1.    #1  
    i'm a new VDX owner, and i'm using multimail pro w/conduit on a mac. despite adjusting the email size preference, every message which is sent or received to/from outlook express is truncated, cut off, snipped. this doesn't happen if i send the email from my visor directly. i'm at a loss. does anyone have an idea why this continues to happen??

many thanks,

david r.
    koffedrnkr@earthlink.net
    I hate seeing messages just sitting unanswered, but there just may not be that many folks using your platform and combination of apps. I can report that MMP works fine without the conduit (I sync directly to a couple of mail servers). Have you tried contacting Actual's tech support directly?
    Just a thought, but did you set up the account for IMAP? It might be only getting the header or a short piece of the email if you did.

RadarGreg
    I'll take a stab at it... could it be that you somehow have the demo/trial version of the conduit installed? I remember the truncated messages when I was checking it out.

I'm using a similar setup but only syncing my e-mail to the Visor to have it handy for reference. I did have to do some editing of one of the applescripts to get the first line of messages sync'd over to the Visor.

I'll dig up some of the notes from my trials and tribulations if you think it will help.

Good luck!
    I am having the same problem. I hate when my mail truncates when I hotsync. So far I have tried Mail+ and Eudoramail and it does the same thing! Is there any email software out there that will download your email from your desktop in full?
    Originally posted by yardie:
    I am having the same problem. I hate when my mail truncates when I hotsync. So far I have tried Mail+ and Eudoramail and it does the same thing! Is there any email software out there that will download your email from your desktop in full?
    Do you Eudora 1.1.1 for the Palm platform? That has a drop down menu in "Hotsynch Configuration which lets you download 15k from the desktop, which is probably big enough for most emails.

John Nowak:

15K might be big enough for my regular mail but ain't big enough for my ezines . What is the point of these limits anyways?
    John Nowak:

15K might be big enough for my regular mail but ain't big enough for my ezines .
    Ah well. Worth a shot.

John Nowak:
    What is the point of these limits anyways?
    Beats me; I imagine it makes coding a lot simpler to establish some large, but arbitrary limit.
    I'm using MultiMail Pro with the Windows conduit and, as far as I can tell, there seems to be a built in limit of 60000bytes (58.59kb), not including the mail header.

My MMPro client is set to accept the first 256kb.

There does not appear to be a setting on the conduit to change the maximum message size.

No help at all, I know, but at least you know it's not just you.
    The 60K limit is also mentioned in the MultiMail PRO manual...

Maximum Size - This allows you to configure the maximum size of an
    email message. If the message you are trying to download is larger than
    the maximum configured size, it will get truncated. You cannot set this
    value to be grater than 60.