Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone else noticed that the first press of a hard button does not always wake up the Treo when the screen on off? Often times I have to press a button twice to get teh device to come on. It's most annoying when the screen goes off (b/c of timed inactivity) while I'm reading and e-mail or web page. When it goes off I immediately press the power button and almost always nothing happens. I have to press it again. Anyone else experience this?
    yep
    yes, me too.
    yep
    this is not an accident, this is art.
    just started happening on mine (CDMA)
    And it is EXTREMELY annoying!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Same here.

Since day one with my Cingular and now with my unlocked.

Very annoying.
    Yep, same here.
    The delay is caused by the NVFS. When the 650 goes to sleep, it writes data back to the NVFS which causes the momentary delay. The same thing happens if you use the red power button to turn it off... it takes a second or 2 before you can turn it back on.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    This happens to me even when the 650 has been off for hours.
    ^Same here. It not just a symptom of quickly switching the unit back on.
    I get a bigger delay when Bluetooth is on. Turn it off and see if that helps.
    Zane
    Hmmm. Based on a quick check. Disabling bluetooth seems to make the problem go away.

Not much help for those of us who need bluetooth on all/most of the time. But might help someone find a fix.
    This consistiently happens to me. a) I never have bluetooth on and b) it can happen after a quick off/on or one that's been a while.
    BT is the main culprit, other chat apps also contribut to this problem
    Treoing & Loving it
    me too. BT, Chatter, VeriC 24/7
    Yep, this happens to me from time-to-time but not always. And, I only use BT to HotSync or with my headset.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650 | T-Mobile
    Received: 2/10/2005
    I've noticed this quite a bit; use Verichat 24/7; don't use Chatter or BT, if any of that seems to matter...
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle
    The delay is caused by the NVFS. When the 650 goes to sleep, it writes data back to the NVFS which causes the momentary delay. The same thing happens if you use the red power button to turn it off... it takes a second or 2 before you can turn it back on.
    Nope .. problem has absolutely nothing to do with NVFS .. my phone can be off for hours hit the green phone button nothing .. hit again it will turn on.

99.9% of the time it takes 2 button presses to turn my treo on from any mode.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast