battery level is low (50% of less from my observation).
    My signal is usually between 3 and 4 bars, my battery is currently at 94%, and have had my phone in the same spot for the last 2 hours

Quote Originally Posted by alee
    If you're near another BT device that it has previously paired with, it will wake up if it receives a ping (even if there's no other BT activity).
    Yes i do have it paired with my PC which it is sitting right in front of.

Well guess i'll have to do some testing and see how often it hapens and when and start turning things off to find out what is causing the power on's...it's no big deal just kinda annoying. Thanks guys

palmOne Treo 650 Unlocked GSM / Axalto 64k SIM / Cingular Nation 900 w/ Rollover / MEdia Net Unlimited /

Phone Info: Firmware: 1.14 / Software: Treo650-1.05-ROW
    Accessories: palmOne Cradle Kit for Treo 650 / Free 128MB SD from palmOne / Cardo Scala 500 BT Headset / Krusell Classic & Horizontic Case / Brando Screen Protector
    On The Way: ???

I get this all the time, too. I have BT turned off.

The bugs keep mounting. Where's the goddamm firmware upgrade!!!

(sorry, just had to vent)
    Hey,

I know this is probably something obvious that you've already looked into, but some apps will turn the screen on when they have something to do. For example, on my 650, Verichat powers the screen on when it needs to reconnect, and so does Express when it does an update. I have yet to set up e-mail on my Treo but I imagine those apps will do the same thing when they grab new mail.

HTH
    Justin
    No BT ...mine turns on at 12:09am every nite....very strange. Anyone else notice theirs going on at the same time every day?
    Who's using ChatterEmail? If so, what versions are being used?
    in other posts people are saying that you diasble the network time option. see here .http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...4&page=3&pp=40

in that link, go the first page...the link goes to the third. sorry.
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
    Quote Originally Posted by MustangGT
    Has anybody else seen this problem? It will power on for no reason, and if the keyguard was not on it would stay on. ANybody else seen this or knows what causes it?
    I think we all have this problem, but the P1 fanboys will tell you "it's not a problem, it's a feature"
    "They say my ghetto instrumental detrimental to kids, as if they can't see the misery in which they live." Krazy -Tupac Shakur

"Should we cry when the pope die? My request, we should cry if they cried when we buried Malcom X." Blasphemy - Tupac Shakur
    It seems this is a common problem. Anyone heard of a fix, sure takes a toll on the battery
    Happens to me 8-10 times a day at least, especially when going in an area without reception, and then again when gets reception.

Sure HOPE they fix this. I had Nokias 3 Nokias over 7 years and never had this problem !!!!!!!!!!!
    After so much testing, I just realized that my 650 turns on all day & night by itself, until I turn it off, when the charger is connected! What the flying Fudge is going on here?
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I fixed it. I downloaded The Matrix screensaver 2 weeks ago, I deleted it from my 650 via Uninstall, well apperantly the hack part SSS Manager leaves a bug, when you use this program it ask's you if you want the screensaver on while charging. Well I guess I did that, & when it got deleted (app) that stayed, causing all these headaches! I re-downloaded the app, I checked marked the same things I did last time, closed app, then unchecked them, and deleted the app again with Uninstaller, soft reset & the it was fixed! Ha! that was my weekend!
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I think it has something to do with the phone features. It happens to mine all the time too, but at night I just shut off the phone, and it has totally stopped.
    This seems very common. Search threads for "turns on randomly" and the like and you will see many others with the same problem. Only occurs when connected to the network and does not appear to be 3rd party app related. No one has a clue how to fix it. Gotta have your keyguard set to power the phone back off to avoid excessive battery drain.
    My sceen often turns on at night, but it always a service issues (sprint). also, as previously mentioned, certain programs like Verichat will "light it up" :-)

so, when did it become negative to be a fan of P1? If you like their product, u buy it. If not, I would think u don't. There is sufficent compateion available for the Treo. Check one out, let's us know what u think. (I'm checking out the i730 when released....)
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    how does keygaurd save any battery life?

I have my 650 set to power down if unused for 2 minutes (Prefs -> General -> Power). But I don't see any settings in keygaurd that will make the Treo power down any quicker when it does it's random light-up.

Man, I sure have been annoyed at hwo the battery on this thing seems to be noticeably worse than was my 600, and now I know why.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast