1.    #1  
    I'm wondering if anyone would know/write a little app which resides as a normal icon in the launcher, and once launched, would disconnect whatever network connection is currently active. This is badly needed IMO...

Update:

Sorry if I'm not making myself clear. What I mean by "network" is the data services network under "Prefs -> Network", ie. GPRS. Not phone (or wireless mode) disconnect. I'm wondering if there's a little tool that disconnects any active connection when you tap on it.

I see the "disconnect" function available in VersaMail and WebPro. I like how it disconnects any active connection and the way it displays a simple popup message with the words "disconnecting." Perhaps someone can take the code from there and compile it into a little prc? I know this feature is available in many other utilities, but for the same reason some people use a simple soft reset tool instead of the soft reset function in another app, i'd like the same for network disconnect too.
    Last edited by rudychow; 02/26/2005 at 02:53 AM.
    Try Radio control:

http://www.clanhobbs.org/treo/?q=node/1

Simple and free....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    Sorry if I'm not making myself clear. What I mean by "network" is the data services network under "Prefs -> Network", ie. GPRS. Not phone (or wireless mode) disconnect. I'm wondering if there's a little tool that disconnects any active connection when you tap on it.

I see the "disconnect" function available in VersaMail and WebPro. I like how it disconnects any active connection and the way it displays a simple popup message with the words "disconnecting." Perhaps someone can take the code from there and compile it into a little prc? I know this feature is available in many other utilities, but for the same reason some people use a simple soft reset tool instead of the soft reset function in another app, i'd like the same for network disconnect too.
    try treohelper
    <center>Ultimate portal
    www.WebOnYourCell.com
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Here it is ! this little da is called NetConnectDA, very small, very useful , and it is free.

u can launch this da via McPhling or another DA launcher.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Handspring treo 90/180/600
    pa1m0ne Treo650 palm Treo 680, palm Treo750,Centro,Samsung i780, Now Treo Pro
    Treoguard
    I can't find any "one-tap" solutions for this (but how hard could it be to write an app that simply disconnects the network connection and quits? -- hint hint, for you coders out there!!). The closest I've found is NetSelect, though, which works ok:

http://www.79bmedia.com/netselect
    I'm trying out NetSelect and so far, so good! The other apps mentioned here don't exactly fit the bill, although I use TreoGuard for other reasons.

The DA also works (you need a DA launcher) but it takes as long to get to the DA as it does to get to Network Preferences.
    Exterminate!

Palm Pilot-> Palm Pilot 1MG upgrade-> Palm IIIx-> Visor Deluxe-> Visor Prism-> Clie N610c-> Verizon Kyocera 7135-> Verizon Treo 600-> Sprint Treo 650 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Sprint Touch -> Sprint Diamond
    Quote Originally Posted by rudychow
    I'm wondering if anyone would know/write a little app which resides as a normal icon in the launcher, and once launched, would disconnect whatever network connection is currently active. This is badly needed IMO...

Update:

Try Treo off/on (www.thequickster.com)....while it has many many features, including radio control , schedule,etc, it also has a "Disconnect GPRS sessions" as a single button option. I believe it is still freeware. (the feature is on page 2 which is the default start page).

correction: the quickster seems to not be distributing TreoOffOn anymore...here is link to the posts for it (including the prc):
    http://treo.discussion.treocentral.c...2&page=2&pp=20
    Last edited by basic; 03/08/2005 at 04:06 PM.
    Ah, but it's only for GSM phones...we Sprinters (and Verizoners) are out of luck on that.
    Exterminate!

Palm Pilot-> Palm Pilot 1MG upgrade-> Palm IIIx-> Visor Deluxe-> Visor Prism-> Clie N610c-> Verizon Kyocera 7135-> Verizon Treo 600-> Sprint Treo 650 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Sprint Touch -> Sprint Diamond
    I really like this app...would have liked it more if it were only $5, but I liked it well enough to register it for both the 650's in our home.
    Exterminate!