I want to register a kb control app.
    could anybody give some suggestion on mlights versus kblightsoff?
    thanks
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    stick with kblightoff - works great on the 650
    I have never played with mlights, but I love kblightsoff. Works great and stable. IMO it a must have for the 650
    Quote Originally Posted by akai
    I want to register a kb control app.
    could anybody give some suggestion on mlights versus kblightsoff?
    thanks
    They both have their pros and cons.
    Unless there have been new builds they are

KBlights
    Pros- Price ($5ish) will let you toggle the keyboard lights
    Cons-Will not autodim based on selected times

mLights
    Pros- Will Auto DIm the the device. Day= Display only. Night=Dim display with keyboard lights on (in both day and night you still retain the option+rightshift for dim override)
    Cons-Price ($7ish) Not able to toggle the keyboard lights (if you are on a dark place during the day)

I have both, I am using mLights as of now becasue I am lazy and like the autodim.

Hope this helps, Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by g.711
    stick with kblightoff - works great on the 650
    What was your reason to go with kblightoff verse mLights?
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    What was your reason to go with kblightoff verse mLights?
    After reading about mlights, the big reason for me would be the toggle. I find that about 90% of the time i either dont need or want my keyboard lights on, but when i want them on, i want them on. I much prefer a quick double click on the extra side buttong to turn them off and on to any presets.
    Also may want to check out the beta version of Brightcam for the 650.

http://mytreo.net/downloads/modules....etails/lid/236
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I have a 600 and am looking for a program such as kblightoff. From what I can tell mlights works with the 600 but also controls the screeen. I am using profiles to control my screen and want to keep it that way. Is their a program for the 600 that contols KB lights only?
    Boss - > Pilot -> Casioppieia A -> IIIc -> Clie SJ33 -> Treo 600
    Quote Originally Posted by tdjenkins
    I have a 600 and am looking for a program such as kblightoff. From what I can tell mlights works with the 600 but also controls the screeen. I am using profiles to control my screen and want to keep it that way. Is their a program for the 600 that contols KB lights only?
    That's what I'm looking for also: A utility that does just one thing, turn the keyboard oights on or off.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad