Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Why they donít start to compensate peoples with defective treo s. its totally cingular and palm one fault , arenít they suppose to test the treo with all sim cards before they release it. the worse thing even they dont bother to inform u about the problems ....
    I lost many clients because I cant get to my voice mail on the road
    I'm with ya, whattaya wanna do?

Inform you? Well, to this moment most Cingular reps have no clue about problems with the T650. They've never heard of Gemplus; the maker of the 64K SIM card they keep snapping and sticking in phones.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    I'm with ya, whattaya wanna do?

Inform you? Well, to this moment most Cingular reps have no clue about problems with the T650. They've never heard of Gemplus; the maker of the 64K SIM card they keep snapping and sticking in phones.
    Trust me they know every thing but they are playing games so the can buy time i dont know why?
    almost 2 weeks ago i sent their level 2 supervisor the link where palm one state there is problem with the sim card and she said she will forward it to the all techs. until now the claim that they have no clue about the sim card isues!!!!
  4.    #4  
    So no one!!! every one else have no problems with treo 650
    Relax, it's still early on a Saturday. Why don't you just return it? Cingular will compensate you the amount you've already paid.
    Quote Originally Posted by hberbout123
    So no one!!! every one else have no problems with treo 650

You're gonna get slammed hard for this thread, there are fanboys on here that swear the T650 has NO PROBLEMS. dispite the stickys on this board, and threads like this: @ PalmOne

"They say my ghetto instrumental detrimental to kids, as if they can't see the misery in which they live." Krazy -Tupac Shakur

"Should we cry when the pope die? My request, we should cry if they cried when we buried Malcom X." Blasphemy - Tupac Shakur
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    Relax, it's still early on a Saturday. Why don't you just return it? Cingular will compensate you the amount you've already paid.
    how can i relax if the tech support that i called advice me to check my voice mail from land linephone or a pay phone and im paying 150 $/month

i left tmobile beacuse of this crap....
    Oh, boy, another feller wants PalmOne and Cingular to be responsible for their screw-ups. Good luck. They are NOT taking responsibility any time soon, and as long as the TREO 650's still sell, they are not inclined to change anything at all. Most people here on this board are ready, willing, and anxious to deal with whatever problems their telephone has so they don't have to live without the precious fantastic SCREEN.

Personally, I ain't buying a TREO 650 until PalmOne tells us that it KNOWS about the problems and has a fix for them.
    Why don't you just go into a Cingular store and tell them to exchange your sim card for an Axalto - 64k card which corrects the problem? If they have a problem with the switch just tell them that their "Product Management Group" told you to exchange the card. I had no voicemail problems after the switch.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    I have a sprint version that was one of the first ones out, i got mine Dec 3 2004. the sprint store had not sold any at all they said, Mine is perfect, aside from the programs that I put on it and the bugs I created its a great machine, no stuck keys, no loose plugs, great sound quality..... Im really wondering why so many have problems, maybe i got lucky cause my treo rocks, i have dropped it from the inside coat pocket in my jacket and it landed on the platice chair roller mat covering the carpet floor at the office so it has some abuse already. mine would have to die completely before i exchanged it
    Mt
    Trust me they know every thing but they are playing games so the can buy time i dont know why?
    almost 2 weeks ago i sent their level 2 supervisor the link where palm one state there is problem with the sim card and she said she will forward it to the all techs. until now the claim that they have no clue about the sim card isues!!!!
    Believe me, with all these phone companies when they say they will send out a memo to all the techs, either they don't read it or it never happens.

I don't understand why the voicemail issue is so upsetting? Dial the firggin number yourself, or set another favorite button to dial it. using the shortcut "v" for voicemail. It will be solved, these are very large companies.

Now if the phone was constantly resetting or you couldn't make calls, I would understand your frustration .

I have GSM and have the same voicemail issue, I thought it was solved but it isn't. It just doesn't happen very often, and I need to go get my sims replaced.
    Quote Originally Posted by GWB
    Most people here on this board are ready, willing, and anxious to deal with whatever problems their telephone has so they don't have to live without the precious fantastic SCREEN.
    hahahaha, GDubya, you crack me up
    I crack myself up sometimes, too...
    Why they donít start to compensate peoples with defective treo s. its totally cingular and palm one fault , arenít they suppose to test the treo with all sim cards before they release it. the worse thing even they dont bother to inform u about the problems ....
    I lost many clients because I cant get to my voice mail on the road

seriously, nobody forced you to buy the treo 650
    simple, if you don't like it, return it!
    also, be thankful that you're in the land of uncle sam and its 14, 30 or 3 months return no questions asked policy is in effect, try doing that in some other places, you would need to sell it as a second hand goods!
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabricguy
    Why don't you just go into a Cingular store and tell them to exchange your sim card for an Axalto - 64k card which corrects the problem? If they have a problem with the switch just tell them that their "Product Management Group" told you to exchange the card. I had no voicemail problems after the switch.

err maybe he's like me and Phone support WOULDN'T send a new one,
    because they have no way to tell if what they are shipping is A or G
    and all the corporate stores in Northern L.A. don't HAVE any Axolto cards

so instead of having a dead phone for a 2 weeks or more I PAID $50!
    at an independent Cin/T-mo/Sprint/Ver store to get 2 'A' cards for our two 650's
    of course since they are independent Cingular would authorise them to swap me for free

I demand my $50 back, fat chance
    I want a <snip>, but that doesn't mean it is happening...

Criminey, TC has become a bastion of whiners. I'm not a fan of F1, but at least I know going in that they are selling a beta product (with a great SCREEN :-) ).

As Morpheus said, "welcome to the real world".
    Last edited by MarkEagle; 02/26/2005 at 02:51 PM. Reason: innappropriate content
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    I want a <snip>, but that doesn't mean it is happening...

Criminey, TC has become a bastion of whiners. I'm not a fan of F1, but at least I know going in that they are selling a beta product (with a great SCREEN :-) ).

As Morpheus said, "welcome to the real world".

So I should have to scour a place like TC and pay money out of my own pocket for a fix that Cingular has put in place
    but is too fat, lazy and stupid to at least INFORM their own corporate stores about in a tiny little town like Los Angeles?

My bad, I never had a PDA or Palm device before this, but was a loyal Cingular subcriber for the last 8 years, my friend bought a Sprint 650 months ago and it worked fine, he recommended it.
    I went to Cnet ... and it got good reviews, I don't remember where they said BETA product, especially since it's been on Sprint for months

I call Cingular and get a good deal over the phone to sign on for 2 MORE years and get a phone that has a locked up numberpad/ blanking screen and reboots everytime my phone rings (25-30 times a day)

I bought a bluetooth enabled quad-band phone that had PDA features, which I though I would grow into
    Instead of that, I get a phone that because of bad QA with Gemplus SIMS
    I damn near couldn't use at all for a week, and I would still be waiting for it to work if I sat around waiting For Cing and P1 to support thier customers.

in The REAL WORLD, you do business that way, you go out of business

and there is a difference between complaining about a bad product( Gemplus)
    and crappy CS (cingular and their corp stores) and WHINING

I like my 650, but that crap I had to put up with as a new PDA-phone buyer with Cingular is almost enough to make me regret this decision

thank God for TC, otherwise I would have returned it
    BTW Cingular still ows me $50
    Last edited by Frank M; 02/26/2005 at 03:52 PM.
    This is not some stupid flippy phone with all thats available is downloading ringotones off a limited web browser.
    This is basically a computer which can crash becasue of faulty sofware.
    Micro$oft has problems all the time, why not sue them too for Windows!
    You should be glad that Cingular at least attempted to make this phone available to the public in a decent amount of time.
    The reps at a Cingular store deal with a Treo about 1% of the time, why do they care about the nitty gritty behind different types of SIM chips for one stinking phone that they most likely do not even carry on their store shelves. All they have is some silly game phone or one with a nicer camera.

You and I made the decision of being a beta tester for PalmOne, so if anyone they are the ones who need to provide fixes...quickly.
    I have detailed files.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank M
    ....I would still be waiting for it to work if I sat around waiting For Cing and P1 to support thier customers.

in The REAL WORLD, you do business that way, you go out of business

and there is a difference between complaining about a bad product( Gemplus)
    and crappy CS (cingular and their corp stores) and WHINING

I like my 650, but that crap I had to put up with as a new PDA-phone buyer with Cingular is almost enough to make me regret this decision

thank God for TC, otherwise I would have returned it
    BTW Cingular still ows me $50
    But you DID keep the telephone, right? How will Cingular and especially PalmOne ever get the message if they keep selling the darn TREO's, even to people who are as upset as Frank here is?

I just don't understand why this little thing has inspired so much devotion to the point where you good people will jump through all these hoops to make it run in the first place.....must be that FANTASTIC SCREEN
    Frank,

Sounds like Cingular sucks. Wow. What a surprise (not).

The can barely spell PDA let alone support them.

The bottom line is F1 only cares if carriers buy the phone, and carriers will put users back to F1 is there are any issue. It's the perfect closed loop of non-responsibility.

The point is that there is TONS of info on the 650 out there...having problems should not be surprising at all.

Caveat emptor.

oh, and if anyone was wondering what was snipped from my original post, it had to do with Beyonce and what happens to birthday cakes.

(I guess it's okay for mods to talk about topless pictures in one thread, but not to allow pithy responses in other threads).
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast