Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I have an Unlocked Treo 650 GSM, using on ATT/Cingular.

This morning, I awoke before my alarm (set using World Clock). I was a bit surprised when it didn't sound when I had set it. I picked up the treo to see whether I had mis-set the time, and there was a notice onscreen saying "Alarm @ 7:15". Yet it made not a sound.

This has happened more than once. Previously, I had thought that it was due to the sound switch on the top of the phone being in the "mute" position (which had surprised me, because most other PDA's & phones will still sound the alarm even if in silent mode) but this morning the switch was definitely in the sound on position.

Anyone else seeing this? This sucks, as having a semi reliable alarm clock is worse than none at all...
    Same here... World Clock was causing resets and by default it goes back to 7:15am. I am still looking for the ultimate alarm for the 650 (i used aAlarm on the 600 and that worked great, but it is not stable on the 650). I am using TreoAlarm right now, but it is causing resets as well when using the snooze function...

So if anybody found a stable alarm app with a snooze button that is big enough to tap on it with fat fingers, let me know!
    Quote Originally Posted by pkjv
    Same here... World Clock was causing resets and by default it goes back to 7:15am. I am still looking for the ultimate alarm for the 650 (i used aAlarm on the 600 and that worked great, but it is not stable on the 650). I am using TreoAlarm right now, but it is causing resets as well when using the snooze function...

So if anybody found a stable alarm app with a snooze button that is big enough to tap on it with fat fingers, let me know!
    Bob's Alarm
    Quote Originally Posted by pkjv
    I am using TreoAlarm right now, but it is causing resets as well when using the snooze function...
    do you have the latest version, because treo alarm is working fine on both of my 650's
    Quote Originally Posted by shanta
    do you have the latest version, because treo alarm is working fine on both of my 650's
    Yes 0.95c...

TreoAlarm might not be the only reason why it reset on the snooze functionality. I also have Chatter email running and I suspect TreoAlarm to do something with the data connection (even though I have the weather update disabled) and the whole thing is causing a soft reset. I definately don't want to remove Chatter email as this is 90% of my Treo use.

Forgot to mention that I also tried 995 Clock, but it is not stable on the 650

I will give Bob's alarm a try...
    I have used the Alarm without incident since I figured it out.

You have to go into the alarm preferences and set them. Mine were defaulted to off/silent. Since enabling, the alarm has worked fine.
    Palmary clock www.palmarysoft.com
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    World Clock for me is working fine, using the "Reville" alarm. My only beef is, as far as I can determine, you have to reset it each nite.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    World Clock for me is working fine, using the "Reville" alarm. My only beef is, as far as I can determine, you have to reset it each nite.
    You don't need to set it every night with Bob's Alarm.
    Didn't RaNoSoft make some Treo type alarm clock for one event or re-occuring (like morning wake up)?
    http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...rREF=&siteid=1
    Give it a whirl
    Take a look at Megaclock.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Hmm. My 'World Clock' preferences are set to "Low" and "Wake up" sound.
    However, I'm also using ChatterEmail 1.0.2, and now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure the alarm clock sounded before I started using CE.

Maybe this is a ChatterEmail problem?
    Take a look at "Look AtMe" if you have Ptunes installed. I use this freeware program to wake up to an MP3 song every morning!
    Butler works well for setting alarms. It has 6 alarms you can set and pick the day of the week the alarm is active. If you have ptunes it will play mp3.
    I just use the built-in Datebook/ Calendar app to set wake-up alarms (and other reminders). What additional functionality do you get with these other apps?
    Palm user since 1999-04-16: III > IIIx > Vx > Sony N610c > SJ33 > Treo 650 GSM > Centro CDMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_OTR_Fan
    You don't need to set it every night with Bob's Alarm.
    I added TreoAlarm and set the 4 alarms for:

1. M-F wakeup time .....hey, why no reveille
    2. S-S wake up time
    3. S-T phone off time (no sound)
    4. F-S phone off time

Jack
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff DLB
    I just use the built-in Datebook/ Calendar app to set wake-up alarms (and other reminders). What additional functionality do you get with these other apps?

If you sync with a desktop app, you have all those alarms going back to your desktop app.
    I second that one....

Quote Originally Posted by KKman
    Take a look at Megaclock.
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more