1.    #1  
    I am helping a friend install Chatter, but he doesn't yet have an unlimited data plan. Before we go ahead, does Chatter constantly use lots of bandwidth or only when email is actually pushed? In other words, is an unlimited data plan a must? Thanks
    It doesn't "constantly use lots of bandwidth", but the actual use is pretty unpredictable - LOTS of variables involved. So I DO recommend unlimited data plans for Chatter use.

Marc
    Im using T-mobile T-zones with chatter and have not experienced any problems recieving mail on time and reliably. I was, however, told by a T-mo tech support rep that in order to send out larger emails (i.e. attachments) I would need the unlimited plan, however it really depends on your smtp server as I have not experienced any significant errors in sending out attachments via my t-mobile smtp server.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth
    Im using T-mobile T-zones with chatter and have not experienced any problems recieving mail on time and reliably. I was, however, told by a T-mo tech support rep that in order to send out larger emails (i.e. attachments) I would need the unlimited plan, however it really depends on your smtp server as I have not experienced any significant errors in sending out attachments via my t-mobile smtp server.
    What do you put down for the T-Mobile SMTP settings? i have the $9.99 t-zones but idk what the username and password are...
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about