Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. akai's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
       #1  
    I want to register a kb control app.
    could anybody give some suggestion on mlights versus kblightsoff?
    thanks
  2. g.711's Avatar
    Posts
    550 Posts
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    #2  
    stick with kblightoff - works great on the 650
  3. #3  
    I have never played with mlights, but I love kblightsoff. Works great and stable. IMO it a must have for the 650
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by akai
    I want to register a kb control app.
    could anybody give some suggestion on mlights versus kblightsoff?
    thanks
    They both have their pros and cons.
    Unless there have been new builds they are

    KBlights
    Pros- Price ($5ish) will let you toggle the keyboard lights
    Cons-Will not autodim based on selected times

    mLights
    Pros- Will Auto DIm the the device. Day= Display only. Night=Dim display with keyboard lights on (in both day and night you still retain the option+rightshift for dim override)
    Cons-Price ($7ish) Not able to toggle the keyboard lights (if you are on a dark place during the day)

    I have both, I am using mLights as of now becasue I am lazy and like the autodim.

    Hope this helps, Matt
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by g.711
    stick with kblightoff - works great on the 650
    What was your reason to go with kblightoff verse mLights?
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    What was your reason to go with kblightoff verse mLights?
    After reading about mlights, the big reason for me would be the toggle. I find that about 90% of the time i either dont need or want my keyboard lights on, but when i want them on, i want them on. I much prefer a quick double click on the extra side buttong to turn them off and on to any presets.
  7. #7  
    Also may want to check out the beta version of Brightcam for the 650.

    http://mytreo.net/downloads/modules....etails/lid/236
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  8. #8  
    I have a 600 and am looking for a program such as kblightoff. From what I can tell mlights works with the 600 but also controls the screeen. I am using profiles to control my screen and want to keep it that way. Is their a program for the 600 that contols KB lights only?
    Boss - > Pilot -> Casioppieia A -> IIIc -> Clie SJ33 -> Treo 600
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by tdjenkins
    I have a 600 and am looking for a program such as kblightoff. From what I can tell mlights works with the 600 but also controls the screeen. I am using profiles to control my screen and want to keep it that way. Is their a program for the 600 that contols KB lights only?
    That's what I'm looking for also: A utility that does just one thing, turn the keyboard oights on or off.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad

Posting Permissions