Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by kalex
    treominator,

its very simple "DON'T LIKE IT, DON'T USE IT" use your (very stupid method) of carrying an extra cell phone with you. But don't insult shadowmite, who has given more to the treo community than you.

First of all, I simply asked to start thinking out of the box, which some folks obviously are totally incapable of doing.

The CINGULAR DUN patch process is NOT a simple one. I have included threads (a few of many) that indicate that. The SPRINT one may work fine but that does not concern THIS thread. A LOT of people were having problems with the DUN patch to work with Cingular.
    Not everyone sits around playing with their settings, so my weak little solution IS a plausability in case you already had a second bluetooth phone.

Secondly, I have not used ANY, ZERO, patches from Shadowmite, so my Treo existence does not depend on him.

Thirdly, Shadowmite was hand$omly rewarded by his own admission for his efforts, so regardless whether he wanted to accept the money for his work, it was NOT free.

I use a zillion FREEWARE apps on my Treo - Diddlebug, KeyCaps some of which work fine and some do not. Just becasue they are free does not make them free from criticism or accolade.

Shadowmites patch is a workaround for making a partial aspect of Bluetooth workable for a partial population of Treo owners.

There was no personal attack on Shadowmite until he decided to throw a tantrum about his patch being the end all be all solution.
    If he does not want to work with Treo patches anymore, thats his problem. My world does not revolve involve around Shadowmite's work.
    I also paid good money for MY phone, NOT shadowmite. As such, I plan on discussing whatever the heck I want to discuss on the Treo 650 forum.
    I have detailed files.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treominator
    Secondly, I have not used ANY, ZERO, patches from Shadowmite, so my Treo existence does not depend on him.
    So you criticized an option you never even tried yourself.

You're talking about "thinking outside the box" when you never actually tried to see how good the current box is.

Anyway, you've ticked off plenty people and for what? Over something you never even used yourself .
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell
    So you criticized an option you never even tried yourself.

You're talking about "thinking outside the box" when you never actually tried to see how good the current box is.

Anyway, you've ticked off plenty people and for what? Over something you never even used yourself .
    No, I DID try using the Cingular patch before hitting a wall and hunting for solution to get over that wall resulted in no progress (as indicated in the threads I came across and shown in a previous post)

I am not here to run a popularity contest amongst usernames and online entities. I am here to discuss mu high end phone to get feedback and provide feedback - good or bad.
    I have detailed files.
    Well Treominator, as you can see you've earned yourself plenty of bad feedback.
    You guys also have to keep in mind that Treominator revised his initial post. I'm sure it was more of a personal attack at Master Shadowmite at first. He has probably removed the attacks and now it's making Shadowmite look bad.

I would have returned the phone has it not been for the Voice w/DUN patch and the carkit updater link.

THANK YOU SHADOWMITE.
    From what I remember from other Treominator threads I've been involved in, he's an ahole -- but I think he's getting a bum rap here.

He didn't make any direct insulting remarks to Shadowmite, and I do think Shadow is acting like a baby. We appreciate his help, and he gets more than his share of constant praise from us, but if he's gonna throw his hands up and snub the world cause he took offense to some comment of Treominator's, that's being pretty lame.
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by choile
    You guys also have to keep in mind that Treominator revised his initial post. I'm sure it was more of a personal attack at Master Shadowmite at first. He has probably removed the attacks and now it's making Shadowmite look bad.

I would have returned the phone has it not been for the Voice w/DUN patch and the carkit updater link.

THANK YOU SHADOWMITE.
    The only "modification" I made to the original post was to add the word "patch" at the end of my Initial thread title after the thread was hijacked and started leaning towards his patch issue.
    But then I decided not to focus on the patch in particular but the DUN concept in general and Un-modified my post back to the original title in a matter of minutes.

Let me restate, MY thread was hijacked by Shadowmite's fanclub. The direction the thread was supposed to be headed was to discuss amongst other things-

possible EDGE capable Bluetooth phones already out there

any difference in speeds using a standard phone over a Treo to connect

someone to chime in and say the patch worked fine for him with Cingular with a detailed list of instructions how!
    I have detailed files.
  8.    #68  
    [QUOTE=Joebar]From what I remember from other Treominator threads I've been involved in, he's an ahole -- but I think he's getting a bum rap here.

I think a quick review of my past threads under my username should question the credibility of the above (might I add, very ironic) remark.
    I have detailed files.
    hehe good luck
    The whole "turn" happend in post #5 and #7. Shadowmite simply mentioned his patch works and Treominator followed up by using info from Shadowmite's own site against Shadowmite's claims that his patch works. Just the same the info from Shadowmite's site simply told folks how to use the patch properly. Can't say it appears that the information Treominator posted really showed a "problem" with the patch. Shadowmite just wants folks to use it properly.

At that point Shadowmite left. If folks are gonna give him a hard time he does not need the hassle. He's the guy actually providing something while others are talking about it.

Nobody hijacked this thread Treominator. You took a shot and now it is what it is...
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    as i said in the other thread, shadowmite isn't going anywhere. it seems like some of you people never step out of this forum. in fact if you are such shadowmite fans, have you not visited his website lately? he even said that he will continue his work but will not post here anymore. some of you people act like it's the f-ing end of the world.
    Palm III -> Sony Clie 73V + Sony Ericsson 610 -> Sony Ericcson P900 -> Nokia 6600 + IPAQ 4150 -> Treo 650 -> BenQ P50 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> HTC Titan (Sprint Mogul)
    DUDE....
    Treominator....What have you contributed to this forum besides sarcasm and hurt....
    SHADOWMITE is a gift!!!! His patch makes a load of difference...and who the heck would want to carry around 2 different phones anyways??? The point of the Treo was to eliminate all the other crap in the first place.
    Way to go buddy...
    I used nearly all of Shadowmite's patches. GREAT WORK Shadowmite!

As far as the alternative to use another phone. well thats just stupid in my opinion.
    1) you gotta pay for the second phone.
    2) you gotta keep switching sim cards
    3) you gotta carry around the second phone (especially for me who keeps neccesity items in laptop case)

Here's the alternative that makes more sense:
    Pay $34 and get PDANet for Treo 650. Its support bluetooth and usb cable. Its very stable. And this has been mentioned as an alternative in many of the DUN problem threads. As for me, I already paid PDANet for Treo 600 and just don't use it that much for me to give another $30 for the upgrade. I'm OK with using Shadowmite patch even with all the resets I have to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treominator
    Let me restate, MY thread was hijacked by Shadowmite's fanclub.
    Waaaaaaa!

Unlocked GSM Palm 650.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234