1.    #1  
    Does anyone have any problems with Blazer not recognizing .php webpages? I can't seem to get onto www.3gforfree.com since it says that the .php page is an unrecognized format. The weird thing is that I can get to the page on my friend's T650 using Blazer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_V
    Does anyone have any problems with Blazer not recognizing .php webpages? I can't seem to get onto www.3gforfree.com since it says that the .php page is an unrecognized format. The weird thing is that I can get to the page on my friend's T650 using Blazer.
    I have this same problem with Blazer and attachments in TreoCentral. Instead of downloading the attachment, Blazer tells me it is a PHP and does not know how to open it. I asked about this a month or so ago, and got no response. So, I chalked it up to one of the many 650 oddities that only hit people sporadically... let me know if you find a solution!
    - Dan Butterfield (dan@butterfields.net)
    download it to your sd card. then use filez to chang it from .php to .zip. then remeber where it's saved. Then go in snappermail or versamail and start to compose an email . now add an attachment. add the zip file you just downloaded that is residing on your sd card. as soon as it's attached, open it up with handzipper & you're set! good luck
    Please, oh please, can someone find a solution. Blazer has no idea what to do w/ php files.......but its obvious the extension is all that throws it off. Ideas?? This needs to get resolved.

Dale
    Quote Originally Posted by danjb
    I have this same problem with Blazer and attachments in TreoCentral. Instead of downloading the attachment, Blazer tells me it is a PHP and does not know how to open it. I asked about this a month or so ago, and got no response. So, I chalked it up to one of the many 650 oddities that only hit people sporadically... let me know if you find a solution!
    Like treoneo said, I download whatever it is as a .php to my SD card, then use zLauncher's file manager (filez works fine too) to change the extension to whatever it's supposed to be. In the case of a prc or pdb or something, you can then move the file from the SD card to your Treo using the file manager as well if you want it in RAM.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    That's messed up. Regardless of extensin it should just render the html.

Try clearing your cache.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_V
    Did you actually look at the page: http://www.3gforfree.com/phone.php on your browser? It's in a very strange format that neither Mozilla nor IE will show either. So that's probably why Blazer will not show it either. If you choose the "I am browsing from my PC" link instead, Blazer will show the page just fine.
    In general PHP works fine on a treo.

check out the speed tester i wrote

http://benny.com/stest/stest.php

works great on the treo to test the node im on.

-b
    Last edited by bennyb0y; 03/31/2005 at 11:33 AM.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    The problem is that the .php code to download the file is not setting the filename and extension properly. It is upto the server to identify the filetype, and if it doesn't understand the filetype it defaults to text/html which will attempt to display in your browser. That is what is happening for http://www.3gforfree.com/phone.php . Since something is downloading to the Treo, it was identifying the file type as a binary file, but the extension was not set properly in the php script, and that is why the Treo won't accept the file properly.

The script should be doing something similar to:
    header("Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=".$filename.";");
    where $filename is the full filename with the extension. Without that it will try to download the file as the page name which happens to end in .php.