Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by GWB
    But you DID keep the telephone, right? How will Cingular and especially PalmOne ever get the message if they keep selling the darn TREO's, even to people who are as upset as Frank here is?

I just don't understand why this little thing has inspired so much devotion to the point where you good people will jump through all these hoops to make it run in the first place.....must be that FANTASTIC SCREEN
    P1 isn't my big problem, Cingular IS

yeah P1 could have fixed/improved some stuff
    BT implementation/ Camera, built-in memory
    but that stuff works pretty good for a n00b like me

my major gripe is the ridulously easy fix
    that the Axalto SIM card has made to my 650 experience
    and the absolutely abysmal excecution of that fix by Cingular
    and their "captive" stores and the worthless CSR's at 866-CINGULAR

my 650 is currently 100% rock-solid and a great little toy/phone

but until I bought it I never KNEW about TC, now I'm here an hour/day
    and not because I'm checking out some app or accessory
    it's in anticipation of another VM/reset bug
    That *I* will have to fix for Cingular

BTW GWB, THE SCREEN IS FANTASTIC
  2.    #22  
    [I don't understand why the voicemail issue is so upsetting? Dial the firggin number yourself, or set another favorite button to dial it. using the shortcut "v" for voicemail. It will be solved, these are very large companies.

I Tried it did not work my (voice mail password does not match) so i have to call them again to reset it
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabricguy
    Why don't you just go into a Cingular store and tell them to exchange your sim card for an Axalto - 64k card which corrects the problem? If they have a problem with the switch just tell them that their "Product Management Group" told you to exchange the card. I had no voicemail problems after the switch.
    i tried all of the above this my third unit already 64 G 64 A NOW IM LOOKING FOR 32K which is no one has
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    Believe me, with all these phone companies when they say they will send out a memo to all the techs, either they don't read it or it never happens.

I don't understand why the voicemail issue is so upsetting? Dial the firggin number yourself, or set another favorite button to dial it. using the shortcut "v" for voicemail. It will be solved, these are very large companies.

Now if the phone was constantly resetting or you couldn't make calls, I would understand your frustration .

I have GSM and have the same voicemail issue, I thought it was solved but it isn't. It just doesn't happen very often, and I need to go get my sims replaced.
    my problem is the voice mail and the reset issues
    i cant get my masseges becaause of the pasword issues
    each time they reset my pasword the phone work fine but when i turn off or synchronize it the the voice mail # and the pasword get messed up again
    Quote Originally Posted by hberbout123
    each time they reset my pasword the phone work fine but when i turn off or synchronize it the the voice mail # and the pasword get messed up again

have you changed your sim card? from other threads, it seems that the gemplus sim card is the one causing all these problem
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by wolwol
    have you changed your sim card? from other threads, it seems that the gemplus sim card is the one causing all these problem
    i tried G AND A 64K Im trying 32k if i can find one
    Did you port you number recently? One of my 650's is having an issue where the phone rings but every few days if the phone is unanswered the call goes to someone elses voicemail.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I've got a 32k G for ya, but the damn thing doesn't make a lick of difference. Also, since when are we beta testers? I don't recall seeing that on the product description or in the manual. I do recall paying half a thousand dollars for a defective product...

Also, you don't have to give up the phone to make a statement, just keep sending the thing back as defective. Don't tell me they're not going to lose money on all the lightly used refurb phones they're going to have.

my two cents...
    your two cents, and their millions of dollar losses as the returns pile up. I think PalmOne is sinking its own ship; no need for external help.

________
    Message sent via Moto V551 BT DUN, easy connection and fast EDGE speed
    Why they donít start to compensate peoples with defective treo s. its totally cingular and palm one fault , arenít they suppose to test the treo with all sim cards before they release it. the worse thing even they dont bother to inform u about the problems ....
    I lost many clients because I cant get to my voice mail on the road
    shut up. i have had many palm devices over the years and never have i had the problems that you all claim to have. sure there are occasional bugs that are serious such as the sd card being burned up on the T3. but they get resolved.i think most of you people who are complaining are just so picky. you expect everything to be perfect. i know many people like you that always have problems with any electronic device. it seems to me that most of the problems are created by the user. in fact i have never had any electronic device that i would term as a failure. bottom line do your research ahead of time and learn how to use it properly.
    Allow me to quote Khan:

"You are in a position to demand nothing."
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12