1.    #1  
    I tried installing this on the 650 and found it buggy...does anyone know if there is a compatible avantgo version for the Treo 650's?

Thanks!
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Possibly you have the wrong version? This one works for me: http://my.avantgo.com/downloads/5.7/AgPalmEN.exe, Note: It will start download.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks...does it have to be in main memory to work properly?
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    fkjr2:

No, AG does not need to be in main memory. However, the app AGConnect (its pretty small). I have everything else on SD card. Works great.
    have you been able to hotsync and get the data onto the SD card as well?
    AvantGo always copies to main memory on 600 no matter what teh prefs are set for UNLESS you do a wireless avantgo sync.
    How did you get Avantgo on the SD card? I tried to move just it and leave AGConnect but it would not sync. Are there other files that also need to be moved?
    My Avantgo was working great from the card, until tonight. I erased something (not sure what, yet) now it doesn't work right. Just my luck I guess....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    You can keep the AvantGo app in memory and store all of the data on your SD card. They have a tech document about it on their site. I stopped using Avantgo because it doesn't get me anything anymore. The fast web access on my Treo 650 more than compensates for anything I can sync with AvantGo. Now that I can get driving directions via SMS from Yahoo, I don't need the Mapquest feature of AvantoGo either. Good riddens!

Joe
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Anyone have problems with Avantgo and GoodLink?
    my 650 seems to crash more than half the time I try to leave Avantgo by pressing the Home button which should take me to the Goodlink "home" page.

quake97 is right: you can go to certain settings to have the data on the SD card. Look in their website and do a search and you'll find it.
    Isn't there a website that will just give you driving directions without installing Avantgo? I don't need the maps either.
    I have yet to get it to save data on my SD card, the Card option is blank, no way to select a card. Anyone *really* done this on a 650?
    Make sure you name you card and then it will probably show up.
    Unfortuantely it's not likely to save to the card even iif you can select (it's never worked on my 600 so I stopped using it)
    Nice thing with AvantGo is you can preload a bunch of things directly from your computer network connection. Faster, cheaper (no data costs) and you can read it while on a plane.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    I followed the instructions in post #17 in this tread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...3&page=2&pp=16

I've been running both the app and the data off of my card ever since. Regular hotsync still works. It's kind of slow, but freed up quite a bit of memory (on my Treo600).

Edited... had the wrong post.
    Last edited by santa; 05/25/2005 at 09:07 PM.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    Consider yourself lucky since none of that works for me.
    COOL! Named the card as suggested, and it shows up and I can select it now in AgConnect. Cleared cache/channels (Freeing up 1.8M and synced and it went to the SD card. However I synced again and when I went into AvantGo, it asked for my username. Checked AgConnect and the SD Card was unchecked. :-/ Checked it, and AvantGo was fine again. Hopefully that doesn't happen every time.
    >Checked AgConnect and the SD Card was unchecked. :-/ Checked it, and AvantGo was fine again. Hopefully that doesn't happen every time.

Well I hate to disappoint you but be ready for it to reset save to card every single time.
    Quote Originally Posted by scotttreo
    Nice thing with AvantGo is you can preload a bunch of things directly from your computer network connection. Faster, cheaper (no data costs) and you can read it while on a plane.
    EXACTLY.