1.    #1  
    I've read threads regarding 3rd party alrm apps such as Bob's and Treo Alarm, but I am finding it hard to believe that the Treo does not come with a built in alrm funtion. Can someone point me in the right direction. I am merely looking to set my Treo to go off every morning at a certain time. Do I really need a 3rd party app to accomplish this or does the Treo have this feature built in?
    Why don't you just create a daily recurring appointment (6am or whenever) with an alarm "0" minutes before the event?
    That works Also I found an alarm in the World Clock app - std on the Treo - pretty simplistic little thing but hey it works.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for your help guys. It sounds like both of these would work. Do I need to set the world clock everyday or is it recurring?
    It seems to turn itself off each time - what is weird is I have tried it twice in the last 10 minutes and even with the sound on on my phone, it just lights up the screen - very weird, I must be missing some setting.

EDIT - I must not be paying attention It went off fine - just now. You can then hit the Go To button on the screen and flick it back on easily. Try it
    Hey Robo,
    Thanks for the tip about the alarm on the World Clock screen, did not know that!
    My pleasure - just found it myself..test it though - it behaved weirdly the first two times..which makes it worriseome to me

I think the appointment wiht an alarm may be more reliable.
    The alarm via world clock is just like the older bedside alarm clocks - must be reset each day (max 24 hr. advance set). The recurring appointment works for advance alarms (just don't use an apostrophe or you might run into the date bug).
    One word of warning for the World Clock alarm. It doesn't keep sounding indefinitely. I have relied on my phone for years to wake up when travelling but I have slept through the World Clock alarm on the Treo 650 a couple of times because it will just stop sounding after a while without me stopping it. Other slight problem is that the "sleep" function is only five minutes.
    another warning on the World Clock alarm.. If you keep snoozing for an hour it stops making a sound. (I've done it many time. 12 snoozes later and no more alarm )