Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by vinman
    to ask yourself, treolo. If you owned a retail business (one or five hundred), would you be ok with a customer using this strategy on you? My guess is you would be bothered by it. If you wouldn't like it, it's not ok. It's that simple.
    Vince
    A good strategy for many companies is to lower prices and attract buyers so that next time you need something your brain goes like DING... "CompUSA" instead of DING... "CircuitCity or BestBuy." I per say do not like CompUSA that much, but I'm forced to buy from them sometimes because no other brick retailer will sell computer especifc products around where I live. And you know what, I've been given them part of my paycheck quite often. And now that they have more Treo products I might come back more often and buy other things while I'm there. The key of business is that you do not always make 100% profit as long as that other 2% makes a customer come back to your store happy with the idea of buying something.
    You know how many people return used and abused merchandize everyday at Walmart? And do you know how much profit Walmart makes when they come back to buy more? See the picture?

It seems like if you guys had your own store your customers will never do business again with you and go somewhere else they are treated like valuable customers and not like thieves.

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    A good strategy for many companies is to lower prices and attract buyers so that next time you need something your brain goes like DING... "CompUSA" instead of DING... "CircuitCity or BestBuy." I per say do not like CompUSA that much, but I'm forced to buy from them sometimes because no other brick retailer will sell computer especifc products around where I live. And you know what, I've been given them part of my paycheck quite often. And now that they have more Treo products I might come back more often and buy other things while I'm there. The key of business is that you do not always make 100% profit as long as that other 2% makes a customer come back to your store happy with the idea of buying something.
    You know how many people return used and abused merchandize everyday at Walmart? And do you know how much profit Walmart makes when they come back to buy more? See the picture?

It seems like if you guys had your own store your customers will never do business again with you and go somewhere else they are treated like valuable customers and not like thieves.

Al
    You can add Costco's success to this story! OMG the Sh** that they allow customers to return! Unbelievable, but look how successful they are as a result. We keep going back and going back...
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Markeagle had the best response, (if you don't know, we won't waste time telling you). I just hope you see the error in this...eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle
    It's only got one appropriate use as far as I'm concerned, and since we're not talking about dogs here, it becomes an offensive word. I'm sorry if you don't agree, but we need to cater to a much wider audience.
    in the dictionary in front of me it has 6 meanings, one of which is slang and has the derogatory meaning you are referring to, in the context I used it it means to 'complain, grumble'. You are correct mate, I don't agree in censure...and I don't agree with offensive language use either, just remove their ability to post... now back to the topic about cradles... they just don't exist here yet, like hens teeth. Bugs me that a device is released without the accessories being ready... that is not good retail sense surely?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123