Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    If you want to access the internet via bluetooth, why not just have a blue tooth phone separately with your laptop in the laptop case. I am sure you can get that stupid Ericsson phone T616 or something cheap with bluetooth that is useless for anything else.
    This way you don't have to risk messing up an already buggy device like the 650 and have it available for other things while surfing......
    Last edited by Treominator; 02/26/2005 at 03:31 PM.
    I have detailed files.
    why spend 400-500 dollars on a device that can't do it all? the whole point of these things is to not have to carry around multiple devices (cell phone, pda, mp3 player, gps, etc). At least to me it is.
    who wants to carry another phone around? That's why we got the treo in the 1st place. My DUN works great, but I feel for those with carrier branded treos that have to look into buggy patches and other software to activate a feature the phone already has.
    1 | 2
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcsickz
    why spend 400-500 dollars on a device that can't do it all? the whole point of these things is to not have to carry around multiple devices (cell phone, pda, mp3 player, gps, etc). At least to me it is.
    I know what you mean, but this involves carrying around the laptop anyways (most likely in a case) with some other components. So why not just keep a "spare" bluetooth enabled phone in the carrying case at all times? I personally simply use my wife's T616 phone with my chip swapped in there when I need to. Is there a big diference in access speeds if they are both Cingular phones. Plus setup is a breexe with some of these conventional phones. I had about 100 pages of info printed out for beating my head over the DUN settings the "backdoor" way....

Although it would be nice to have that working on the Treo, is it really worth jeopardizing such an expensive phone with random third party patches. I mean lok at the problems we are going through with the resets as it is.
    Why lose sleep over a DUN patch?? I mean just use a cheap Bluetooth phone if you have one and when the "official" patch comes through.. well there you go...
    I have detailed files.
    Actually, my patch causes no problem and works perfectly if you follow the intructions. Thanks anyway Treominator, but your wisdow is futile.

www.shadowmite.com/HowToDUN.html
    assuming you meant wisdom - OHHHHHHHHHHH nice one
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Actually, my patch causes no problem and works perfectly if you follow the intructions. Thanks anyway Treominator, but your wisdow is futile.

www.shadowmite.com/HowToDUN.html
    First of all , from the countless threads started about people hitting brick walls with the Cingular DUN patch, it is FAR from being non problematic.

The following excerpt is actually from your website!

Troubleshooting Common Problems
    When attempting to use this hack, a variety of problems have come up from different users.

Problem: I enabled DUN and then turned the phone off, now it doesn't want to turn on!
    Answer: This is a bug in the DUN implementation, you must turn it off when not using it or weird things like this happen.

Problem: When attempting to turn on or off DUN I get a Translib error.
    Answer: This almost always means you are already connected to Vision. Do a soft reset and try again. In the future do not try to change the DUN state while Vision is connected.

Enjoy!

No offense to your work in trying to give Treo users extra capabilities. However, this is a workaround anyway you look at it. Not everyone has the time to spend in the "lab" tweaking one setting after another to make something work.
    If there is a DUN capablity that is meant to work, it should not take a million setting tweaks to enable it....temporarily in many cases.
    It should be click and ... done!
    Also, it seems like SOFT RESETS is the most common thing recommended during the prelim. setup instructions.

My goal via this thread was to present a slightly more painless way to get things going before the "official" fix came about.
    I have detailed files.
    More painless, yea right. Let's see, your painless method involves carrying an extra phone and swapping between them, yea, sure, painless...

I give up, I'm sick and tired of people taking my help for granted and insulting it the next day. I quit. Everyone here at TreoCentral, goodluck, I'm gone.
    Oh Dear God.

Please Shadowmite, STAY.

We all love you here. You have offered a great service to both the Treo Central community and (although they may not fully appreciate it) to PalmOne as well.

t
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    shadowmite: Most of us greatly appreciate the hard work you've put in to getting around the limitations in Treo 650s, and equally important documenting it for the whole community. There are always some spoil sports around here, I wouldn't take them too seriously. If this guy wants to carry around two phones, that's his prerogative, but the vast majority of users want BT DUN on their Treos and you've given many of them just that!
    Hey, IF you can do better than Shadowmite...put up or shutup! Leave him alone, at least he cares and does a damn far site better for all of us than P1!
    Law school is a 3 year exersize in mind control--Thomas Newcomb

N400(P.O.S. )-->S.E. T608-->Treo 650-->moto rzr-->xv6700-->pn-820 but I really miss my Treo!!
  12.    #12  
    More painless, yea right. Let's see, your painless method involves carrying an extra phone and swapping between them, yea, sure, painless...

I give up, I'm sick and tired of people taking my help for granted and insulting it the next day. I quit. Everyone here at TreoCentral, goodluck, I'm gone.

BOY, You do have some EGO don't you. Just by someone simply suggesting an alternative to your semi-complex solution at the least and you act insulted.
    I have detailed files.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_lady
    Hey, IF you can do better than Shadowmite...put up or shutup! Leave him alone, at least he cares and does a damn far site better for all of us than P1!
    Nobody directed anything personal at Mr. Shadowmite. I acknowledged his great efforts towards the Treo community.
    I simply stated a remotely possible alternative
    I have detailed files.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treominator
    Nobody directed anything personal at Mr. Shadowmite. I acknowledged his great efforts towards the Treo community.
    I simply stated a remotely possible alternative
    you're gonna get it now.

One loser cyborg does not a community make.

Hang in there. Do it for the fun, not for the nitpicking trolls.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
  16. jmt
    Shadowmite, please don't let one uncaring person affect you. There are thousands of us who are extremely grateful for all of your contributions. Please stay.
    Nice job Treominator. I hope Shadow is kidding or you're in trouble.

"BOY, You do have some EGO don't you."

"Nobody directed anything personal at Mr. Shadowmite. I acknowledged his great efforts towards the Treo community."

Are you on drugs? How do you contradict so well?
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmt
    Shadowmite, please don't let one uncaring person affect you. There are thousands of us who are extremely grateful for all of your contributions. Please stay.

Congratulations on your first post.
    I have detailed files.
    Congratulations on your 229th. With a little luck its your last.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    he's probably a longtime lurker. him finally registering and posting should be an indication as to how much he appreciates both the work put into this board, as well as its members.
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast